[TC] Gaming Forums
Overwolf Teamspeak overlay finally works in LFS! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Overwolf Teamspeak overlay finally works in LFS! (/showthread.php?tid=25907)

Overwolf Teamspeak overlay finally works in LFS! - Sandal - 2017-04-02 10:16

With a few weeks of confusion and a little bit of fiddling, I finally got Overwolf to display who is talking in Teamspeak - while playing LFS! I thought I'd share it with you in case others also would like to use this nice feature W00t

Live for Speed is on the Supported Games list in Overwolf, but I still haven't been able to get it to work. Although I install it and enable everything necessary in the settings menu, nothing is displayed in LFS. Until today. I came across a help file for another game, but with a similar problem, and now it works!

Here's how:
1. Open the folder C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Overwolf (Win10, other OSs may locate the folder in a different place). You also need to show hidden files to see the AppData folder.
2. Locate the file called GamesList.[numbers].XML
3. Make a backup of the file (if you want to)
4. Open the file in an editor (e.g. WordPad)
5. Go to the Live for Speed section and replace the following:

<GameRenderers>D3D8</GameRenderers>

with this:

<GameRenderers>D3D8 D3D9</GameRenderers>

For some reason the LFS profile in Overwolf is set to DX8 by default. After changing it to DX9, it works fine on my computer (i3-6100/GTX760).

6. Turn on Notifications or Channel list in Overwolf to see who's talking in TS3.

Hope it works for you as well!

sandal

EDIT: I just got a reply from Overwolf Support saying that they are including this fix in their GamesList file from now on, which means that it LFS/Overwolf/TS3 will work out of the box for everyone who downloads it.

RE: Overwolf Teamspeak overlay finally works in LFS! - Stephen - 2017-04-02 10:39

LFS used to be DX8, until just before the devs added shader support. To allow shaders, the devs had to add DX9 support to the game for them to work.