[TC] Gaming Forums
Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played (/showthread.php?tid=26093)

Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Shino - 2017-04-26 15:19

Hi all, some of you may remember before cop/robber xp, was the win/loss ratios, I was just wondering where they even went? did they get changed out for the xp?

Anyway i'd like to see w/l ratios added back into the stats system as it was good to be able to see how many chases you've won/lost (both cop & robber sides) Also if I remember right another good feature was showing how many cops you had outran throughout your chase history(not 100% as memorys a bit hazy as it was a while ago, but if this didn't happen maybe could be put in?)

Another suggestion is adding more to the time played area on the server stats page, maybe individual sections, already there is cop/robber time, would it be possible to add separate med, tow and res totals too? Just a thought, as why not be able to know exactly how long you have been a med for just like you can for being a cop?

Just basic idea's if too hard and time consuming to be input into the stats then close thread Smile

~S

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Jacob - 2017-04-26 15:34

yes, why not. It used to be better to see w/l ratio instead of XP, because XP ranking doesnt mean anything if you get XP even you lose chase as a cop or as a robber. And many of "good" cops can measure their willys by saying "i have w/l 20/1 and you have only 19/1, im better cop" (nothing bad Dino Tongue).

Would be good fun when fighting for better rank.

Also having a number of how many cops you lost was the greatest one Smile get it backSmile

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Pete - 2017-04-26 15:51

The win/loss ratios were removed for both cop and robber stats as of version 3.18.

The reason why was because people were taking the win/loss stats far too seriously to the point where cops would only chase cars that were slower than the one they were currently driving and robbers would just pull over every time they got chased to protect their stats. The amount of user reports and anger that was starting to occur got out of hand. Some of the faster people would never be chased because the cops were scared to hurt their win/loss ratio. Furthermore, in a handful of cases, some cops simply stopped copping because they did not want to harm their extremely high ratios. That's not how we ever intended for the system to work.

Now that we have abolished the w/l ratio in favour of an 'upwards-only' XP system, people are a lot more relaxed about their statistics, the number of reports has gone down and people don't mind as much if they lose a chase occasionally. Remember that losing 1 chase with a w/l ratio system hurts a lot if you have a high number of wins:

100 wins, 1 loss, ratio is 100:1 -> 100 wins, 2 losses, ratio is 50:1 -> This used to make people seriously angry to the point where they just stopped playing.

Hopefully you get the idea.

The win/loss statistic is still being recorded, just not shown on your stats right now.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Ph4nToM - 2017-04-26 15:55

Bringing back the "cop outran" stat wouldn't make any harm though right? That's one thing that only goes upward too.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Pete - 2017-04-26 15:59

(2017-04-26 15:55)Ph4nToM Wrote:  Bringing back the "cop outran" stat wouldn't make any harm though right? That's one thing that only goes upward too.

No, I suppose not. I'll prod Chuck about that.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Adorable - 2017-04-27 21:52

You could retrieve the profile of any player by visiting: http://insim.city-driving.co.uk/api.php?type=profile&username=yourusername

You want to look for: chases_won_robber / chases_lost_robber / chases_won_cop / chases_lost_cop

Example, stats of Angel: http://insim.city-driving.co.uk/api.php?type=profile&username=sergey29

"chases_won_robber":"820","chases_lost_robber":"566","chases_won_cop":"7267","chases_lost_cop":"1000"

His COP win ratio is: 7267 / 1000+7267 * 100 == ~87.9% (balanced Tongue)

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Connor - 2017-04-28 01:58

Why does liv4eva not work. Sad

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Cam - 2017-04-28 02:51

Mine's not working either Sad

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - StreetFX - 2017-04-28 05:12

Worked for me!

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Chuck - 2017-04-28 05:52

This api is outdated and probably failed at all on some requests. Those chase stats aren't calculated anymore so the numbers were just wrong too.
However, we are currently developing an official, and documented, API for public use. Interested people should get in touch with us. I reckon Pete will post an announcement soon.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Tingle - 2017-04-28 08:57

(2017-04-28 05:52)Chuck Wrote:  This api is outdated and probably failed at all on some requests. Those chase stats aren't calculated anymore so the numbers were just wrong too.
However, we are currently developing an official, and documented, API for public use. Interested people should get in touch with us. I reckon Pete will post an announcement soon.

I would be very interested as I always have a few projects on the go at any one time. What sort of features are you roughly looking to implement into the API and would there be a restriction on how often it can be used per day?

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Adorable - 2017-04-28 11:15

(2017-04-28 05:52)Chuck Wrote:  However, we are currently developing an official, and documented, API for public use.

Can't find anything about that here: http://devdrivel.tc-gaming.co.uk/

I'm disappointed.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Pete - 2017-04-28 15:10

(2017-04-28 11:15)Adorable Wrote:  
(2017-04-28 05:52)Chuck Wrote:  However, we are currently developing an official, and documented, API for public use.

Can't find anything about that here: http://devdrivel.tc-gaming.co.uk/

I'm disappointed.

When it's ready it will get posted there. We should have cut off access to the old API a long time ago.

Sorry that you're disappointed but we didn't know anyone even knew about that API, let alone whether anyone was using it.

@Connor: It's because [TC] member profiles were restricted.

(2017-04-28 08:57)Tingle Wrote:  
(2017-04-28 05:52)Chuck Wrote:  This api is outdated and probably failed at all on some requests. Those chase stats aren't calculated anymore so the numbers were just wrong too.

I would be very interested as I always have a few projects on the go at any one time. What sort of features are you roughly looking to implement into the API and would there be a restriction on how often it can be used per day?

This will all be announced in due course but it will work in similar ways to any JSON API that's out there for instance the GitHub API.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Borja - 2017-04-28 19:54

Looking forward new things that sound very great...

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Pete - 2017-04-29 00:10

(2017-04-28 19:54)Borja Wrote:  
Looking forward new things that sound very great...

That's an announcement about DevDrivel, not about the API. They are 2 separate things.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Shino - 2017-06-21 17:08

Bump

Just wondering if the 'outran cops' stat has been discussed about since this thread?

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Adorable - 2017-06-21 18:06

(2017-06-21 17:08)Shino Wrote:  Just wondering if the 'outran cops' stat has been discussed about since this thread?

If I'm not mistaken the new API will be released by this year's Gumball and it'll give us access to every bit stat [TC] stores.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Raphi - 2017-06-21 18:36

If you're right, this would be really nice as I'd like to see the API. Smile

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Pete - 2017-06-21 18:52

(2017-06-21 18:06)Adorable Wrote:  
(2017-06-21 17:08)Shino Wrote:  Just wondering if the 'outran cops' stat has been discussed about since this thread?

If I'm not mistaken the new API will be released by this year's Gumball and it'll give us access to every bit [TC] stores.

All of the stats, not every bit of information.

RE: Cop+Robber W/L ratio return? / TOW+MED+RES Time played - Shino - 2017-06-21 23:08

Thanks for the update Smile