[TC] Gaming Forums
Team Statistics - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Team Statistics (/showthread.php?tid=26094)

Team Statistics - Tingle - 2017-04-26 17:26

In order to introduce a bit of competitiveness among the affiliate teams (and [TC]), it would be interesting to see a 'Team Stats' tab on the server statistics page, comprised of various averages of different metrics. Where the average is the sum of that metric divided by the number of members in the team, if using the mean. But of course, you could use the median which may in fact be more suitable.

For example, average wealth for a team, average kilometers driven for a team, average RP points for a team, average crashes for a team, average robber XP for a team, average cop XP for a team and so on...

Numerical Example:

It'd fill the gap on the server stats page and make things slightly more interesting in my opinion.

Thoughts?

RE: Team Statistics - Carl - 2017-04-26 17:52

I wouldn't care if we was last, I love a good comparison! Smile +1

RE: Team Statistics - Spencer - 2017-04-26 17:55

Similar to the reasoning behind not having the cop win/loss %, could this not lead to a team feeling a bit of contempt toward a member who is seen as "bringing down the average"? At the worst, they may even factor in someone's wealth when accepting recruits into a team.

RE: Team Statistics - Sam - 2017-04-26 18:38

What Spencer said, would be cool, but would lead to the negatives mentioned.

RE: Team Statistics - Tingle - 2017-04-26 19:12

(2017-04-26 17:55)Spencer Wrote:  Similar to the reasoning behind not having the cop win/loss %, could this not lead to a team feeling a bit of contempt toward a member who is seen as "bringing down the average"? At the worst, they may even factor in someone's wealth when accepting recruits into a team.

I doubt they would take it that seriously. Certain teams are more or less inclined to recruit players of a certain caliber as it is, from what I have observed anyway.

RE: Team Statistics - Adorable - 2017-04-26 19:15

Same could be made for individuals, eg: Most driven distance in a week, Good idea

+1

RE: Team Statistics - Carl - 2017-04-26 19:17

(2017-04-26 19:15)Adorable Wrote:  eg: Most driven distance in a week, Good idea

+1

If a permanent fixture won't work out, then a weekly ladder certainly would. Smile

RE: Team Statistics - Adam - 2017-04-26 20:25

(2017-04-26 19:12)Tingle Wrote:  
(2017-04-26 17:55)Spencer Wrote:  Similar to the reasoning behind not having the cop win/loss %, could this not lead to a team feeling a bit of contempt toward a member who is seen as "bringing down the average"? At the worst, they may even factor in someone's wealth when accepting recruits into a team.

I doubt they would take it that seriously. Certain teams are more or less inclined to recruit players of a certain caliber as it is, from what I have observed anyway.

"i doubt they would take it that seriously." Look at the the win/loss ratio thread just below and read Pete's post, it should be obvious that people will take it seriously...

RE: Team Statistics - Ph4nToM - 2017-04-26 20:29

You can't compare something drastic as win/lose ratio and some average stats....wouldn't affect anything on our side for sure. I kind of like the idea.

RE: Team Statistics - Tingle - 2017-04-26 20:31

(2017-04-26 20:25)AdamB Wrote:  
(2017-04-26 19:12)Tingle Wrote:  

"i doubt they would take it that seriously." Look at the the win/loss ratio thread just below and read Pete's post, it should be obvious that people will take it seriously...

An average is much less volatile than an individual's win loss ratio. Win/loss ratio is generally an over-hyped statistic anyway.

RE: Team Statistics - gigawert - 2017-04-26 22:37

Also if we could have the ability to create our own teams on [TC], inviting LFS usernames and having stats from that.