[TC] Gaming Forums
Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? (/showthread.php?tid=26118)

Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Marty - 2017-04-29 11:17

Apparently traffic lights are a hard thing to understand...
When I am the first car in line at the traffic light, I often get honked at by others (or sometimes even pushed), because I refuse to drive away when the light is orange, before going green.

Now my country doesnt have the system "orange before green", but I believe orange is only meant to engage first gear and put the clutch at bitepoint right?

[rant]If yes, could we stop honking like madmen at people on the server who play like its actually supposed to happen? [/rant]

Thanks.

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Carl - 2017-04-29 11:30

Lot of impatient drivers on TC. You are right about orange though, its to prepare to go.

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Faded. - 2017-04-29 11:43

You can also drive at orange light when it`s close to be red if you got time.

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Ash - 2017-04-29 11:48

(2017-04-29 11:43)Faded. Wrote:  You can also drive at orange light when it`s close to be red if you got time.

You mean if it's not safe or impractical to stop.

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Marty - 2017-04-29 11:54

Nvm (I cant delete this post somehow.)

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Faded. - 2017-04-29 11:58

(2017-04-29 11:48)Ash Wrote:  
(2017-04-29 11:43)Faded. Wrote:  You can also drive at orange light when it`s close to be red if you got time.

You mean if it's not safe or impractical to stop.

yeah off course i mean that

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - BP - 2017-04-29 13:31

Hi,

Since you're not suggesting to actually change anything, this will be moved to General Discussions as opposed to the Suggestions forum.

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Bez - 2017-04-29 13:42

There's actually a manual for people who have a hard time with traffic lights Laugh

http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/traffic_lights

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Marty - 2017-04-29 15:24

(2017-04-29 13:31)BP Wrote:  Hi,

Since you're not suggesting to actually change anything, this will be moved to General Discussions as opposed to the Suggestions forum.

Dang, I am doing well when it comes to putting topics in the wrong category...
Thx BP.

RE: Traffic lights: drive away at orange light or green? - Ras - 2017-04-29 15:31

People often mistake ORANGE as GO (ingame and IRL), when in fact it's not until the GREEN comes on that you can go. On ORANGE you get the car rolling so that you can pass the line on GREEN.