[TC] Gaming Forums
Rule : 1.12.2 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Rule : 1.12.2 (/showthread.php?tid=26234)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Turbo - 2017-05-17 12:15

I think the rules on Arab Drifting should remain as they are to be honest.

Pretty frustrating to be on a trip and someone just rams straight into you.

If you feel the need to Arab Drift, go to a Drift or Stunt Server.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Frozen - 2017-05-17 12:21

(2017-05-17 12:05)Adorable Wrote:  
(2017-05-17 11:57)Frozen Wrote:  love to mess around while ruining other people's fun.

Not the case here.

Quote:I warn him to stop arab drifting, he ignores me and keeps on drifting

Once they are told they're breaking the rules but continue to do so, they're doing it on purpose. From that moment, they're no longer able to complain about an 'unfair' ban. They've been told they were doing wrong but continue to do so. So yes, it's the same case and the ban is perfectly fine. You should re-read the whole text Connor wrote, it's very clear to me. If you do not understand it perhaps you do not want to understand it.

In that case, its not our problem but your problem.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Adorable - 2017-05-17 13:41

(2017-05-17 12:21)Frozen Wrote:  Once they are told they're breaking the rules but continue to do so, they're doing it on purpose.

I'm by no means disagreeing with the ban, I'm disagreeing with the rules here, and mentioned a couple more topics on the way.

I already did point out:

OP Wrote:the admin actions taken against [GN] M L 7 O o S were genuine

Connor indeed did stick to the rules and his job as an admin is to ensure everyone is following them, on the handset of the rules available and based on the evidence provided, considering the Users's URS, the ban is with no doubt justified.

Quote:If you do not understand it perhaps

I'm no piece of rock, but its your team-mate Angel who just happened to be butthurt about it. Like, watch the replay, he's not there for the first 50 minutes, M L 7 O o S didn't bother/annoy Angel at all, What I'd like to highlight again, is that [TC] keeps coming up with these rules, don't disconnect during chases (Rule 3.1) which as usual, abused:

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=22780
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=16561
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=18876
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=14713
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23296

I hope you're able to get the message I'm trying to send. [TC] keeps setting up rules to prevent "nothing". yet if they are broken you are subject to being banned. In the past rule 3.1, then comes Rule 1.5 -Overtaking chases whereas its the only [option/safest] then make it count as a violation(disrespecting sirens).

And now 1.12.2., which is setup so that everyone have fun whereas none was affected by it, should have made this topic the day it came out, really, hovering over the connections list I can already spot a decent amount of drifters, that goes sideways using the entire road.

Barney Wrote:community spirit, lmao

Wouldn't we end up banning a decent bit of players that are drifting now? looking at just 1 hr of the replay Angel submitted, There were already a decent bit drifting and losing control which surely isn't allowed. Here's a demonstration by a well known community member, If we were to keep this rule, I'm sure this type of drifting is also not allowed, although much more dangerous than what Ml7Oos got banned for:

I think you are now able to see how powerful such things can be, Frozen?

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Frozen - 2017-05-17 13:57

Don't compare normal drifting with Arab drifting.

In normal drifting, when people are capable of driving they are not dangerous. They stay on the correct side of the road and only drift in turns where its possible, and controlled. In normal drifting, there are two kind of people. Those who can drift and (are able to) drive safe while doing so, and those who think they can drift and fail at doing so (as shown in the gif you posted).

In arab drifting, there is always the danger factor, you always have to avoid the wrong side to make a proper slide if that's how its called Wink therefore you can't compare them.

I think you're able to see now why drifting is allowed as a police - fineable offence, and why arab drifting is a bannable offence when doing it outside stunt zones. Smile

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Adorable - 2017-05-17 14:06

(2017-05-17 13:57)Frozen Wrote:  Don't compare normal drifting with Arab drifting.

Doesn't look normal to me, It is really the same, there's no proper way to react / avoid oncoming cars, except for when you look at the radar; which is why I suggested that those who still cause accidents due to drifting should be treated as others, whereas other who are able to do it just fine and when no traffic is endangered shouldn't.

Similar to what you said:

Quote:someone at 01:00 in the night, with an empty server does a circle around the roundabout, they will be banned.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Spark - 2017-05-17 14:56

Ever since the rule has been put in place, the amount of accident has decreased, so what's the actual point in removing it, to see it all come back and give admins more work? No thanks, leave the rule as it is.

Either way they already have a stunt zone where they are legally allowed to arab drift, so why de-restrict it and make more trouble for everyone.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Thomas - 2017-05-17 15:05

I like rule 1.12.2.

It has made it possible to get rid of people who doesn't care about others when driving all over the road.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Pete - 2017-05-17 15:18

(2017-05-17 11:57)Frozen Wrote:  What's childish is the fact that [TC] had to add a rule for every little thing just because many people here cannot behave and love to mess around while ruining other people's fun. Arab drifting got a chance, and it brought more drama than happiness, therefore, we scrap the drama and we're sorry for those who are not happy anymore. The majority counts, that's how the real world works.

Amen to that.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Carl - 2017-05-17 15:26

Blame the arab drifters, they made the rule come into play.

Street drifting causes crashes too, but saudi drift & street drift are very easy to tell apart. Saudi drifting obviously got too out of hand and then it was banned, same with things like roundabout drifting and stuff.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Ras - 2017-05-17 15:43

Frozen's posts are all pretty spot on Thumbup1

To all who keep comparing arab drifting to the normal drifting. Don't, because there's a big difference, hence why normal drifting is allowed. It is simply nowhere near as dangerous or causing the same kind of issues as arab drifting. Arab drifting is as bad as stunting in the road, and that is why you'll find the rule under 1.12. Stunts.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Alex. - 2017-05-17 16:27

(2017-05-17 15:43)Ras Wrote:  Frozen's posts are all pretty spot on Thumbup1

To all who keep comparing arab drifting to the normal drifting. Don't, because there's a big difference, hence why normal drifting is allowed. It is simply nowhere near as dangerous or causing the same kind of issues as arab drifting. Arab drifting is as bad as stunting in the road, and that is why you'll find the rule under 1.12. Stunts.

In montana dont avaliable any stuntzone there and in jamica small place "Drift corner" what we can do there ?!

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Marty - 2017-05-17 16:32

(2017-05-17 16:27)Alex. Wrote:  In montana dont avaliable any stuntzone there and in jamica small place "Drift corner" what we can do there ?!

Wait until a more appropriate circuit comes available.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Frozen - 2017-05-17 16:38

(2017-05-17 16:27)Alex. Wrote:  In montana dont avaliable any stuntzone there and in jamica small place "Drift corner" what we can do there ?!

What can we do there is your question? Tons of things this server is meant for: Cruising, copping, towing, being a medic and many more things! Thumbup W00t

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Alex. - 2017-05-17 16:40

(2017-05-17 16:38)Frozen Wrote:  

What can we do there is your question? Tons of things this server is meant for: Cruising, copping, towing, being a medic and many more things! Thumbup W00t

If we do more things why normal drift avaliable! Unsure

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Ghutra - 2017-05-17 16:43

Drifting IS ALSO doing stunts........

And both drifts let the rear wheels lose control and grip/traction, which is not having control of the car, as it can easily end up with doing a spin in the middle of the road causing crashes. A car under control is the one that doesn't slide/drift at all, where you can exit corners fast, where its rear wheels face the front wheels, and not Crab Steering. So nope, don't come say Drift is having the car under control, because it is not. You need to correct the slide 24/7 not to end up against a wall or crashing someone, so no, its not under control if you have to make corrections with the st wheel all the time.

The only difference with Arab Drift and Drift is that Arab Drift is actually Powerslide and most of times FWD cars are used (except for example Chevrolet Caprice and Lumina, and a Charger) and Drift only uses RWD cars. The point is the same, going from side to side letting the tail slide, except that arab drift is on straights and drift is focused on corners. But the point is still the same. They can't be compared ofc, but the technic is still the same, so yes, they are similar. Drift started in Japan in 1970, and Arab Drift became a thing in Saudi Arabia in 1980 for those who don't know.

Either start making drifters go to an stunt-zone or start banning both drifters and arab drifters. Both drifts disturb/block the road for the cars behind them, and are a danger to everyone. My experience have been ruined many times by drifters, but who cares, right?.

I support rule 1.12.2 because IT IS a fact that Arab Drifters caused too many problems, hence thats why the rule was created, but its "hypocrit" that you ban arab drifters but drifters can get away like nothing happened.

As somebody said above, Montana doesn't have an Stuntzone, and FB stuntzone is too small for both drifters-arab drifters.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Adrian - 2017-05-17 17:54

I totally agree with what Jacob said here.

Also as others said, we can't compare normal drifting and arab drifting. There are few similar details but there are so much more different details as well.

I'm drifter and I'm sure that I'm not even good at it, just trying my best. But on my level of experience in it I'm able to control car in drift for most of the time (mistakes always happen, such as oversteer, but even when I oversteer I'm still able to stop my car safely without even going on wrong side).

I was trying arab drifting too but even with my (not a big) experience in drifting (which should help here) I couldn't control car as much as in normal drifting. I supose it's just a case of time to get used to it however it's still technically impossible to control arab drifting as much as normal drifting (in my opinion). When drifting RWD car you can all the time change grip of rear wheels by applying different amount of throttle and using handbrake. In FWD car you can only use handbrake, which gives u less control.

Second thing which makes arab drifting more dangerous than drifting is place where it's suposed to be done. Drifting is designed for corners, arab drifting for straight road. Corner is almost same on correct side of road and on wrong way, so there is no need to go on wrong side. On straight road one lane is not enough to perform arab drift, so you need to use wrong side as well, which again makes arab drifting more dangerous than drifting.

Last thing I will describe here are "tricks" or however you call it. I means things like doing 360 and so on. In normal drifting there are no such things, while in arab drifting there are. It's really dangerous as it's simply losing control of car on purpose for few seconds. These few seconds can cause so big danger.

Summarizing: Arab drifting is more dangerous than drifting and it's probably reason why only arab drifting is forbidden. Personally I had more accidents and/or problems with arab drifters than with drifters. I don't think this rule should be changed or removed.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Brad - 2017-05-17 18:57

Firstly, I think these discussions are healthy, assuming they stay friendly. I genuinely see both sides of the argument however the main thing that swayed my opinion before we announced this was the extent of support for such a rule.

If this wasn't a worthwhile issue having a rule for this thread would look very different. As others have said, no rule (well, maybe except not going wrong-way on Autobahn) is purely black and white. However, if someone has been specifically warned - multiple times - about the same thing then I don't think you can justifiably fight against further admin action if they continue - regardless of whether the last time they did it they caused no issues.

It's a sad state of affairs that we have to introduce such rules, but clearly the majority of the community agree that it is the correct thing to do. If that changes in future, then we're not so stubborn as to refuse to re-visit whether the rule is still relevant.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - QATAR948 - 2017-05-17 19:47

(2017-05-17 11:43)Asas Wrote:  There is no key difference between drifting and hagwalah, they both technically lose partial control of the car in a way or another. But from what I have seen, the problem wasn't from hagwalah itself, but from the people who do it (SAUDIs), their lack of skills to communicate and not taking responsibility of their actions led TC to take such actions.

i agree with you here but for the time i spend on TC i had more problems with drifters than Arab drifters , they always spin at corners and cause crashes because of their hot rear tyres ,and some others keep driving with their hot tyres and drifting around and that make the person behind them not able to see or to overtake them easily because of the smoke. for me i think they both should be banned from heavy traffic rouds , but they can do it in empty roads if there was no cars , and if they cause any crashes they should be reported as ramming and get high punish for it.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Owl - 2017-05-21 10:54

Hagwalah and Drifting should be restricted to Stunt Zones IMHO. The amount of accidents caused by Drifting is not far off the amount caused by Hagwalah. The roads would be much safer.

However, implementing the rule against Drifting would decrease TC's player base and popularity.

RE: Rule : 1.12.2 - Warped - 2017-05-21 15:08

Much ado about nothing. Maybe Arabz need to move to their server if they so eagerly want to Arab Drift.