[TC] Gaming Forums
Manchester 22/05/2017 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Manchester 22/05/2017 (/showthread.php?tid=26281)

Pages: 1 2

Manchester 22/05/2017 - Shino - 2017-05-23 10:41

If you didn't already know, throughout last night and until now there has been a lot going off in and around the Manchester arena, a suicide bomber who attended the entire Ariana Grande concert let off an explosive device 'in his rugsack' upon the concert finish, the bomb was detonated as everyone was leaving the arena.

So far Greater Manchester Police, have confirmed 22 fatalities and 59 injuries, most life threatening. Several children are still missing, however Holiday Inn took in over 100+ children without guardians, and kept them safe for the night.

Edit: 'A 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the attack'
'The first victim of the terror attack is named as Georgina Callander'

A few links if you want to look into it :

http://news.sky.com/video/trump-manchester-killer-an-evil-loser-10889823

http://news.sky.com/story/manchester-arena-explosion-what-we-know-so-far-10889593

Personally I think this is the bomber, or someone who had connection to the bomber. Greater Manchester Police say that doors opened at the arena at 6:00pm, this tweet was posted at 6:28pm-6:32pm that's exactly 4 hours before the bomb went off at 10:33pm. If only this tweet had been found quicker the bomber could have been stopped in his tracks.

[Image: TSwrdYg.png]
[Image: Dn9On1K.png]

I also found this tweet notice 'Soon the vehicle attacks will be witnessed on your streets, by Allah's permission'
[Image: l9CPSAc.jpg]

I have been watching the livestream on sky news since 6 this morning,
I was working on the roof of the Manchester Arena only last week, very frightening to say the least.
My strongest condolences to the people and family's affected by the cowardly act of these 'losers'

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Adorable - 2017-05-23 11:34

*facepalm* on the "by allah's permission"...

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Borja - 2017-05-23 16:40

My strongest condolences to the people and family's affected.

Also hope that any of TC cruisers got affected neither...

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Carl - 2017-05-23 17:06

Crazy how I'm only a 30-40 minute drive from all this, I know a few people that went up there for that concert, I know one of them is alright just waiting to hear from the other 2.

Hope the lost children find their parents again.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Owl - 2017-05-23 17:27

I shit myself up last night when I received a notification on my phone at (23:30 CET) telling me about an attack at the arena. My Mum, Auntie and Cousins were at the concert. I packed my bags was out of Germany and back in Manchester by 9 this morning (Thank you unrestricted Autobahns). Fortunately, they're all OK. Mum had spare keys to my house, so they crashed there for the night.

My thoughts are with everyone who was affected by this.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Howlin - 2017-05-23 17:28

(2017-05-23 17:06)Nismo Wrote:  Crazy how I'm only a 30-40 minute drive from all this,

Yeah it's scarily close to home this time, about 30 miles or so away from where I am.

God i'm sick of seeing this shit happen...

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - GT4tube - 2017-05-23 18:46

wtf terror... Closedeyes

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - GOOMB - 2017-05-23 18:58

condolences to all who was affected by this. It's a very sickening thing to do. Hope no one we know or care about has been affected by this.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Brad - 2017-05-23 20:06

(2017-05-23 17:27)Owl Wrote:  I shit myself up last night when I received a notification on my phone at (23:30 CET) telling me about an attack at the arena. My Mum, Auntie and Cousins were at the concert. I packed my bags was out of Germany and back in Manchester by 9 this morning (Thank you unrestricted Autobahns). Fortunately, they're all OK. Mum had spare keys to my house, so they crashed there for the night.

My thoughts are with everyone who was affected by this.

Glad to hear. It's incredibly worrying how this attack was clearly targeted at children & families. Hopefully these things don't cause cracks and friction in communities - that's exactly what they want to happen.

Ultimately these aren't religiously motivated, they're driven by what can only be described as cults. Those who actually follow the religions themselves are as outraged by these attacks as the rest of us.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Owl - 2017-05-23 20:55

As much as I hate what I'm about to say, it's completely true in my opinion.
No one can stop extremists. They can't stop themselves, if they believe wiping out humanity is the answer, that's what they're forever going to believe.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Warped - 2017-05-23 20:59

(2017-05-23 11:34)Adorable Wrote:  *facepalm* on the "by allah's permission"...

Considering the atrocities the Quran has to offer, I don't wonder why they say what they say.

RIP to all those killed viciously murdered. Obviously, every sensible and compassionate person's heart goes out to the victims' families.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Howlin - 2017-05-23 21:10

(2017-05-23 20:59)Warped Wrote:  Considering the atrocities the Quran has to offer, I don't wonder why they say what they say.

As usual, taking this conversation where it doesn't need to go. Take your mindless blame elsewhere.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Spark - 2017-05-23 21:15

Doing this type of thing where children were involved it absolutely ridiculous, I am actually really upset that innocent teenagers horrifically died because of a suicide bomber... Where is the peace gone in this world..

My thoughts with everyone affected by this. Sad

It's shocking, I heard that over the radio and they brought up a really nerve racking question; How safe is it to do the usual things we all do nowadays?

Like, can we go to the gigs without the fear of death. These attacks are getting closer and closer to Ireland, many are worried and are even cancelling their yearly holidays abroad, but some ask about the odds of this happening in Ireland.

Ireland's security is useless, the only thing they check for at the concerts and such is drinks, nothing more. Mid-last year Irish Police (Garda) has launched a Special Team, that team is Armed Support. It's crazy because they only got an official one now, still, Irish Police (Garda) is very layed back and lazy. I really am not comfortable recently with all the attacks because really, it could happen ANYWHERE and to be entirely honest, Ireland is nowhere near being prepared.. Sad

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Dizzle - 2017-05-24 00:05

(2017-05-23 21:10)Howlin Wrote:  
(2017-05-23 20:59)Warped Wrote:  Considering the atrocities the Quran has to offer, I don't wonder why they say what they say.

As usual, taking this conversation where it doesn't need to go. Take your mindless blame elsewhere.

Actually, Brad initiated the direction turning statement in his religion comment trying to defend them.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Dowpy - 2017-05-24 01:03

Not sure what you were thinking making a thread like this if you don't want the truth. I completely agree with Warped, truth hurts sometimes. My thoughts go out to everyone affected.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Howlin - 2017-05-24 03:40

(2017-05-24 01:03)Dowpy Wrote:  Not sure what you were thinking making a thread like this if you don't want the truth. I completely agree with Warped, truth hurts sometimes. My thoughts go out to everyone affected.

Throwing the blame around doesn't help a damn thing, it just causes arguments over something we've all debated before and will never agree on.

This thread isn't so people can start arguments, make attacks on peoples beliefs or question the ways of their religion and so if you don't wish to show some restraint and keep your controversial opinions to yourself for a change then don't make a post. Not everything has to be argued over.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Shino - 2017-05-24 08:45

Brad is correct, ultimately these are not religiously motivated attacks, these cowards 'are' Muslim and are following alans 'plans'. These nutters have been radically brainwashed by extremists here on our streets, or in training camps/prisons, they're trying to represent Islam in a bad way, when we all know 99.9% of Muslims in England are hard working, respectful members of society, see this,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/muslims-raise-money-manchester-suicide-bombing-explosion-salman-abedi-a7752256.html

Take note 'Dr Shazad Amin, CEO of MEND said, "It is a fundamental part of our faith to help those in need, irrespective of their background.  

"The Muslim community stands shoulder to shoulder with victims (and their families) of these atrocities."

I think people forget how many muslims staff the NHS that have been working non stop fighting to save the lives of people they've never met before, and the amount of muslim taxi drivers that turned off there meters and were giving people lifts away from the arena on the night this horror occurred.

People that have the idea of 'all muslims are terrorists' when this is just not the case, I know a lot of muslims and I can tell you, they're very nice warmhearted and friendly people, just last week I was in Birmingham working in a loft in a house in an Asian area, everyone was very friendly around there, we even got kebabs and samosa's cooked for us!

If this still doesn't open your eyes and make you realise that its a small handful of people committing these atrocities, representing 'islam' and giving it the worst name possible, take a look at this, these are real muslims fighting against 'jihadis' trying to send out 'radical messages' and basically, what is the recruiting front for ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/watch-the-moment-ordinary-muslims-shut-down-jihadis-trying-to-spread-radical-message-outside-mosques-a6823141.html

THIS THREAD WAS TO SHOW RESPECT AND SYMPATHY FOR ALL THOSE AFFECTED, NOT AN OPPOURTUNITY TO ARGUE WHO DID WHAT AND WHY. GROW UP.
I'm all for arguments about this kind of stuff, but theres a time and a place and it is definitely not now.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Chuck - 2017-05-24 09:30

You state your opinion and forbid others to state theirs. Sounds like public media.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Shino - 2017-05-24 09:57

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion Chuck, please point out where I said that it's forbidden. I am telling people to 'GROW UP' because this is still a very raw subject, as I said, this thread was made for people to show respect, not a battleground for opinions. I am just a little annoyed about how some people believe because they see a 'muslim terrorist' on the news all muslims are bad-minded people, I was simply putting information out there to prove to people that it is a very very small minority of 'muslims' that commit these atrocities, and a whole religion should not be slammed for the actions of a few.

RE: Manchester 22/05/2017 - Nathan - 2017-05-24 09:57

My views to some extent, these are my own views and do not reflect the views of TC gaming at all.

Obviously he generalizes a bit as it is a select few which cause problems, not everyone with the same beliefs .

I find it strange days before the Paris attacks here was a large training exercise for terrorism and the same thing happened with this incident.