[TC] Gaming Forums
Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? (/showthread.php?tid=26294)

Pages: 1 2

Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Drivere - 2017-05-24 14:17

In this video is a woman who was born a Muslim in Somalia. She is a Dutch-American activist and a former Dutch politician. She says she has seen Islam "from the inside and the outside." Her main point is that "Islam is not a religion of peace."

She makes good points, and the video is worthwhile for you to watch if you don't know about the religion in question that much.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - dyzio2206 - 2017-05-24 14:35

i don't think we should open this conversation here..
both the quiran(if i spell it right) and the bible talk about how a man/believer should behave/treat women and non believers whether one follows it to the letter is a personal matter

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Brad - 2017-05-24 14:45

To all those wishing to take part in this conversation: Do so with respect, please, understandably we are closely monitoring it and will close it immediately if this derails and becomes personal and/or offensive

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Adam - 2017-05-24 15:03

She needs to give me proof of the bad things the Quran says, then i will believe her. I hope this doesn't end up like the Manchester thread, but i guess from the start it is going that way...

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Nathan - 2017-05-24 15:08

I dont see why this cannot be discussed in a mature manner without people getting butthurt when people disagree with their opinion.

Adam, i am no expert but i have been looking at sharia law today and it makes for an eyeopening read.

I know not all muslims follow or believe in sharia law in the west, I wont open that can of worms yet

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Adam - 2017-05-24 15:41

If she is trying to persuade us that Islam isn't peaceful then why doesn't she tell us in more detail? She says there are bad things in there but she doesn't show text from the Quran or the pages/sections from it. I am not saying that she is wrong, she just doesn't have any proof of what she is saying so why should believe her. I don't really want to research sharia law and look through the Quran to find out about what she is saying.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Chuck - 2017-05-24 18:34

Why do we always have to think about *their* problems? Why can't they just stay home?

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Adorable - 2017-05-24 18:47

^ I don't think they have a home Laugh

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Alex. - 2017-05-24 18:57

(2017-05-24 18:47)Adorable Wrote:  ^ I don't think they have a home Laugh

Indeed Glare

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Brixton - 2017-05-24 19:19

Not religion killing people. People killing people. Simple as that. If you want find a reason for doing something bad, you will find a reason for it. You will find it in the Koran (german spelling), in the BIble and even in a IKEA manual.

Humans always think in boxes. In this box is the "we" and the others in the other boxes are doen´t matter that much like the one in the own box. The boxes can be diffrent. One day you are in the same box other day you are in another one. It depends on the theme.

And who ever think he must kill people to prove the world his own religion/opinion/political party or whatever is the right one, is just a big piece of shit no matter in which religion he believe.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Chuck - 2017-05-25 05:21

The german propaganda ministry certainly would be proud to hear that their messages were received Wink

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Brixton - 2017-05-25 09:09

(2017-05-25 05:21)Chuck Wrote:  The german propaganda ministry certainly would be proud to hear that their messages were received Wink

Ah I see. A tin foil hat? Rolleyes
After this sentence, I would bet you like AfD and some other "good german organisation"?

I see there no propagnada. My optionion is based on my own experience in study and work. I know a christian who think all jews should be killed. I know two very modern muslims with strong believe but no extremism at all. The only believe for themself and dont think they have the right to say others what they should do.
And I know of some very traumatized youth migrants from syria and sierra leone who only want find peace. Lost their family, getting hurted and tortuet very badly and arive with nothing more then her live. And we are so damn rich in europa, special in germany and thinking about how we can make money on the back of the rest of the world and dont let the problems in to our world.

Who is export weapons for billions, should not be wondering of millions refuuges are coming.

In Asia there are genocides from buddists against muslims minorities. So is buddism a brutal religion? I think not. Just some brutal buddists, nothing more.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Audiojack - 2017-05-25 11:00

What Brixton said is true.

There's no such thing as a religion of peace. Some people may find peace in their religion, some may find conflict. It's down to the people.

The problems come from people who use their religion and their beliefs as a tool and an argument to achieve their secular goals. Those goals could come purely from their own desires but more often than not they're also tied to tradition, ancestral pride or whatever.

But nobody does things without selfish reasons, whether it be a very tangible reward (in life or in afterlife) or just something like the sense of belonging. Nobody does it just because a religion asks them to unless they're very deeply mentally ill, and most of islamist extremists are not.

People are just doing what they want and religion is just the principal backing for that. What people do want could also be tangentially related to their beliefs, for example what they believe they will achieve in afterlife or whatever.

It just looks like it's purely the religion itself because of the big group of people hanging on to that same religion and getting organized. An (imperfect) analogy would be a sport team that wants to win a championship, they all have their own reasons for being there and doing that and wanting to win but they're all united by their sport.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Chuck - 2017-05-25 12:00

(2017-05-25 11:00)Audiojack Wrote:  What Brixton said is true.

There's no such thing as a religion of peace. Some people may find peace in their religion, some may find conflict. It's down to the people.

Well, the question was pointless anyway. l consider all religions a mental disease, Islam is just the worst of them. Nobody would voluntarily start believing in nonsense if they're not getting infected by others, e.g. family.
The world's average lifespan is ~75 years, so if we prevent new infections (e.g. by laws) the problem would be gone forever. One of the biggest problem of mankind gone in just less then a century.
Just imagine how much less grief would be on the planet if there was no religion.

But that's just the religious part, the other problem is the culture. If history has taught us one thing, it's that mixing religions and cultures never ended up well.
Never. Whether it's the tribe, the family, the folk or any other sort of group. Mixing these up never caused anything good. So, why are we ignoring thousands of years of experience? And that's no matter of discrimination, it's the nature of all living species on this planet, not just humans. Everybody could just live in peace and happiness side by side.
I don't know the exact circumstances, but apparently, some politicians have chosen to put this law of nature to another experiment again. The results of this experiment can be seen each night in the news, robberies here, rapes there, thefts there. And in case of Germany, I'm not just talking about the last year, I'm talking about the last 70 years. The EU was the petrol in that engine but particularly the last 12 months were pure nitro.

The UK, for instance, has chosen to abort that experiment by leaving the EU. Well yeah, it's a big price to pay, but I bet if there was an option just to end the uncontrolled migration, the majority would have chosen that instead. Nevertheless, the EU has its advantages in aspects of economy.

However, I also disapprove of that experiment, but nowadays, I'm not even allowed to say that anymore without being politically prosecuted. People trying to do that in the media have been silenced, publicly or privately, e.g. by not letting them into the public media anymore.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Drivere - 2017-05-25 12:12

(2017-05-25 09:09)Brixton Wrote:  
(2017-05-25 05:21)Chuck Wrote:  The german propaganda ministry certainly would be proud to hear that their messages were received Wink

Ah I see. A tin foil hat? Rolleyes
After this sentence, I would bet you like AfD and some other "good german organisation"?

I see there no propagnada. My optionion is based on my own experience in study and work. I know a christian who think all jews should be killed. I know two very modern muslims with strong believe but no extremism at all. The only believe for themself and dont think they have the right to say others what they should do.
And I know of some very traumatized youth migrants from syria and sierra leone who only want find peace. Lost their family, getting hurted and tortuet very badly and arive with nothing more then her live. And we are so damn rich in europa, special in germany and thinking about how we can make money on the back of the rest of the world and dont let the problems in to our world.

Who is export weapons for billions, should not be wondering of millions refuuges are coming.

In Asia there are genocides from buddists against muslims minorities. So is buddism a brutal religion? I think not. Just some brutal buddists, nothing more.

While you give personal opinions on how you see Muslims based on your previous experience, whether that is genuine or made up for personal gain, you imply that apparently all Muslims are like those you described: They are so hurt and traumatized, they have lost their families, and are the most peace-loving people out there. That's not the case.

As you can see from the video, the woman says that while there are a lot of peaceful Muslims, which means they aren't going to slit your throat while you're walking down the street, the violence and justification comes from the religion's holy book. This is the underlying issue with the religion.

I immediately recalled an article concerning "the sharia police" when you said the Muslims you know don't want to tell others how they should live. "The sharia police" instructed citizens in Germany to abide by the strict Muslim code. More crazily and absurdly, the court ruled that what they did was legal. source
Not only that, other places have also seen this happen, such as the UK, Sweden, and Belgium. link Should we tolerate that Muslims who want to have asylum tell us how we, citizens of the West, should live? Of course not. Anyone suggesting otherwise is, according to me, out of their mind and should not live in Europe.

The refugee crisis is one of the serious crises that has hit Europe. Among those who genuinely need help, there are a lot of malicious "refugees" who have infiltrated Europe and will cause problems in terms of terror attacks. These have already happened, as seen in France. They will not stop, as it is very easy to recruit people among the Muslims already there to do terrible acts. We can only thank the European Union and its leader. Simply branding the people who criticize the current system as racists, or asking whether they support the party "AfD," isn't going to help but make the situation worse.

You mention Asia, but why are they doing that? If you are going to say something like that, you should also give some context. Otherwise, that's a pretty empty and one-sided argument.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Ehet - 2017-05-25 12:41

(2017-05-25 12:00)Chuck Wrote:  However, I also disapprove of that experiment, but nowadays, I'm not even allowed to say that anymore without being politically prosecuted. People trying to do that in the media have been silenced, publicly or privately, e.g. by not letting them into the public media anymore.

This.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - GT4tube - 2017-05-25 14:56

Just Earth Things.... -.-

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - GOOMB - 2017-05-25 15:06

Hello, I'm not going to try to make a problem nor do I want people to make a problem towards me because I'm a Muslim. I'm not going to attack any of you in saying that you guys are wrong, why? Because I'm not that knowledgeable with the all the Muslim laws because to me a lot of them is just pure BS in my opinion. I just wanted you to know that the first Muslim held terrorist attack was in the 1970's and Islam has been around since 610 CE.

Also if you can read this I hope that it can take the heat off a little. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omar-alnatour/muslims-are-not-terrorist_b_8718000.html

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Drivere - 2017-05-25 16:06

(2017-05-25 15:06)GOOMB Wrote:  I just wanted you to know that the first Muslim held terrorist attack was in the 1970's and Islam has been around since 610 CE.

Well... I'm sure you do know that bloodily conquering other nations and terrorizing non-believers in the meantime were (or are?) just as bad. Now, I do know of the crusades, so you need not remind me. But the thing is, those days are long gone. But the Jihad goes on. Nor do I think that we should celebrate the fact that there have been 30.881 radical Islamic terror attacks since the 9/11 incident.

As for the op-ed that you provided us, I don't think I learned anything of significance. I looked up some information about the Muslim writer who seems to be overly occupied with defending his religion, and it seems he offered $10K for someone who proves the Quran supports terrorism. Well, that turned out to be easily proven on the Internet.

RE: Is Islam a Religion of Peace? - Owl - 2017-05-25 16:27

Quite funny that no one thinks about other attacks due to religion. I can name one, Christianity - IRA. But everyone focuses on Islam - ISIS. And yet everyone is failing to see what other conflicts are caused by. Can I mention Myanmar?

Also Drivere, your comments and argument are completely based off bullshit read/viewed on the Internet. Therefore I'm having a hard time believing anything you say. Didn't your mummy and daddy tell you not to believe everything you see on the internet?