[TC] Gaming Forums
Illegal parking - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Illegal parking (/showthread.php?tid=26760)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Illegal parking - Chuck - 2017-07-15 15:43

I see there is a little misunderstanding. The term "side-road" actually means unused roads. The rule was written before we had open configs, that means we had one road configuration that created many roads with dead-ends. Usually very short as well. Those were meant by side-roads. Since they don't have any actual traffic, we didn't need any complicated parking laws.
But since we have open configs for quite a long time now, and also many tracks have been re-worked , almost every road has traffic and that rule/law/fine/whatever should be re-worded at some point.

RE: Illegal parking - Barney - 2017-07-15 15:56

Not really a misunderstanding. I'm aware of what you mean, but to me the term sideroads just includes theese kind of "roads" since the open configs. Same applies to for example industrial zones. Although they are no carparks(no stuntzones, so no drifting), but actually drivable areas, i wouldn't fine someone there for illegal parking.

RE: Illegal parking - Razz - 2017-07-15 16:06

The number of crashes that occurred due to some people debating whether or not it is illegal yesterday on the server was ridiculous. I lost a chase because some UF1 was trying to park into a small space between car's yesterday Sad

So yeah, I do see it as illegal parking considering it did causes danger. If there is only 1 or 2 cars sitting there, I guess it doesn't do much, but when there's a row of cars, shuffling about in that small space, causes some problems Tongue

RE: Illegal parking - Huski - 2017-07-15 16:17

In my eyes it ISN'T however I can see why people would think it would (and in my mind) for the following reasons:

1: its not really safe... People go belting it down that road, especially to that area, its also a hotspot for chases too, as well as where cops park in most cases, to these reasons I will explain 1 by 1

1a: cars belting it down: cars towards the end of that road will be hitting over 120kph, it doesn't take a lot to lose concentration at that speed, a tap, nudge or loss of concentration could cause a big crash.

1b: Cops - Cops want to park there, plain and simple.

1c: Chase hotspot - As stated in 1a - speed, in chases cops can pit manuver, causing a bigger crash.

In my mind it is not illegal, but I can see why people think it is.

RE: Illegal parking - Robiii47 - 2017-07-15 16:41

(2017-07-15 16:06)Razz Wrote:  The number of crashes that occurred due to some people debating whether or not it is illegal yesterday on the server was ridiculous. I lost a chase because some UF1 was trying to park into a small space between car's yesterday Sad

So yeah, I do see it as illegal parking considering it did causes danger. If there is only 1 or 2 cars sitting there, I guess it doesn't do much, but when there's a row of cars, shuffling about in that small space, causes some problems Tongue

Just because a UF1 tried to park there, and he crashed you, it doesn't mean that it's dangerous to park there, the people who park there aren't blocking anyone
, even if it's a row of cars in that little parking area

RE: Illegal parking - Razz - 2017-07-15 16:49

(2017-07-15 16:41)Robiii47 Wrote:  
(2017-07-15 16:06)Razz Wrote:  The number of crashes that occurred due to some people debating whether or not it is illegal yesterday on the server was ridiculous. I lost a chase because some UF1 was trying to park into a small space between car's yesterday Sad

Just because a UF1 tried to park there, and he crashed you, it doesn't mean that it's dangerous to park there, the people who park there aren't blocking anyone
, even if it's a row of cars in that little parking area

You may think that, but as a cop, when you have to speed down that big stretch with cars parking or coming out of that little area it's rather annoying. I think it's best if civilian(s) do not park there Smile

RE: Illegal parking - Adam - 2017-07-15 17:15

Why is this a poll? Looks fine to me...

RE: Illegal parking - Russ - 2017-07-15 17:21

I don't see a problem with people parking there. I tend to park at the gas station as people do lose control down that stretch but they can do that at the gas station too, just less likely it'll effect me there due to it being more open.

RE: Illegal parking - Tibe - 2017-07-15 17:51

Imo it's illegal and also is quite a dangerous place to park yourself. Why can't you just turn left to the big parking lot or drive to the gas station?

RE: Illegal parking - Charlie - 2017-07-15 18:00

+1 to what Tibe said, imo this is illegal parking.
~Lose

RE: Illegal parking - Chuck - 2017-07-15 18:03

Welcome to city-driving. There just happen to be other cars.

RE: Illegal parking - Onur - 2017-07-15 19:55

to what Tibe said, imo this is illegal parking. +1+1

RE: Illegal parking - Kyle - 2017-07-15 19:58

There are now parking bays down that bit, presumably legalising it.

RE: Illegal parking - Brixton - 2017-07-15 21:18

Not illegal in my optinion. For a very simple reason: The rules say nothing about parking there.

Quote: Illegal parking (40€ - 80€)
It’s illegal to park:
- On the road, including curbs (except side roads)
- On grass
- On cross-hatched areas (except pits)

Only in fine list is some specific rule for parking. In Rules, COP Guide etc. are only talked about how to fine illegal parking.

On the road means for me: On the driving lanes. The area there is not a normal driving lane. If it is, then its a two lane road. So there is no rule where it is forbitten.

That it is a very busy road is not a argument for illegal parking. I know very busy streets in Berlin, Hamburg, Dresden, Leipzig, Dublin, London etc. where are parking space on the side of the road. You have to be carefull if you turn out there, but its not forbitten.

RE: Illegal parking - dyzio2206 - 2017-07-16 01:26

so recapping..
it is "illegal" because? ok it is dangerous considering the "normality" of the tracks here in lfs and it serves as a coping spot (speedtraps, pitting, +50% of chases go through this road and it is easy to take off or start a chase due to speeding)
it is also more dangerous than the avarage parking due to overtaking and/or speeding miscalculations (iirc last time there was a one-way-only "gate" just to reduce speeding)
it is legal because?
it is not road or kerb by deffinition. and that is just about it.. rule/fine list provides no clear reasoning as to why this is not a legal place to park

suggestion: mark 2 areas one for civilian and one for cop/med/tow so both can stand on road without interfearing.. (also making a track specific rule/clarification would be a nice idea)

would love to see some actual open config stuff from the lfs devs ie allowing more slots for those types of server/config combo... but that is a totaly diffrent story

RE: Illegal parking - zak_mull - 2017-09-09 21:23

Just having a browse through some threads. Abit off topic but kind of on topic because I seen the TC illegal parking finelist. I seen a COP fining a player being afk and fined 300 for illegal parking. How come he managed to charge that much?

RE: Illegal parking - Carl - 2017-09-09 21:27

(2017-09-09 21:23)zak_mull Wrote:  Just having a browse through some threads. Abit off topic but kind of on topic because I seen the TC illegal parking finelist. I seen a COP fining a player being afk and fined 300 for illegal parking. How come he managed to charge that much?

It's impossible to fine 300 for illegal parking, there are only 2 fine options, 40e and 80e.

RE: Illegal parking - BP - 2017-09-09 21:28

(2017-09-09 21:23)zak_mull Wrote:  Just having a browse through some threads. Abit off topic but kind of on topic because I seen the TC illegal parking finelist. I seen a COP fining a player being afk and fined 300 for illegal parking. How come he managed to charge that much?

He probably failed to stop which is a new fine in itself.

RE: Illegal parking - zak_mull - 2017-09-10 15:39

Well I watched a cop pull to side. He said "illegal parking" this player was afk

Next thing i seen "Cop fined player 300" I was thinking to myself thats abit steep

RE: Illegal parking - Thomas - 2017-09-10 17:50

(2017-09-10 15:39)zak_mull Wrote:  Well I watched a cop pull to side. He said "illegal parking" this player was afk

Next thing i seen "Cop fined player 300" I was thinking to myself thats abit steep

Sounds like the cop initated the traffic stop and while doing so the suspect could have been idle kicked and automatically (and incorrectly) fined €300 for failure to stop.

Perhaps that is something that could be looked in to? It is far from all cops that refund the incorrect fine amount.