[TC] Gaming Forums
Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? (/showthread.php?tid=26938)

Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - SIMOX - 2017-08-04 10:31

For me it's kind of disrespectful when a guy hits you and some "Hello/Bye/Sorry/Noproblem" bind pops up. Takes the meaning of saying sorry out of the game. You only have to press one button and you could probably make it automatic as well when collision is detected or something.

When you type it you mean it, when you don't care you bind it.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Adam - 2017-08-04 10:36

I agree with you here, not sure if banning it is the right thing, but, we can't really expect it to be sincere if it is just a single, quick button press.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Engine - 2017-08-04 10:39

I agree with this as well. +1 from me.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Adorable - 2017-08-04 10:59

Just have a bind "Sorry" as if you typed it normally.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Audiojack - 2017-08-04 11:12

Would this prevent me from using my Yes/No/Thanks/No Problem/Sorry/Potato/Smile/Sad bind then Confused1

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - BP - 2017-08-04 11:14

There is kinda too much emphasis on "say sorry" nowadays. Yes, acknowledging fault is important but people should be driving sensibly to minimise crashes anyway.
For me, a sorry bind is fine for minor incidents but if someone has caused a serious crash (in which case they've probably broken a rule anyway), they should at least acknowledge fault properly.

I don't see any benefit stopping people from using a "sorry" bind. If they're causing large crashes or a lot of crashes of any kind, they are breaking the rules and it will catch up to them sooner or later.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Brixton - 2017-08-04 11:20

+0,5 from me.

But dont ban the sorry bind. Cause if you are in chase and hit someone, its the best way to say sorry. Cause nobody break a chase only in cause of say "sorry". That would be more annoying, cause the hitted person wants a sorry and you cant type proper cause you are in chase.

But forbit the "everything in one" bind. Maybe not as a rule or must have, just as recommendation.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Carl - 2017-08-04 11:28

Sorry binds are fine, it's just when people have 6 different responses on one bind like you mentioned, makes no sense to me.

I don't think they would ever be banned, but people should be encourage to not have a single bind they use for everything, just my two cents. Tongue

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - GOOMB - 2017-08-04 11:54

-1 for me. I agree with you that the person does not mean when they type it; but, a lot of times people use it when they are in chases so that they do not crash while trying to type.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Tingle - 2017-08-04 12:11

Terrible suggestion. As a mouse user, it is very rare that I will go out of my way to type an apology immediately, especially when in a chase. However, I will usually follow up on my sorry bind with an apology and explanation once the chase is finished with.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Epilogue - 2017-08-04 12:51

For me,i think the issue is on "Multi responses within one bind" for example like: Sorry/No Problem/My bad, one responses in one bind ain't confusing as the multi responses,since it's not so easy to move out of the way so quick and park the car properly then apologies as a keyboard/mouse driver,not to mention when in a chase,so it's a -1 for me.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - tomliamkins - 2017-08-04 13:23

I usually just use a 'Sorry / No problem / Thanks' bind for minor crashes or when I'm in a chase, but if I cause an avoidable crash I'll type it instead.

Also, people would just create a bind that says just 'sorry'.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Sebas - 2017-08-04 13:34

As mentionned by multiple people already, I think the problem lies within the binds that looks like this one:

Yes/No/Sorry/No Problem/My Bad/Thanks/Potato

Even if I find them funny at times, they can clog the chat quite easily since they take up so much screen estate for no reason. I think people that use them should rewrite them to a more simpler I'm sorry for that bind that would be more appropriate.

I'm not against binds, they're useful in a chase situation. Don't ban them.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Renegade - 2017-08-04 15:45

Just agreeing with everyone else here really, the binds with about 7 possible meanings are pointless, I've even seen a yes/no bind... As a VR user, I cannot stop to type if I'm in a chase because I cannot even see my keyboard, and I do use my sorry bind. However, if I'm just cruising about, I will type it wherever possible. Banning binds is a bit far fetched, however you could ask the other user to show some respect and apologise properly.

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Audiojack - 2017-08-04 16:34

(2017-08-04 15:45)Renegade Wrote:  I've even seen a yes/no bind...

That's a pretty obvious joke though, isn't it. W00t

RE: Ban "Sorry" Key binds? - Renegade - 2017-08-04 16:41

(2017-08-04 16:34)Audiojack Wrote:  
(2017-08-04 15:45)Renegade Wrote:  I've even seen a yes/no bind...

That's a pretty obvious joke though, isn't it. W00t

I thought the same, but you can never be sure ahaha