[TC] Gaming Forums
Reduce time to be busted for laggers - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Reduce time to be busted for laggers (/showthread.php?tid=27064)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Reduce time to be busted for laggers - Zoltri - 2017-08-18 07:42

In the first place don't chase someone with High Ping to avoid frustration when chasing.

RE: Reduce time to be busted for laggers - Tingle - 2017-08-18 08:39

(2017-08-18 04:09)Ghutra Wrote:  
(2017-08-17 08:31)Tingle Wrote:  As for the country breakdown, if you had used your eyes as much as you have used your hands to type your post, you would have seen it's just for insight and to show how divided countries were on the matter.

1) Again, whats the point of showing how a voting has been going on different countries? Who cares if in GB the voting was even, or in NZ 100% voted yes?. It only cares if you voted YES or NO, not from where you voted. Does it make it more important because x voted from GB than PL?. This isn't a presidential election to even try to make the breakdown.

Quote:however, for the majority of them, their opinion isn't as important when you have some with 0 hours copping experience. Take yourself for example, 0 hours copping and 0 cop XP.
2) Again, just because you don't cop doesn't mean your opinions are irrelevant, correct or wrong, they are still opinions and have the same value.
Wanna know why I won't cop? Because of my PING (240-270ms). If it wasn't because of that I'd had applied for cop long time ago. I have TOW/MED-RES license yet I almost never go on-duty because the winch is the only tool I have because of my ping. I see it coming that people will cry because of my ping, more than cops do now.

Quote:It would be ridiculous to insinuate incorporating cop stats from other servers would improve the analysis.
Idk where you got that from coz' I never said that incorporating stats from other servers would make a difference. Small factor? true.

Quote:You haven't made any mention of the fact that 'no' voters were significantly further away from the server either, init? Is this not relevant or have you purposely decided to not mention it in your post?
3) Well, unless you want me to re-write the Old Testament into the New Testament, I'd of had mentioned it.
Still, its common sense that high ping users are trouble for both cops and suspects. Ye, most of these voters won't have the amount of hs and XP you have copping, but its up to them if they want to cop or not. You are free to choose if you want to be a robber or a cop, or both, or a rescue. Idk, maybe I'm the only one who voted 'no' discussing it deeply. Also, those who voted 'no' have more average miles than those who voted 'yes'. Weird, as 'yes' should of have more mileage than 'no'.....
Its not demanded to become a cop nor an obligation.

4) I see you didn't make a mention on the part where I explained you that high ping users have the ping against them, contrair to what you think, have you? Is this not relevant or have you purposely decided to not mention it?.

Quote:Perhaps it is due to some sort of language barrier
5) I don't see where the language barrier issue even has a part on this discussion.

In the end it's a cruise server, not a server to showoff how big your trunk is.

1) Insight. If you do not understand what this means, which I suspect you don't, please translate it into your mother tongue to prevent further confusion.

2) Wrong. They don't have the same value, as already explained to you. You also admit that an unstable ping will lead to people crying, this wouldn't happen if there wasn't an imbalance would it?

3) I am struggling to understand you and what I can understand still doesn't address my point. Why would people voting to have this implemented be further away from the server than those who voted no? Have you even interpreted the statistic correctly?

4) This isn't true in general.

5) There is because you're not understanding very basic things. For example, you completely misinterpreted the statistic referred to in 3).

(2017-08-18 06:04)Adorable Wrote:  there is only 1 person capable/care to make these changes, I suggest sending him a private message explaining to him the current "situation". He is the only one that has the power to attempt to balance this (if necessary).

True but it isn't as though we are discussing this in a part of the forum they're not able to see. If the upper echelons of [TC] do not want to voice their opinion we can't force them to. I am sure many of them have viewed the thread and have seen there is an option to vote, let alone give an open ended response.

RE: Reduce time to be busted for laggers - BP - 2017-08-18 08:44

Tingle (and maybe others), please calm down a bit. Whilst you're not blatantly throwing out insults, your tone is still quite unpleasant and unnecessarily patronising. Try and keep the discussion civil.

This post doesn't require a response, but if you wish to do so, please PM me.