[TC] Gaming Forums
Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) (/showthread.php?tid=27141)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-09-25 02:30

@Thomas Thanks for the suggestion! I had been throughly thinking through last night.

Thing is, I wish to leave that flyover as user friendly as possible. Similar to Adam's suggestion - I don't wish to spoonfeed just to stop a few people from doing (insert bad thing here).

Adding a .25 ramp will cause more issues, namely people complaining of suspension/damage/uncomfort; and then I'll have to deal with those again.

It's easier to educate and warn rather than complicate others by adding an obstruction, sort to speak.

If there were to be anti ww humps on all 4 off-ramps, would the driving experience turn sour? It's just my say, when I return in Oct I'll see what I can do.

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - Ghutra - 2017-09-25 03:53

(2017-09-25 02:30)AOR Nova Wrote:  Thing is, I wish to leave that flyover as user friendly as possible. Similar to Adam's suggestion - I don't wish to spoonfeed just to stop a few people from doing (insert bad thing here).

Adding a .25 ramp will cause more issues, namely people complaining of suspension/damage/uncomfort; and then I'll have to deal with those again.

It's easier to educate and warn rather than complicate others by adding an obstruction, sort to speak.

If there were to be anti ww humps on all 4 off-ramps, would the driving experience turn sour? It's just my say, when I return in Oct I'll see what I can do.

Well, wouldn't these ramps be useless? I mean, you can easily make a really high susp set and you can pass them like they didn't exist unless they are too high and passing them the right way destroy le susp, or ppl end up flying in the air.

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-09-25 06:19

Exactly my point, Ghutra Smile

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-11-05 13:37

Post-Release Update
Patch 1.0

This thread will now serve as a log for any further minor tweaks following the release.
If you have any more suggestions, do pop them in - however, I'll most likely be toning down on layoutting for the days to come, both due to college as well as respect for the boys who keep TC moving as it is right now Smile

This is the only update for this patch.

> Pitlane / Highway 1 Bridge

[Image: 0d21db1faee4044a50a85751a1d3ba12.jpg]

The congested clankey bridge has been worked on and moved further up the pitlane to allow for better ease of access. The pitlane exit is now a full two-lane, and passing by shouldn't be a touch and go.

[Image: 1b97628636b0f24875228e448ccbb05f.png]

The on-ramp is a tad less steep, slightly easier to climb. Being a straight ramp, you don't have to squeeze between the walls to get onto it anymore!

[Image: 75df28c37c7e6bbb36ab2fd73449e4fa.png]

The effect of having a gentler down-slope and merge is that the highway lanes are now more spacious, and merging traffic from the down ramp will allow the traffic to merge at a more safe speed.

Hope this is beneficial, and thank you everyone for your support. Have a great week, all!

Cheers

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - Titan - 2017-11-05 14:29

nice work It's not easy to do that!
your layout is for cruising and money farm very good, but for chase and race much too tight built everything. the old layout of tc does not have that many objects.
I think the layout of tc should stay,
It also has too many objects but they are better for persecution.

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-11-05 17:22

(2017-11-05 14:29)Titan Wrote:  nice work It's not easy to do that!
your layout is for cruising and money farm very good, but for chase and race much too tight built everything. the old layout of tc does not have that many objects.
I think the layout of tc should stay,
It also has too many objects but they are better for persecution.

If I heard you right (Google translate loves english alot Tongue ), thank you! Wasn't easy finding another location for the entry of thr bridge that was not too congested as before.

Yes, the layout was more focused on the Junction and Station Boulvard to be frank, and the rest just came in as feedback and evaluated then. I tried my best to widen areas as much as I could, as the issue with Sydney was always the space. Places like High Street and Station Bvld are now much wider than they used to be.

The junction is a little tight than I would have liked it to be, but working with constraints to the LFS track I'd say it turned out well. Less clonky than the roundabout used to be, and at least now chases can flow past the highway underneath - if they choose to do so!

Object wise, it's there or there about, never used more than what the layout was before. Of course, feedback is greatly appreciated and if there's something that needs tweaking I'll definitely attend to it!

Cheers and thanks Titan!

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - TAZxx - 2017-11-07 04:04

Just a note that might be worth mentioning to Chuck;

That new u-turn bridge from pitlane takes you out of the "Chase Area" as a cop, it's not a Major issue as you're only there shortly, however it might be work getting it fixed..

As always Nova, you've done really good work on this layout, Thanks for making Sydney a little better to drive Smile

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-12-16 15:54

Post-Release Update
Patch 1.1

Thank you all for your feedback so far, it has been crucial to pinpoint edits to be done for the cruising comfort.
Once again as I'd like to reiterate from the previous post, I will not be pushing updates or layouts as frequently now. These patches are merely patches, suggestions, even. I do not wish to take the jobs away from your TC admins who work hard as well.
Unless the area is in need of updating (i.e cars getting stuck, a bad wall, accident prone), I will not attend to it.

A few tweaks and smoothening out of certain areas have been done for this patch. Mainly the width of Archway lanes, the flyover off-ramp walls, and the Rescue Station exit.

> Flyover Off-ramp to Highway 1 (Thank you Huskii!)

[Image: b239845c96b814dc475eff16cd503783.jpg]

The walls have been refined and smoothened to allow cars to pass easier, removing a bottleneck area.

> Medora Bend -> Highway 1

[Image: b1776ea88678b6cda4641b6e92791981.jpg]

The inner walls on the left, which used to jut out at an awkward angle, have now been pushed inward to prevent cars from swiping the rear against them when at speed.
As well, in doing so, exposes the "PITS" sign which should correspond to the slip way exit to pitlane.

> Archway (Thank you Foloride!)

[Image: 10dadc6a0a114173667e2600adf81af7.jpg]
[Image: 84b92b434771231f201a3824bc2edb5e.jpg]

The huge rectangular concrete slab in the middle (no idea why I left it there lol) has been redacted and now Archway is much wider and car friendly. Along with overall widening, a Manzer Wedge design at the end of each road allows for a earlier split in the road markings to ease traffic.
Two bypass lanes in the center divider should suffice in easing jams in case of a tow, chase or stuck car; which shouldn't happen given the wider lanes now!
At the bottom of the picture - yes, the right-angled kerb has been smoothened as well.

As for the Archway, it has been given a facelift and remodelled as a walk bridge, which lifts the entire place up a little. A fancy update, however, if it's too much of a change, the original Archway roofing can be put back, no issue. Not my call to make on the Archway design either Smile

> High Street (Rescue Station Exit)

[Image: 509cd749b59a58b1506574f60d477a52.jpg]

I have decided to keep the soft cheveron divider and lane merge, instead of implementing a solid wall - chases can flow through easier without them.

The lane divider has been made more pronounced, to hopefully reduce t-bones and urge traffic to keep right.

This version of the post-release patch will be passed on to Pete and BP for internal forwarding and review.

Cheers!

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-12-18 06:32

SMALL UPDATE
Patch 1.1.1

This is to address the flyover issues [TC-R] Adam has gladly made aware, along with Archway space. This patch is linked to PATCH 1.1.

> Flyover (All 4 On-ramps)

[Image: fdc3d8d65b3fc11a86a130d8ffac713d.png]

I have somehow found space to smoothen the ramp entry on all four ramps. Slope is as gradual as I can physically make it, 0.25 studs of increment per node. No more bump on the entry and exits of slops. Bumpiness should now be a thing of the past.
Together with the smoother walls on the off-ramp to Highway 1 (brought up by Huskii) I think flyover should be much more enjoyable now!

> Archway

[Image: c6b7f58e970d85eb7cb8e5859ea75a91.jpg]

I have further smoothened the right hand kerb and completely removed the kinks. Along with that, Archway can now fit at least 2 cars each side, which it wasn't able to before. Jams should not occur now Smile

Hope this helps!
Thank you all.

Take care,
AOR Nova

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Sydney TC ver) - Raphi - 2017-12-18 10:10

Nice updates Nova.