[TC] Gaming Forums
Qestion: Jump and Stunt in Chase - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Qestion: Jump and Stunt in Chase (/showthread.php?tid=27212)

Qestion: Jump and Stunt in Chase - Brixton - 2017-08-25 19:00

Some mounths ago I read in forum, that jumping about a fence (for example in west hill) isn´t allowed.

Later I complain about a User who do this whil I was chasing him. [TC] Admins on server tell me, that it is allowed after a long discussion in forum.

It´s far away, so don´t ask me for names pls. I dont remember them.

Today I had a nice chase with some others. I was the suspect. I won it, cause I drive up a hill, hit a tree and jump that way over a fence. Yeah, was complete well planned from me Rolleyes

http://www.rsm-hosting.de/lfs/questionjump.mpr
Starts at 1:01:25

So far so funny. But then Urbanus tells me, that it is illegal but he was not sure. And I was not sure either. So please tell me for a last and final time: Is it allowed or not? (Nobody was realy mad about it cause the chase was fun, but I will know).

RE: Qestion: Jump and Stunt in Chase - BP - 2017-08-25 19:01

This is actually some sort of grey area in the rules, and it's a problem that has been identified quite a long time ago, but the rule-amendment is yet to be done.

This discussion comes up pretty much every time Weston Park comes on, so we'll try and push for a solution within the very near future.

RE: Qestion: Jump and Stunt in Chase - Barney - 2017-08-25 20:49

As per now, theres no rule forbidding that, as long as you don't jump oob. People keep referring to 3.11, but this is clearly about stuntEVENTS, to keep chases away from funevents(chucks temporary playgrounds), ramfestivals, king of the hill and so on. It is simply wrong to say a single jump(which suspects take at their own risk) is anything close to participating in an (stunt- or similar) event.

People hear others referring to 3.11 and just repeat that... its just wrong and it was never forbidden to do jumps when not endangering anyone(like the ky autobahn jump to infield)

Edit: if you take 1.12 very very serious, and consider a jump as a "stunt", then it would not be allowed, but that has nothing to do with chases. Seeing people(and admins) jump around everywhere i highly doubt people even think of that. Its just a misinterpretation of 3.11 that make cops complain about those moves.