[TC] Gaming Forums
Can't play on TC server... - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Can't play on TC server... (/showthread.php?tid=27325)

Can't play on TC server... - Tomiy - 2017-09-05 21:55

Hello,
I try to join on TC 1 and I got frezzed ping around 500 and after 15s I get disconnected...anyone have some idea?

BTW.- I play ETS,ATS and every other multiplayer game wihout any trouble...

https://imgur.com/a/ZqJZs

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Kyle - 2017-09-05 21:59

(2014-08-02 05:39)Chuck Wrote:  Other way around. That message is just the symptom, but the actual cause is that you're lagging out of the server.

There is no official explanation on this matter but from what I've heard over the years, when lfs saves the replay to disk, it saves the remote data and the local data in a chronological stream. If the remote stream fails to work (lag or other networking issues), it can't combine both streams any more.
Since there is always some delay over network, there exists some little buffer, that's what I think, is the so called "stash space". So the local data waits in that stash space until the matching data over network has arrived (with matching timestamp or whatever).
However, you can see, if the network gets worse, more and more local data gets into the buffer, waiting for it's remote counterpart. But at some point, the buffer is full, and the whole system collapses.

It's to do with your connection. Where are you playing from?

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Tomiy - 2017-09-05 22:07

So what I can do about that? Croatia

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Frozen - 2017-09-05 22:31

This has been mentioned in the past aswell:

Please check:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=13394

RE: Can't play on TC server... - dyzio2206 - 2017-09-06 00:07

when encountering connectivity problems always do a modem/router reboot and a pc reboot before posting.. in most cases it is one of too that is the prob..(rebooting cleans rooting/nat tables especialy after using P2P stuff like torrent ) try it out,

500ping means something is slowing your connection.. any other heavy users on your local network?(someone downloading files/streaming hd content in house/software updating on background? [ie steam]) any known maintenance works on your isp that could cause traffic reroute(usualy they have some kind of notice for customers on webpage)
iptv might have priority over pc traffic consider that too..

i dont know your config i am just tossing ideas trying to help

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Kyle - 2017-09-06 09:47

I agree with Dyzio here. Close anything which might slow you down and do a reboot of your router if all else fails. I have seen a few Croatians on the server so I don't see how you couldn't connect Sad

Don't know if it'll help, but free up disk space/don't record replays (if you can really help it)?

RE: Can't play on TC server... - A c e - 2017-09-06 12:30

Im from Croatia also and country doesnt have to do with it. I also had that problem, all i did was changed UCP to TCP in connection list and issue was fixed.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=25740&pid=239217#pid239217

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Sky - 2017-09-06 13:59

Astro the problems fixer Biggrin

RE: Can't play on TC server... - dyzio2206 - 2017-09-06 15:03

It all depends on your connection.. Ie fast path and interleaved have about 10 to 20ms actual difference because of how data is transmitted
UDP doesn't need acknowledgment for packets sent and usually it is faster/preferred for gaming
TCP is acknowledging each packet and although it is more stable connection(no disappearing cars due to lag) it still adds something due to excess be required for acknowledge packets

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Tomiy - 2017-09-10 17:01

Astro,
can u explain me that changing in pm please?

Sometimes I can connect on server i got little lag's 10-15sec and then i got normal 60-80ping but 70% of time I can't connect...still not fixed

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Kyle - 2017-09-10 17:47

When you click "GO" on LFS, press CTRL + T shortly after and it'll say "Requested TCP for position updates". That should fix it Smile

You can also click "UDP" on the connection list (N key) to switch it. I'll say "UDP" when you do.

If you also load the tracks on startup, it might be faster as you don't have to wait for the track to load and lose connection maybe?

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Chuck - 2017-09-10 18:25

You can spin it around as you want but a poor network connection won't magically fix by hitting a button.

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Marty - 2017-09-10 18:35

(2017-09-10 18:25)Chuck Wrote:  You can spin it around as you want but a poor network connection won't magically fix by hitting a button.

I dont think my network is poor (13 mbps down, 9 mbps up ping 30-60 ms), but I experience these issues as well.

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Chuck - 2017-09-10 19:38

(2017-09-10 18:35)Marty Wrote:  
(2017-09-10 18:25)Chuck Wrote:  You can spin it around as you want but a poor network connection won't magically fix by hitting a button.

I dont think my network is poor (13 mbps down, 9 mbps up ping 30-60 ms), but I experience these issues as well.

But that's just its nominal quality, not guaranteed to be available all the time. And even if your internet line is at its best quality, its still very often that other factors negatively affect it, for example other consumers (e.g. game or Windows updates) or a poor in-house connection (e.g. wifi / powerline). Your PC's general performance it certainly also a factor. Especially WiFi is poison for gaming.

RE: Can't play on TC server... - Tomiy - 2017-09-12 22:01

Update....

atm ping went on 0 and won't move... still can't fix...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6618843197

RE: Can't play on TC server... - dyzio2206 - 2017-09-12 22:29

a 28 ping on your region is reasonable.. now try on a UK based server
oh.. just a note.. you cant get zero ping even if you ping the localhost (127.0.0.1) on your pc..