[TC] Gaming Forums
Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) (/showthread.php?tid=27428)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Razz - 2017-10-30 13:42

I really like that Industry Lane Traffic light junction. A bit more space to pass cars whilst in chase if the lights are red. Great job!

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Huski - 2017-10-30 16:32

(2017-10-30 09:32)Brixton Wrote:  Something I´ve think about:

The Off-Road Area on Racetrack is not classified as race area. But you also can´t reach it in chase, cause you have to cross the Raceway.

Maybe some Layouter have a good Idea (and TC like it) to build a nice bridge to it and connect these three offroad areas.

I'd want to know if the insim would allow it, if people head over it when it connects onto track would it clip into a required race license area? I think Chuck would need imput here to validate if its possible

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Ghutra - 2017-10-31 03:11

But isn't a bridge for that kinda useless? Remember there is an object limit, so a good amount of objects would be removed to add such a long bridge across the track, and a range of free objects is needed to be freed for roadblocks and ramps of MEDs, plus there will be the need to have 2 bridges, or have 1 and a ramp to go across these areas.

Plus that should be considered a race area, since the lap gets invalidated either way and the only way to get there is by entering the track itself. So those who don't have a race license its useless to go there, and both the bridge and that part of the track isn't that much of a thing for the track tbh. It will be used a few times and it will be abandoned.

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-10-31 09:35

Thing is, the layout was before race license, and it was maximised to something like 2060 parts, which includes all the knick-knacks used on the old layout which included the city extension on the track itself. When TC removes those parts on the track, there should be more than enough to make a bridge of sorts. Thing is, I'm more concerned about the path within the track, and whether insim will detect the crossover as an intrusion to the track path.

(2017-10-31 03:11)Ghutra Wrote:  But isn't a bridge for that kinda useless? Remember there is an object limit, so a good amount of objects would be removed to add such a long bridge across the track, and a range of free objects is needed to be freed for roadblocks and ramps of MEDs, plus there will be the need to have 2 bridges, or have 1 and a ramp to go across these areas.

Plus that should be considered a race area, since the lap gets invalidated either way and the only way to get there is by entering the track itself. So those who don't have a race license its useless to go there, and both the bridge and that part of the track isn't that much of a thing for the track tbh. It will be used a few times and it will be abandoned.

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-11-02 14:09

Update Ver 1.5

Note : Track has now been removed of the 'road' parts.

Several changes have been made based on feedback and general driveability problems found in current Blackwood. Please be reminded this is a update from the version of Beta 1.4 which can be found at Page 1.

All changes in this version have been for you - the community. All are practical and nothing fancy-pancy.
Thank you for all your feedback and support!

> Forest Hill -> Richmond Hill -> Rally

[Image: 600f0888f69140825096f26a84e06158.jpg]

The only other place where wrong waying and crashes happen regularly. Thought has been put into making this 2-lane area wider on both sides, and thankfully it has turned out well! The lanes have been widened and barriers pushed further 'out' to reduce slamming into them. In chases, cops can cut through the cone and cheverons if needed and continue unimpeded! Smile

> King of the Hill

[Image: 41bf653d707325838390461068b4d8f4.png]

A second platform has been installed to spice things up a little. Let the games begin!

> Paddock -> Pitlane

[Image: fc5076d62786068c80371348903b8308.jpg]

A more gate-like entry has been created, and salom walls erected (not for no reason) to slow down cars entering the pitlane. Neat!

> Main-straight Pit Area

[Image: 8cd073034c0847674fb26154e4b965c3.jpg]

A more formal and safer pit area has been introduced.

> Penultimate corner Pit Area

[Image: 7205036d6bc86734fd701a077e9058a7.jpg]

The pit boxes have been moved to the side of the wall, instead of the open area on the left side! This prevents any potential crashes when someone fails to pull up in time (which we've seen so far on the current design, not pleasant lol)

> Turn 2-3 Pit Area

[Image: eb1777710d4091cca1035e20efd7cdf5.jpg]

Just like the main straight pit area, the Turn 2 pit area has been formalised, and widened slightly (and safely cordoned off, to protect pitters).

I hope you all will enjoy the updates done, and I hope to see this layout in trial soon! Once again, thank you everyone for your support, constructive feedback and remarks that help me change stuff I normally wouldn't notice!

Cheers!

This Ver 1.5 will be given to BP and others to forward.
/
(@Ghutra sadly the bridge-to-rallyx area isn't really feasible, it would be too distracting and besides overlapping the trackpath, you may run the risk of somehow falling off onto the racetrack.)

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Russ - 2017-11-02 15:58

Quite like the changes, looks good Smile

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Babydoodles - 2017-11-02 19:36

Brilliant job my friend, can't wait to play it on TC Smile

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - A c e - 2017-11-02 19:58

+3 for ver 1.5

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Brixton - 2017-11-02 20:09

(2017-11-02 14:09)AOR Nova Wrote:  (@Ghutra sadly the bridge-to-rallyx area isn't really feasible, it would be too distracting and besides overlapping the trackpath, you may run the risk of somehow falling off onto the racetrack.)

Build a tunnel. Smile

But nice work. Espeacaly the exit/entrance of the Rallyestage looks ways better then now. Thumbup

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Alex. - 2017-11-03 07:04

I like it ver 1.5 especially "Forest Hill -> Richmond Hill -> Rally" looks much easier to entry and exit from before good job Nova.

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2017-11-03 10:02

Sub-Update Ver 1.5.1

Major thanks to those who came back to me about the Industry Lane junction and how it can be possibly improved. I had a plan pop up in the train and I rushed back to plonk it down as soon as I could.

> Industry Lane Junction

[Image: 2e7d4d7ea7e65fc9ae04b0248bb65094.jpg]

This edit to the IL Junction is to increase the functionality and of course, ease traffic flow in what was a very tight and congested area.
The road had potential to be much wider, and I've just made that happen, by just shifting a few lil' stuff here and there. It's now a dual-lane, with a seperated right-turn lane and a dedicated pass-through. Of course, once you pass the lights it's a single lane again (hence the elevated cheverons). This is to filter traffic back to single lane.
And also because the right turn lane is only a right turn lane, thus any spaz who decides to use the right-turn lane will meet a ghastly demise!
For chases as well, dual lanes mean a lot, as people will be able pass through easier! And of course, proper right turn laneboxes to reduce any t-bone accidents.

Once again, thank you for all your constant support and I really hope to see my work be on show the next time we visit the containers Smile

Ver 1.5.1 will be forwarded to BP for internal discussion along with Ver 1.5

Cheers!

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - AOR Nova - 2018-03-05 02:03

Any update to this, BP? Smile (or anyone else, really Tongue )

RE: Nova's really good circuit layouts (Blackwood TC ver) - Adorable - 2018-03-05 18:13

https://i.gyazo.com/2e7d4d7ea7e65fc9ae04b0248bb65094.jpg

You're wasting space there, I'm not with setting up those barriers in the middle of the road.