[TC] Gaming Forums
Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES (/showthread.php?tid=27550)

Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Gen15Lien - 2017-10-05 13:25

The Med/Res skin rules are very poorly worded and can be interpreted in various ways.

Rules Wrote:Med/Res must use a skin that easily identifies the car as a Medical/Ambulance or Fire & Rescue vehicle.
Manual Wrote:You can easily download one by going on our website - or by clicking here. If you decide to make your own skin, please do ensure that they comply with [TC]'s tow skin regulations which can be found in the rules. In doubt, you can post your skin in the forum and ask for approval. Link to approval thread.

Specifically, the rules state that the skin must easily and immediately identify the vehicle as a Medical/Ambulance vehicle or Fire and Rescue vehicle. Nowhere does the rule state clearly that Medical/Ambulance tag[MED] must use a Medical/Ambulance labeled skin, nor does the rule state clearly that Fire and Rescue tag[RES] must use a Fire and Rescue skin. It only very clearly to me and several others that there is a choice to use either type of skin for either tag.

I'm suggesting that the rule be clarified to state that the [MED] tag can only use Medical/Ambulance related skins and that the [RES] tag can only use Fire and Rescue related skins. If not, then separate the licenses as that is what [TC] seems to imply when discussing this in the City-Driving servers.

Edit: One quick fix to this would be to just add "respectively" to the end of the rule.

TL;DR: Rules unclear, rule makers fail to understand that. Thread over.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Huski - 2017-10-05 13:31

MEDical and REScue.
Would you call the fire brigade if you're leg is hanging off because of a stabbing? And would you call an ambulance if your house is burning to cinders? No and No.

The reason I put MEDical and REScue is because its quite easily viewable if you look at it.
MEDical = Ambulance
REScue = Fire engine

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Gen15Lien - 2017-10-05 13:48

In what way is an ambulance not a rescue vehicle? What fire engine isn't medically trained?

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Huski - 2017-10-05 13:53

REScue is a fire engine, you'd (if you were stuck up a tree or stuck somewhere not too difficult) call a FIRE ENGINE (RES) as they'd have a LADDER.

An AMBULANCE (MED) does NOT have a LADDER.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Ras - 2017-10-05 14:01

I would of thought it was common sense tbh.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - TAZxx - 2017-10-05 14:30

As Above,

If you need medical attention you do not ring for the fire brigade, so why would an Ambulance technician drive a Fire Engine without their life saving equipment.

I will also counter "what fire engine isn't medically trained?" With a question, what Ambulance Technician is trained to fight fires?

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Gen15Lien - 2017-10-05 14:45

Why are they licensed the same if they are treated differently? Common sense dictates that they should be separated.

Let me clarify. The rule stated regarding this matter does not give an accurate representation of the offense. With the way the rule is currently written, it appears as you have a choice to which skin type you choose for Med/Res. That is the issue I have here.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Huski - 2017-10-05 14:49

Why dwell so hard over it though? Its VERY SIMPLE
[RES] Uses a fire engine skin
[MED] Uses an ambulance skin

You also said about "what fire engine isn't medically trained?"
First aid trained YES. However a EMT is a LOT MORE medically trained, and will have the equipment necessary to deal with casualties in an accident.

TL;DR
If you're a MED use an ambulance skin
If you're a RES use an fire engine skin.

You had a chat with Shino about this. It really is not hard to understand this rule it takes the slightest iota of common sense.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Shino - 2017-10-05 15:10

This really is a pointless thread, med/res have been the same for as long as I can remember. As Ras has already said it is just common sense, I explained this to you in the server at the time if you would like to play as a [MED] then you must use a med skin, if you want to play as [RES] use a rescue/fire skin. I'm really failing to see anything that implies something other than that, its pretty straight forward mate.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Gen15Lien - 2017-10-05 15:27

If you all really fail to understand how the rule does not imply that each tag has its' own skin type, then I guess I can't help that. All I wanted was the rule to be clear about this, but apparently rules that aren't clear are common sense. *pulls hair*

Dropped.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Adorable - 2017-10-05 15:46

Do skins really matter?

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Chuck - 2017-10-05 16:38

The point is the role-play. Both roles are technically equal but they're still logically different roles. If you decide for one role, you have to take all the role stands for.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Tingle - 2017-10-05 22:05

There's a word to sum up the OP and that word is:

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - dyzio2206 - 2017-10-06 01:23

geez.. it is just a line.. it will avoid the "why-because" in server...(in case of cross matching [MED] tags with fire skins) it is a good practice to overclarify some things to avoid future arguments..

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - Ghutra - 2017-10-06 01:59

Its a mistake to pretend everyone will understand simple rules. Sounds a bit tough, but its real, like teaching someone how to shoot a gun. If a gun trainer thinks everyone will have common sense like not aiming a gun at somebody or to have the finger off the trigger if he ain't gonna shoot, then he can't be a trainer. Even the redundancy of redundancies and the dumbest of dumbest things have to be told, both to who doesn't know and those who know.

But at the same time, if your tag says MED by logic you are a Medic, therefor you use a medic/ambulance skin. And if you are a RES by logic you are a Rescue/Firefighter, therefor you use a rescue/fire skin. Its amazing that some people fail to understand something really simple, its like they didn't know whats the answer of 1+1...

(2017-10-06 01:23)dyzio2206 Wrote:  geez.. it is just a line.. it will avoid the "why-because" in server...(in case of cross matching [MED] tags with fire skins) it is a good practice to overclarify some things to avoid future arguments..
If an admin/mod/user is telling you to change your skin because it doesn't match the tag you have on, then what do you do? You change it.

Obviously people who ask "why?" never even bothered to read rules, otherwise you wouldn't be askin "why?".

*TL;DR: Even if rules seem clear, they need to be more specific.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - MousemanLV - 2017-10-06 11:30

I do to some extent believe that some of the statements on TC (including questions in the COP test) are somewhat not written properly. Rules are rules, they should be written out clearly, otherwise there will be ways to abuse them.

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - AOR Nova - 2017-10-06 17:51

(2017-10-06 11:30)MousemanLV Wrote:  I do to some extent believe that some of the statements on TC (including questions in the COP test) are somewhat not written properly. Rules are rules, they should be written out clearly, otherwise there will be ways to abuse them.

+1, during my Cop test, there were indeed a few questions that were phrased weirdly, and thus were a little confusing to actually understand what the question was saying. I highlighted this to admin (withdrawn), and he said it was understandable to a large extent to a averagely educated person with a okay grasp of english.
Right, yes. 70% well-worded questions will go down fine with people equally 70% well-versed in English. Problem is, when someone like (me), who has a extremely good knowledge of England, reads the questions, their phrasing results in a totally different meaning - thus a totally different answer.

Same with the MED/RES, same with all rules in general. There is literally 0 harm in adding a few words and making those rules more clear. Making something easier to understand shouldn't be an issue, at all. And in return, there will be much less skin approvals to run through, because those skinners would have hopefully understood what MED/RES and Ambulance/Fire Engine skins relate to each other.
Have to agree with OP on this one.

Just my two cents

Cheers

RE: Clarification of Skin Rules for MED/RES - BP - 2017-10-06 18:01

For the sake of adding/changing a few words, might as well do this.
As for people saying the tests / questions / answers are unclear, please give specific examples in PM and we can look into it. Otherwise it's a potential needle in a haystack.