[TC] Gaming Forums
Trackday and other features - Discussion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Trackday and other features - Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=27556)

Trackday and other features - Discussion - Nathan - 2017-10-06 12:06

Use this topic to discuss the latest update to the servers,

Thanks again to Chuck and the rest of the team for their hard efforts.

You can read about the latest update here:
Trackday Update

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Borja - 2017-10-06 13:12

I think that it's a good idea, but wont allow to buy those GTRs just for keep the economy. If you want to drive a GTR, then rent it. But this is an important thing, I think that the main idea it's very good.

It's the InSim going to have something for times on each lap, like a Ranking or something that helps you to do some crono, or to create a race?
----> I mean, something that when 2 o 3 racers are on track a comand (ie: !trackrace 3 laps username username username) and then all of them reapear on the line and lights work for it.

I like the idea, good work!

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Cam - 2017-10-06 13:46

It'll be interesting to see the prices of the cars for when they become available to buy.

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - fWANKy - 2017-10-06 14:15

i think with the money people have these days that 10k for the license isnt really that much

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Pete - 2017-10-06 14:36

To clarify. You won't be able to drive the race cars on the normal roads, only on the track.

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Brixton - 2017-10-06 15:04

I buy License and already drive ~80 km. Hugh fun. Thank you.

I also be such a noob (Chuck said) I fail at the only thing he dont change at the track. Biggrin

But 2 Thinks. One thougt, one Question:

Even TOW/MED/RES need a Racing license to enter the track. Is it possible to allow MED/RES to enter the track without license. I was stuck on it and only MED/TOW without money are on the track. So Chuck have to bring me out by editing out a barrier.

Not TOW, cause they havenĀ“t to follow the rules in the same way like MED/RES.

And the Question:
Is it allowed to play as TOW in a GTR Car on Race Track?

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Thomas - 2017-10-06 16:24

It's a great addition to the Weston map! Good job.

A few things I would love to see added in the future:
- Flags:
A yellow flag to indicate a crashed car ahead (like the current caution).
A blue flag to slow cars being passed by much faster cars ie. TBO's vs the single seaters).

- Timed laps

- A speedtrap at the end of the straight like the ones in Formula 1

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Owl - 2017-10-07 08:55

Perhaps we could make the TOW license a TOW/Safety Car license? And have a separate safety car skin for the track?

If LFS manage to incorporate the light bar, this will be awesome!

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Adam - 2017-10-07 16:53

(2017-10-07 08:55)Owl Wrote:  Perhaps we could make the TOW license a TOW/Safety Car license? And have a separate safety car skin for the track?

A Safety Car's job isn't to tow cars, it is to lead the cars around an incident, so i don't see it like that but this could be a fun addition. Say if someone had flipped over on the track and a TOW was called, then a safety car is called out the pits. If people ignore the safety car and drive right past it they get their license revoked as it is unsafe driving. Could work like the !follow command.

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Owl - 2017-10-07 17:54

(2017-10-07 16:53)AdamB Wrote:  
(2017-10-07 08:55)Owl Wrote:  Perhaps we could make the TOW license a TOW/Safety Car license? And have a separate safety car skin for the track?

A Safety Car's job isn't to tow cars, it is to lead the cars around an incident, so i don't see it like that but this could be a fun addition. Say if someone had flipped over on the track and a TOW was called, then a safety car is called out the pits. If people ignore the safety car and drive right past it they get their license revoked as it is unsafe driving. Could work like the !follow command.
Even better!

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Felipe Jardim - 2017-10-08 15:09

You could just make the entire track a "safezone" so people can pit without losing their trips?

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Owl - 2017-10-08 15:51

But then that takes all the fun away from roleplay.

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Felipe Jardim - 2017-10-08 16:21

So does not allowing a tow in there to help out.

It would be nice if our trip counters stopped when entering a track zone, that way when we exit the zone we could resume our trips without adding on kms with no bonus....

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Adam - 2017-10-09 15:35

(2017-10-08 16:21)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  So does not allowing a tow in there to help out.

It would be nice if our trip counters stopped when entering a track zone, that way when we exit the zone we could resume our trips without adding on kms with no bonus....

I am sorry, where does it say TOWs aren't allowed in?

If you has actually read the update post and i believe the questions in the form (not sure on that) it says this: Crashed cars may be towed normally. They may normally use the SOS menu.

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Medln - 2017-10-09 17:45

>GTR and Formula cars will spawn near the race track. These cars must not be taken onto normal roads.

I don't get it, how do you get into the car?

*newbie here please dont bully*

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Ras - 2017-10-09 18:09

Choose it in the garage and join the track in it.

RE: Trackday and other features - Discussion - Chuck - 2017-10-09 21:13

(2017-10-09 17:45)Medln Wrote:  >GTR and Formula cars will spawn near the race track. These cars must not be ...

You need the RACE license first. http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=27555