[TC] Gaming Forums
Increased player amount for server - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Increased player amount for server (/showthread.php?tid=27575)

Pages: 1 2

Increased player amount for server - Vilix - 2017-10-07 19:36

I have been playing for a bit now and I'm really enjoying the server, and I know there are 2 servers but it is always very unpopulated and the people are usually AFK.

All the fun action and people are in server one, and it's just really annoying how in the evenings or even mid-day it is impossible to get on the server 1.

As of right now, I have been trying to get on the server for 2 hours STRAIGHT.

So for my suggestion, (I'm not much of a technical person so I don't know if this can be added) but can we please have the slots increased for 38, to 47 or even more if possible.

It is really frustrating knowing that the game is old there is no autoconnect or que, so I have to wait outside in the server list and refresh, refresh, refresh, and refresh until I can finally get a spot.

If we increase the slots, then we can finally have more people in the server and it will be easier to join as well.

Like I said, I don't know if this is possible, but I think this is a very very needed addition as I have spoken to a lot of others and they all have had the same opinion about how they can never join server one.

Hopefully this gets implemented, because I think the server needs it.

-Vilix (Nightshade)

RE: Increased player amount for server - Ash - 2017-10-07 19:39

Unfortunately there can only be a maximum of 40 players (iirc) on the track at one time. If we allow 47 players in the servers, there will be problems of people arguing who should be given priority to join the track etc.

Unfortunately as you said, LFS does not have a join queue, this is only something we can hope for in the future!

RE: Increased player amount for server - Kyle - 2017-10-07 20:08

What Ash said. It's only possible to have 40 on the track at a time.
But a queue would be nice Smile

RE: Increased player amount for server - BP - 2017-10-07 20:23

To add on. If people actually used server two instead of numerous users fighting to join server one, there would be more players on our servers and there would be no problem. The more players on server two, the more people will want to join it.

RE: Increased player amount for server - Carl - 2017-10-07 20:30

Understandably, a lot of people don't join server two because of the nature of the server, it's simply more enjoyable with more players. People also join to play with their team/friends etc.

If you are struggling to get a space then I would recommend using the server stats info at the bottom of the forum page to see how many players are online, you can refresh it until there is a space then hit join. Both windows would need to be side by side too. I assume you haven't already done this if it took you 2 hours to get into the server. A space usually frees up every minute or so.

RE: Increased player amount for server - Vilix - 2017-10-07 20:35

Ah I see, I'll try doing that then next time. Thanks for the info and replies!

RE: Increased player amount for server - Aaron - 2017-10-08 00:10

I really like your idea and i also thougt about that in the past. I think the only way to implement this, is to write a suggestion on the lfs forums, so the developers can see it but i don't know on what they are working right now and if they like it. A server with 50+ slots would be awesome!!

RE: Increased player amount for server - Chuck - 2017-10-08 08:47

There are probably hundreds of things Scawen could do apart from wasting time chasing his pie-in-the-sky tyre physics. Many of them are trivial, like adding some new Ax Objects, or fixing that bloody Windows 10 font rendering bug. Last time, the invention of 3D glasses interrupted his hibernation, I'm not sure if that can/will happen again.

RE: Increased player amount for server - Ph4nToM - 2017-10-08 09:41

Once again, if people would actually use server Two instead of using auto join script and such to get on Server One we might have a growing community instead of a stagnate one.

RE: Increased player amount for server - Raphi - 2017-10-08 09:51

that's true... I sometimes join server two but I end up on server one because of people struggling to join one and therefore server two being empty. if only we could make people use both servers...

RE: Increased player amount for server - A c e - 2017-10-08 10:02

(2017-10-07 19:36)Vilix Wrote:  I have been playing for a bit now and I'm really enjoying the server, and I know there are 2 servers but it is always very unpopulated and the people are usually AFK.

All the fun action and people are in server one, and it's just really annoying how in the evenings or even mid-day it is impossible to get on the server 1.

So for my suggestion, (I'm not much of a technical person so I don't know if this can be added) but can we please have the slots increased for 38, to 47 or even more if possible.

It is really frustrating knowing that the game is old there is no autoconnect or que, so I have to wait outside in the server list and refresh, refresh, refresh, and refresh until I can finally get a spot.

If we increase the slots, then we can finally have more people in the server and it will be easier to join as well.

Like I said, I don't know if this is possible, but I think this is a very very needed addition as I have spoken to a lot of others and they all have had the same opinion about how they can never join server one.

-Vilix (Nightshade)

no

Administrator Message by: BP

2.2. Do not post provocative, outrageous, or pointless messages.

RE: Increased player amount for server - Adorable - 2017-10-08 10:51

(2017-10-08 09:41)Ph4nToM Wrote:  if people would actually use server Two instead of using auto join script and such to get on Server One we might have a growing community instead of a stagnate one.

There aren't as many, or at least enough players to occupy TC2, copping on a full server is different than that having 20 players while some of them are AFKing for hours.

It's the LFS player base, not how players should be distributed, other games have sky rocketed.

RE: Increased player amount for server - zak_mull - 2017-10-08 10:58

If after a few minutes i cannot connect to Server 1. I go to Server 2. It soon gets populated.

AND! If your wanting to earn money then its good to go to server 2 and just crack on with driving without distractions and talking all the time on chat. And there is rarely any cops Wink

Yeah its good to see other cars driving about but a good way to earn money quicker Smile

RE: Increased player amount for server - Vilix - 2017-10-08 13:33

(2017-10-08 10:02)A c e Wrote:  
(2017-10-07 19:36)Vilix Wrote:  I have been playing for a bit now and I'm really enjoying the server, and I know there are 2 servers but it is always very unpopulated and the people are usually AFK.

-Vilix (Nightshade)

no

Administrator Message by: BP

2.2. Do not post provocative, outrageous, or pointless messages.

How exactly is this suggestion outrageous, provocative or pointless?

I am asking and suggesting a simple thing, which I didn't know if it was possible or not. And due to this post a lot of others actually have learned why it might or might not be possible. I don't think in any way this thread was "pointless."

RE: Increased player amount for server - Ash - 2017-10-08 13:34

(2017-10-08 13:33)Vilix Wrote:  I am asking and suggesting a simple thing, which I didn't know if it was possible or not. And due to this post a lot of others actually have learned why it might or might not be possible. I don't think in any way this thread was "pointless."

The warning is in relation to the 'No' reply Wink

RE: Increased player amount for server - BP - 2017-10-08 13:49

(2017-10-08 13:34)Ash Wrote:  
(2017-10-08 13:33)Vilix Wrote:  I am asking and suggesting a simple thing, which I didn't know if it was possible or not. And due to this post a lot of others actually have learned why it might or might not be possible. I don't think in any way this thread was "pointless."

The warning is in relation to the 'No' reply Wink

This. For future reference, Vilix, the post which has the admin text on is the post which is breaking the rules. Your post happened to be a quote within his post.

RE: Increased player amount for server - Ph4nToM - 2017-10-08 16:24

(2017-10-08 10:51)Adorable Wrote:  There aren't as many, or at least enough players to occupy TC2

Based on what?

RE: Increased player amount for server - dyzio2206 - 2017-10-08 17:14

there are enough players on tc to ocupy both servers at least to 75% just remember the amount of people that went online when RO ,BL and WE got updated to their current forms.. (especialy BL)

RE: Increased player amount for server - Adorable - 2017-10-08 19:03

(2017-10-08 16:24)Ph4nToM Wrote:  Based on what?

Based on seeing that server 2 is empty most of the time except on weekends where the track is Montana / Weston Park? (peak of 20 players)

There are players, sure, but how will you have them regularly join the servers when there's pretty much nothing new; then comes the full server obstacle.

It will apparently take 10 more years to get some tracks and cars out.

RE: Increased player amount for server - Ph4nToM - 2017-10-08 19:21

Yeah but have you ever noticed how many people are attempting to connect on One during that time? It doesn't even take a second for someone to join once a spot free up. I still believe we could fill 2 servers at peak if regular players would use it rather than using scripts or spamming join.