[TC] Gaming Forums
ANPR system for tc server - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: ANPR system for tc server (/showthread.php?tid=27885)

ANPR system for tc server - Kikou - 2017-11-24 16:11

hi i am thinking of having anpr camera on tc server

for those who did not know what does anpr mean and does it mean automatic license plate reader and how it work? it automatic scan plate for stolen car ,, cause a accident and leaving the location and such .

i am thinking of instead of having the anpr working all 360 i am thinking of just the front and the back and cops have to type in command (!anpr Milo fleeing accident) to start a warning alert on me

by having this cop and have more job then just having to pursuit,speeding,causing accident,careless driving and such

in such cop can have more reason to stop a person by causing a accident running red light ( and civilian call sos to report them in) and such others
(and yes cop have to do paper work)

many thanks any question just ask me thanks !
regards
milo

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Tingle - 2017-11-25 14:41

Sounds good in theory but have you seen the type of people who get to cop? Also, think of the issue of false reports from civilians and the chaos that will cause on the forums.

I'm also sure there's a rule around having to witness the offence from the view of your own car, which fundamentally goes against your idea.

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Pete - 2017-11-25 16:16

It is not currently possible for InSim to retrieve license plate details of cars and therefore this system is currently impossible to implement.

RE: ANPR system for tc server - RipstiE - 2017-11-25 17:17

It could work on player's username. The cop would see what fines he recently paid and what warnings does he have.

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Adorable - 2017-11-25 19:12

A camera object (can be virtual) shall do the trick, scanning cars in the same fashion that the !hazard command does.

It can be nice that each COP can setup one of these and when he's moving/patrolling he gets notifications of speeders. Suggested idea can be a nice replacement for the current speedtrap.

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Huski - 2017-11-25 21:40

I'd ask 1 thing:

A: Would it adapt if a numberplate changes? Or would [TC] have to (for an example) force numberplates such as BR Cruise? (if it works on numberplates)

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Kyle - 2017-11-25 21:42

(2017-11-25 16:16)Pete Wrote:  It is not currently possible for InSim to retrieve license plate details of cars and therefore this system is currently impossible to implement.

Either TC would have to force-assign number plates (effort) or make it work off username (as you said)

RE: ANPR system for tc server - AOR Nova - 2017-11-26 02:50

I'd say username. Licence plate reading is not possible and if it was it'd take a hella of a lot of work, for something that will probably be abused by the community.

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Raphi - 2017-11-26 09:34

I misread the suggestion and therefore it's a no: indeed it's way too much complicated for something we already have, for instance we already have a recent fine list (I admit it is for the whole server but anyway) which I sometimes use to determine the fine amount, for example if it's a repeated violation.

I'd prefer more work on TC World to allow those things, maybe something like a criminal record for important violations such as causing an accident or trying to escape. This could also bring new ideas (e.g new types of fines with MOT's/insurances checks, written on your personal criminal record and only cops would have access to it etc) but afaik it was already suggested a while ago so I doubt this would ever come.

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Adorable - 2017-11-26 10:40

Figuring out a way as to how this should be implemented shouldn't be the community's top priority.

I'd say it takes 5 minutes max to get it done, since the !speedtrap, !hazard and !caution use a similar concept.

Perhaps if we pinpoint why we need such thing; this would have a higher chance of getting in the system; The OP mal-formatted the idea.

As for scanning license plate; We can completely ignore that as Chuck uses car's X/Y coordinates to determine wether a car is in a specified area or not. (probably)

Car's license plates are available via the IS_NPL Structure; InSim Docs. [The 9th field?]

RE: ANPR system for tc server - guxjim - 2017-11-26 16:04

maybe it is not possible to implement this with the plates but and with the vin?

RE: ANPR system for tc server - Ghutra - 2017-11-27 04:38

Idea.

When you buy a brand new car, there could be a system to register it via TC World and/or ingame. In case it isn't registered, there could be a fine accumulation (with its own fine), and when the same car reaches a certain amount of fines for not registering it, it could be impounded (for example, sold to TC Market, or taken away).

Obviously its easier to said than done. Or as we like to say here: From the saying to the fact there is a stretch (Del dicho al hecho hay un trecho).