[TC] Gaming Forums
- MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» (/showthread.php?tid=27912)

- MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Kikou - 2017-11-28 17:37

hi
i was thinking about this for a long time every
since if we could use »»» Stop Police to stop a person why cant we use
- MOVE FOR POLICE »»» to ask a person to move instead having it on the left side of the screen?

thanks regards
-MiloW00t

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - BP - 2017-11-28 17:47

Because !move is already overused, and that would just be annoying I think.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Raphi - 2017-11-28 18:03

I strongly agree with BP here. !move bind works already fine now, there's no need to change that.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Chuck - 2017-11-28 18:15

(2017-11-28 17:47)BP Wrote:  Because !move is already overused, and that would just be annoying I think.

I would rather say the opposite. Cops don't use it properly. Ideally, they could make cars relatively far ahead aware of a closing chase. Maybe 5-8 secs ahead.
But cops hardly think so far ahead. Instead, they wait until the situation has actually gotten really bad, and then they start spamming.
Thats not helpful, and even if the text was 5cm in size on the screen, the car ahead could only get confused more and could react even worse.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Titan - 2017-11-28 19:26

to much spamming , the people driving by the side and see it are also harassed,

!move is completely sufficient and can be used flexibly.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Kikou - 2017-11-28 19:36

kinda have to agree with what yall said but if there is a way of having it automatic being display on screen >> move >> will be good

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - X-Team FoX - 2017-11-28 22:56

Agree with Milo... If it would be automatic... Works just like a laser or speedtrap... Would be great...But now !move command is not bad...

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - AOR Nova - 2017-11-29 00:27

Tweak to idea a little. How about "MOVE FOR POLICE" gui text on the civilan's screen pops up automatically when a cop comes within X distance. (NOT SIREN, thats different thing)
If car does not move with X amount of time, the text box will prompt a auto fine for failure to move in specified time. (Hence the need for a insim GUI).

Will nullify the need for the !move bind completely, by automatically deploying, and reducing the time spent spamming and the spam itself on the chat. Will also decrease need to rechase a chase blocker just to fine him two hundred pound for failure to move

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Adrian - 2017-11-29 06:43

(2017-11-29 00:27)AOR Nova Wrote:  Tweak to idea a little. How about "MOVE FOR POLICE" gui text on the civilan's screen pops up automatically when a cop comes within X distance. (NOT SIREN, thats different thing)
I don't think it's a good idea, would be just annoying for those who are aware of sirens and are moving for them correctly.

(2017-11-29 00:27)AOR Nova Wrote:  If car does not move with X amount of time, the text box will prompt a auto fine for failure to move in specified time. (Hence the need for a insim GUI).
It would be really hard for insim to recognize if someone actually moved correctly or not. I don't think writing it is worth the effort.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Ghutra - 2017-11-29 07:01

Problem with !move, as Chuck said, there are some cops that just flood the chat with it. Altho I'd like if !move gets a "cooldown" to prevent flooding the chat.
The best is to raise awareness among the players about sirens and what to do, and tell cops not to abuse the command itself.
I rarely used !move, unless somebody was utterly blocking the chase or me when responding to a chase.

Visual sirens should be enough, but since it seems like mirrors in LFS doesn't exist, they don't even realize a chase is behind until they are 10m away. It really grinds my gears.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Huski - 2017-11-29 07:17

(2017-11-28 17:47)BP Wrote:  Because !move is already overused, and that would just be annoying I think.

100% with BP here, occasionally I have a chase coming up on me and the chat is filled with 5+ messages of "MOVE FOR POLICE" this'd just be an annoyance over time, like a ticking clock over time.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Chuck - 2017-11-29 07:20

(2017-11-29 00:27)AOR Nova Wrote:  Tweak to idea a little. How about "MOVE FOR POLICE" gui text on the civilan's screen pops up automatically when a cop comes within X distance. (NOT SIREN, thats different thing)

The siren IS actually the thing that should make you clear the way. It certainly doesn't need 2 different signs on the same screen.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - Brixton - 2017-11-29 08:46

2 Ideas about it:

1. Is it possible to make the "move" bind only visible on the screen of the driver who is meant. So COP can spam it if a driver not move and its not annoying to other users
  2. Horn 4 only for COPs and Horn 5 only für MED/RES. So ppl can better hear what is coming from behind

just as thought.

RE: - MOVE FOR POLICE »»» - GT4tube - 2017-11-29 18:12

hmm, i have no idea..