[TC] Gaming Forums
Cop system questions - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Cop system questions (/showthread.php?tid=27965)

Cop system questions - Furious Hellfire - 2017-12-04 11:02

Was not sure where to post this.

Yesterday I decided to take a quick cop test, was more a curiosity thing than an actual heated desire to do duty.

I read through the online handbook for cops and this was the first time I got to learn anything valid about the cop system and rules on TC.

I took a test answering with the knowledge I gained but failed with 15 correct.

Will take again next week but I have questions, rather than be in ignorance, its hard to determine some of the following by watching the server.

On an autobahn (im presuming this refers to the oval) I was asked if a suspect suddenly ducks off the autobahn and i miss the turn, should i reverse back up the autobahn to rejoin him.

I opted for the lose the chase if there is no safe way back to him. (in the interest of public safety)

Second question was if a suspect ww on the autobahn, I chose not to follow ww and to warn him that it is against rules but follow on correct side.

Thirdly regarding skins, if someone does not like my skin i opted to post in skin approval.

Seems i failed specifically on autobahn and skins.

Could anybody specify actual guidelines for the autobahn.
If my suspect ducks off and i miss the turn, am I allowed to backtrack safely and follow him if it is safe to do so?

The autobahn is seemingly stricter than normal road, this is understandable.

Is there a system where a supervising cop can talk to me about my test results to help gain understanding ?
I try not to ask questions in game as officers are mostly busy.

I have nearly 10 year prior cop service in other servers so I will only need telling once Wink

Also I think the online test is pretty cool and a good idea, felt like i was back in the DVLA test centre there haha.

Cool that we can apply within game using the menu too.

Loving the TC system atm.

Thanks in advance for any guidance dispensed here.

Cruisey Mcpot

RE: Cop system questions - Carl - 2017-12-04 11:16

You may need to also revise the following to help you in the cop test:

tc-g.uk/rules
tc-g.uk/finelist

Within the server rules is a rule on the Autobahn. Below that is an exception to the rule for cops and tow vehicles. See: '10.0.1. individual server rules'.

As for the skin, you can certainly make a skin approval but if there is an admin online you're also more than welcome to ask us for advice. Smile

RE: Cop system questions - Furious Hellfire - 2017-12-04 11:38

Thank you Carl this was what I needed, these links were not apparent to me yesterday but I was searching mainly on forum, fprgot about the website itself xD

Cheers mate.

RE: Cop system questions - Furious Hellfire - 2017-12-08 11:34

I have some further questions about cops in TC.

Over the last few days I have cruised at the speed limit for nearly 2k km it seems.
I have been watching the way the average TC cop handles chases in the hope of gaining experience for my TC cop test.

What I have discovered actually disgusts me.
I am aware of server rules pertaining to cops in chases "wrong laning try and avoid, only when necessary, something to that effect in rule 5.4"

I am seeing 4 FZ5 cops chasing an XFG and they are all within 3 feet of his bumper and they are using the whole road, both lanes, I have to question why even 1 FZ5 would need to wrong lane to catch up with a XFG that is stuck to his front bumper ?
They then force all traffic into collisions or off road.

I am seeing single cop chases where the cops car is far superior yet while chasing he feels the need to wrong lane more than the suspect or everytime the suspect wrong lanes, again why? cop is in FZ5 why does he need to wrong lane to keep up with the XFG.

Last night cruising at speed limit 60 a pile of cops came out of nowhere right at me, 4 cops chasing 1 car, all were side by side and right behind his bumper and using all lanes ?
What manner of pathetic skill and discipline is this ?
I was struck regardless of coming to a full stand still and was flipped into cones costing me 50-75 and the cop involved laughed and did not even compensate me even though my car was totally crippled from the crash.

I watched an FZ5 cop this morning use wrong lane at every opportunity even when suspect was not, in a chase between suspect XFG and cop FZ5.

The average cop is causing more carnage and chaos and danger on the roads than the suspects.

Not all cops, you can see which ones know the rules and which ones just got the test answers from a friend with no study.
You can see which ones use cop duty as a certificate to drive like a total dangerous clown.

After this last week of observation I dont think I will go ahead with my cop test on TC as the fellow cops I will be relying on in my opinion will just usurp all my time telling them off, I am used to a certain level of professionalism in cop duty and general cruising and I am not seeing that in TC atm unfortunately.
Note though I have not seen many actual members online, seems to be all the random cops you have causing most problems.

As 1 of the only cruisers in TC today from what I can see who actually drives with the intention of NOT being chased and has the ability to CONTROL a vehicle, and follows all speed limits, red lights and never ever wrong lanes.
I am finding it difficult to cruise within the rules of this server without being destroyed by cops who make seriously bad judgement calls on wrong laning.

General cruisers may drift and cause a crash from time to time or do something stupid but it pales in comparison to what some cops are doing.

Are the incidents I have stated in this post in breach of the servers rules? I hope someone is going to say yes, and then after that I will start submitting reports and replays showing cops destroying a good cruise server for no reason other than lack of skill and driving/duty discipline.

Thank you for reading

RE: Cop system questions - Chuck - 2017-12-08 12:36

(2017-12-08 11:34)Furious Hellfire Wrote:  ..
The average cop is causing more carnage and chaos and danger on the roads than the suspects.

That's as sad as true.

RE: Cop system questions - Dracula - 2017-12-08 12:49

As stated in our rules like you mentioned, unless it is necessary police in chase should not be wrong-siding, and they especially should not be causing accidents. If there's repeated disregard for the experience of other players on the server, that's definitely an issue which needs administrative action.

It is important to note, chases on [TC] CityDriving are quite fast paced, which can cause friction with normal cruisers. Accidents are to some degree inevitable, and you should not report every single accident that occurs. Most accidents can be sorted out with a simple sorry.

People who play as police have their own section of rules they need to play by, and can have their licenses revoked or suspended depending on the severity of their actions if they breach them. If a cop (or even a suspect) is continuously causing problems, that's when you should consider talking to an admin - or, if absolutely necessary, consider creating a forum report.

Despite your negative experience, I would encourage you to take the police test, and also encourage you to continue playing on our server despite being put-off by the actions of a few users. If you continue to have a bad experience here, feel free to private message me or create a report as noted above so it can be looked into by administrators.

- User Report Information
- Rules Page - 5. Police in Chase

RE: Cop system questions - Furious Hellfire - 2017-12-08 13:45

Thanks for the reply, I am certainly not put off cruising on TC, I enjoy cruising too much to be put off by a few crashes, it was just alarming to me how careless some cops are being atm, it just put me off wanting to be one.

Generally I am having a brilliant time cruising on TC, I enjoy watching the chases and stuff and yeah accidents will always happen, I already have a high degree of tolerance for that.

Cruiser since 2007-8 Tongue

I just wanted to be sure that I was not just being a miserable old fart and that what I am seeing is contrary to expected cop behaviour with some individuals.

RE: Cop system questions - AOR Nova - 2017-12-11 16:52

@Furious Hellfire

I have to second whatever you've said thus far.

It just seems that if there are more than 2 cops in a chase, everyone wants to jostle for position close to the suspect.

I used to do it until I realised it was absolutely stupid and time-wasting, so now I cop with respect, or at least I hope I do lol. When I see a cop beside me having a faster run than mine, I let him by, or if he's pushy, I let him by. They usually fall off at the next turn anyway.
Apologise all the time if I wrong-way against traffic or cause a crash, which other cops seem to gloss over.

Especially with inexperienced cops, the jostling and bumper stuff can get very hairy. It's just how it is, and you have to learn how to not get tangled with fiesty cops. Don't let the majority of crap copping put you off though, we'd be glad to have you onboard the copping team Smile

And of course, if you do get into a heated chase with other cops, play by the
"If you wreck you wreck" rule. Let them jostle, stay back, and then laugh when two cops crash into each other Smile

Cheers