[TC] Gaming Forums
Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. (/showthread.php?tid=2804)

Pages: 1 2 3

Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - McGherkin - 2012-04-11 12:14

Just seems like these days I'll think about going onto TC and thrashing the FXO or whichever car, and then I remember I haven't got that car any more and barely any money towards buying it. So I end up not bothering.

I did spend some time on the server earlier in the year but I just don't feel as free to enjoy myself as much as I used to.

Anyone else feeling this?

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Malibu - 2012-04-11 12:25

Same Tongue

At least, used to have that. Not really into cruising atm.

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - bullet - 2012-04-11 12:39

I feel the same McG.
Though, I still enjoy my XRT, my problem is finding people to cruise with. Usually I look for people from GLOW or other lads I enjoyed cruising with in the past. But if there aren't any, I don't even bother to set up my wheel.

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Tommer - 2012-04-11 12:53

I'm struggling too but for different reasons..

To me all the layouts [TC] employ recently are so.. Inconsistant and un-city like.

If I talked about it in paragraphs it would look like I am rambling.. so I'm cutting it down to bullet points.
  • White Line spacing is often far apart and often not evenly spaced across the layout. Sometimes you can't even see where the next white line is they are so far apart.
  • Armco is used often on sharp sudden corners where red and white barriers would be more effective. EG, the turn off's at the roundabout on the AB. You don't see those armco's until you hit them.
  • Lane sizes are often inconsistent and badly placed. Again on the Kyoto turn offs.. that looks and feels terrible to drive through it's not a pleasure at all.. If you want a guide.. The 'small chalk line' length is about a healthy lane width to drive through, keeping turn off lane's about this wide feels nice to drive through.
  • Tyre's are a turn-off. All they serve to do is damage your car after the guy who can't drive infront of you knocks them into you. They don't stop anyone from wrong siding and look rediculous. Use Barrier's instead if you really need to stop people from wrongsiding so bad on a corner.

The original USA Layout made no-use of tyres on corners and it wasn't until our first Jamaica layout where a small wall of yellow+black tyres was employed. Our first use of it was not very effective because they just got knocked into the other lane and caused physics lag.
  • Two-way Pitlanes take the fun of trying to sneak a pitstop out of chases..
  • Layout inconsistency.. EG.. what is with the Blackwood layout? cones galore.. It would be better if one single design principle was used across all of [TC]'s layouts.. Is it to much to ask for a nice looking city road that actually flows with the traffic?

To me crusing starts to get stressful infact I'd say atleast every other day I log out of [TC] for half an hour just to prove to myself I could have made a better layout..

I know people probably read this like oh yeah well it's only a layout but to me the layout was an important part of the track.. [TC] is quickly forgetting it's roleplay background and how roleplaying we were in a city and we were police officers on real roads rather than an 'anti-noob' based track with an insim that does everything for us..

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - James - 2012-04-11 14:49

It will just be a case of negativity from myself but overall, I havent had the energy to simply put into [TC] due to my time being drawn away from the server and Teamspeak. Hence, feeling like an outcast almost. Really doesnt feel nice sometimes and I eventually get bored. (Not that I interacted much anyway.. still though) One of the main reasons I choose to keep coming back to [TC] is because of its community and such.

In many ways, I just dont have the time to rack up the money/energy to even consider getting another car in what seems to be half the time I used to as to put it simply, I just cannot be bothered anymore. There really are so many people racing round, its just not worth cruising at the limit but I am sure this is just me ;s Meh, I guess it most likely is x]

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Stunna - 2012-04-11 14:54

All i have to say is, go drive on WKD or LTC or any other server for a few weeks and let me know how that is.

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Roba - 2012-04-11 14:58

I don't actually think there's anything wrong on TC..

Everything's good and safe for new and old cruisers of TC, and it's the best cruise server out there.

If you get bored and don't really feel like cruising, take a brake, maybe do some racing or drifting events on other servers and come back after few weeks.. Helped me alot Tongue

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Lasse - 2012-04-11 15:05

(2012-04-11 14:58)Roba Wrote:  If you get bored and don't really feel like cruising, take a brake, maybe do some racing or drifting events on other servers and come back after few weeks.. Helped me alot Tongue

Helped me out before, but now i feel the same way as bullet. I'm on a boardingschool, so often i dont get to play for 2 - 3 weeks, but when i get home, i don't feel like playing on the servers, because it's not the same...

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Audiojack - 2012-04-11 15:16

Yes, I have the same feeling. I still miss all my cars from before the reset Rolleyes I have been stuck with XFG, XRT and RB4 and around 16k for ages now since I haven't found time or interest to play much at all. Laugh

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Cola - 2012-04-11 16:10

I love the reset. I got the lust of playing LFS and on TC back, after having inactivity the last 6-8 months. Also find the layout nice, but would be nice, if you once in a while made changes to the layouts. Or more votes about it, like the Westhill track, which is my favorite track, and also currently has the best layout imo.

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - bullet - 2012-04-11 16:22

I'd really appreciate weather changes also =)

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - ChrisM - 2012-04-11 16:23

In all fairness, I have the same feeling as above. It's just not the same as it used to be, maybe it's the insim, or maybe it's the layout. Sometimes I think it's just the change in people that are on the server. Used to be you knew everyone, could cruise with everyone etc, ofcourse, there's nothing wrong with new people but yea I have been feeling this for a while now.

Forgive me if my choice of words/wording creates confusion Biggrin It's hard to explain.

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - McGherkin - 2012-04-11 16:35

The forums are really quiet too Unsure

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - BP - 2012-04-11 16:45

I'm not really an old school cruiser (I joined in October 2009) but I don't think that much has changed from then to now. Everything seems up to scratch in my opinion.

But I can relate to what McGherkin said, there definitely is not as much posting activity on the forums as there was before. Confused

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - McGherkin - 2012-04-11 16:58

It is? What good is a forum without anyone on it?

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Roba - 2012-04-11 16:58

Huh I get stressed if there's too much posts because I want to read them all xD
There is enough activity in my opinion.

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Pete - 2012-04-11 16:59

The thing I'd blame the lack of interest in TC on is the following:

- The lack of LFS updates

Everyone has days/weeks where they say "I cba going on the servers". That's natural, I get that too but that's not so much to do with TC itself, it's the actual game, the lack of updates.

End of in my opinion.

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - BP - 2012-04-11 17:35

(2012-04-11 16:59)Lampshade Wrote:  The thing I'd blame the lack of interest in TC on is the following:

- The lack of LFS updates

Everyone has days/weeks where they say "I cba going on the servers". That's natural, I get that too but that's not so much to do with TC itself, it's the actual game, the lack of updates.

End of in my opinion.

That's a good point. Wink

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - Tubby - 2012-04-11 17:45

I agree with lamp, its due to lack of updates. ive defiantly got bored of the usual so now i play on 42d multimod servers. (tweak server)

RE: Struggling to get back 'into' TC. - James - 2012-04-11 17:53

Damn you LFS ! xD

Bring out the damn patch :c