[TC] Gaming Forums
drift on track - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: drift on track (/showthread.php?tid=28388)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: drift on track - AOR Nova - 2018-01-26 01:13

+1 For stricter rules, real race test and Ghutra as a whole lol

RE: drift on track - X1-Alpha - 2018-01-26 11:48

I fail to understand this poll, same as I fail to understand the point of lap timing in a Trackday event when LFS gives you a proper hotlapping mode where you can check LFSW records.

The point of a trackday, for me, is to enjoy a track no matter what car you have and have a good time discovering what it feels to drive on a race track.I don't chase lap times on track days and IMO lap timing should be forbidden or not as serious as it is now, and I think drifting should stay in place on race tracks as it's a part of enjoying a track. Just be a little stricter about people not respecting the straight line

I also see people talking about a blue flag system. First of all I suggest them to read again the Trackdays rule N°4, and, I mean..., we're mainly driving road cars, not the SVA 950hp TA Lancer Evo 6, and this is not a TA championship, calm down with the seriousness, there's a dedicated mode for that.

What's next, introducing tweak to have 800hp/800kgs slick RB4's? Please no, not in TC.

(2018-01-24 13:19)MousemanLV Wrote:  After all it's a cruise server, suddenly people have been going mental over having a race track for..hotlapping. Hotlapping what? Those times are far from the actual LFSW times either way (unless Franky / adam start to hotlap like mad, the rest won't have a chance). smh

"After all it's a cruise server, suddenly people have been going mental over having a race track for..hotlapping." <-- This.

RE: drift on track - AOR Nova - 2018-01-26 16:02

(2018-01-26 11:48)X1-Alpha Wrote:  I fail to understand this poll, same as I fail to understand the point of lap timing in a Trackday event when LFS gives you a proper hotlapping mode where you can check LFSW records.

The timing system was introduced as a way of logging your personal times. In trackdays it is totally normal to time yourself on a lap, or be timed by someone else. The timing system rids of the human variable and neutralises by timing it for you, every lap.

(2018-01-26 11:48)X1-Alpha Wrote:  The point of a trackday, for me, is to enjoy a track no matter what car you have and have a good time discovering what it feels to drive on a race track.I don't chase lap times on track days and IMO lap timing should be forbidden or not as serious as it is now, and I think drifting should stay in place on race tracks as it's a part of enjoying a track.

In actual trackdays I'm very, very, very, very, tripley, sure that you cannot drift on a live track, unless it's a drift day. For your "laptiming should be forbidden" arguement, refer to rebuttal above.

(2018-01-26 11:48)X1-Alpha Wrote:  Just be a little stricter about people not respecting the straight line.

Yes, what we've been saying.

(2018-01-26 11:48)X1-Alpha Wrote:  I also see people talking about a blue flag system. First of all I suggest them to read again the Trackdays rule N°4, and, I mean..., we're mainly driving road cars, not the SVA 950hp TA Lancer Evo 6,

LFS has bigger gaps between car classes than most sims. Hence, when you jumble all together, you'll come across a far larger closing rate between... let's say, a UF1 and a XRT. Or a sideways drifter, and a RAC. If you put that into comparision, then yes, we are driving 950bhp Lancers, in the UF1's viewpoint.
Not to forget we have GT class and the Open Formulas.

You may be driving mainly road cars, but then it's only you out of a much larger audience.

(2018-01-26 11:48)X1-Alpha Wrote:  ...and this is not a TA championship, calm down with the seriousness, there's a dedicated mode for that.

Seriousness is how problems or conflicts get resolved. If this wasn't a serious issue, I doubt we'd be having such a large poll response. If you'd wish to take everything as a joke or "eh, just let it be" then it's time you sober up.

(2018-01-26 11:48)X1-Alpha Wrote:  What's next, introducing tweak to have 800hp/800kgs slick RB4's? Please no, not in TC.

I've failed to notice your weak sense of sacarsm.

(2018-01-26 11:48)X1-Alpha Wrote:  
(2018-01-24 13:19)MousemanLV Wrote:  After all it's a cruise server, suddenly people have been going mental over having a race track for..hotlapping. Hotlapping what? Those times are far from the actual LFSW times either way (unless Franky / adam start to hotlap like mad, the rest won't have a chance). smh

"After all it's a cruise server, suddenly people have been going mental over having a race track for..hotlapping." <-- This.

It's a cruise server with a track and trackday programme running internally. Yes, cruising can be taken in a lighter tone, but we're talking about the trackday occasion that is happening within the server. Isolate it and stop thinking of it as a "Cruise server's trackday".

I've turned on my LFS "Improvement Suggestions" serious mode now, so unless you have something more clever to rebut with I'd suggest think it over before spilling it out.
Also apologies if this tone of voice is too serious lol. I'm just saying what I think just like how I would on the actual forum. No hard feelings Smile

Cheers

RE: drift on track - Titan - 2018-01-26 23:05

thanks nova that you said everything that needed to be said Smile

RE: drift on track - MousemanLV - 2018-01-27 14:05

The fact that you keep clinging on to, ''unless you got something more clever to say'' or, ''no hard feelings'' just makes me think you are trying too damn hard to impress someone. If you really, I mean REALLY hotlap till your brain doesn't function anymore, go and do it offline. If you are so concerned about setting a lap, why the hell would you do it on a online server that's mainly for cruising? What's the point? The fact that TC added the race track with the ability to set a time on a lapboard is nice, there's nothing wrong with that, but why remove / limit the ability to drift on the track freely when it was okay to do so in the first place? What's next, you will try to turn TC into a realistic cruise server? Cops n Robbers is fun, drifting is fun, racing is fun. Hotlapping though? Hotlapping is fine, but I'd rather see the race track being used so that people can have genuine fun. You can easily go to dedicated race servers and hotlap there. There's no need to introduce rules that will restrict certain players from doing what they loved to do in the first place.

RE: drift on track - Marty - 2018-01-27 14:37

Come to think of it.
Would you want to ban UF1/XFG/XRG as well then?
If I am hotlapping with an XFG and you come up behind me with a FZ5, I become a moving roadblock for you as well.
Especially when I try to take the fastest line through a corner since I am 2/10s down on my PB.
(I believe I had to move over for I believe Howlin on BW track, causing me to miss a new PB by .03 of a second.)

RE: drift on track - Owl - 2018-01-27 15:59

(2018-01-27 14:05)MousemanLV Wrote:  There's no need to introduce rules that will restrict certain players from doing what they loved to do in the first place.

+1

You said it all Mouse.

RE: drift on track - AOR Nova - 2018-01-27 16:48

(2018-01-27 14:05)MousemanLV Wrote:  The fact that you keep clinging on to, ''unless you got something more clever to say'' or, ''no hard feelings'' just makes me think you are trying too damn hard to impress someone.

Well, have a shot at visiting the threads in the official forum and you'll get this vibe all day Smile
I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm just strongly justifying my viewpoint and reason that follows it. If you don't like it, too bad.

(2018-01-27 14:05)MousemanLV Wrote:  If you really, I mean REALLY hotlap till your brain doesn't function anymore, go and do it offline. If you are so concerned about setting a lap, why the hell would you do it on a online server that's mainly for cruising? What's the point?

Why not though? Hm? There's a timer, there's a track, there's fast cars. There's the point.

(2018-01-27 14:05)MousemanLV Wrote:  The fact that TC added the race track with the ability to set a time on a lapboard is nice, there's nothing wrong with that, but why remove / limit the ability to drift on the track freely when it was okay to do so in the first place?

Because drifting has no place on a track day. Do you see drifting happening on trackdays outside of this virtual world we call LFS?

(2018-01-27 14:05)MousemanLV Wrote:  ...drifting is fun, racing is fun. Hotlapping though? Hotlapping is fine, but I'd rather see the race track being used so that people can have genuine fun. You can easily go to dedicated race servers and hotlap there. There's no need to introduce rules that will restrict certain players from doing what they loved to do in the first place.

Drifting is fun, and racing is fun. Yes.
But both do not belong on the same piece of track at the same time.

There is a need to introduce rules that will restrict certain players from doing what they love to do if their actions have no place on a trackday, and it ruins the gameplay for other players who are also doing what they love.

@Marty
Because UF1/XFG/XRG have the capability to move about faster and have the nimbleness a light-headed drifter with super-heated tires doesn't have.

RE: drift on track - BP - 2018-01-27 16:53

Nova Wrote:Well, have a shot at visiting the threads in the official forum and you'll get this vibe all day

I would encourage and ask you and any others to not replicate the vibe here. The vibe on the LFS forum is not great in my opinion, so it'd be nice to keep things more civilised.

RE: drift on track - Adorable - 2018-01-27 17:01

(2018-01-27 16:53)BP Wrote:  The vibe on the LFS forum is not great in my opinion

It's not any better in here with the stupid public unban requests / user reportings section and the suggestions that never get implemented Rolleyes.

RE: drift on track - BP - 2018-01-27 17:03

(2018-01-27 17:01)Adorable Wrote:  
(2018-01-27 16:53)BP Wrote:  The vibe on the LFS forum is not great in my opinion

It's not any better in here with the stupid public unban requests / user reportings section and the suggestions that never get implemented Rolleyes.

Most suggestions need Chuck, and he is on a break. And it's nothing to do with vibe, so I'm not sure why you mention it here.

My previous post was only to point out that we should keep the discussion civilised - let's get back on topic now.

RE: drift on track - Ghutra - 2018-01-27 19:06

(2018-01-27 14:37)Marty Wrote:  Come to think of it.
If I am hotlapping with an XFG and you come up behind me with a FZ5, I become a moving roadblock for you as well.
Especially when I try to take the fastest line through a corner since I am 2/10s down on my PB.
(I believe I had to move over for I believe Howlin on BW track, causing me to miss a new PB by .03 of a second.)

You won't become a roadblock if you race with a UF1/XFG/XRG unless you purposely f.e. turn into the other car when it's about to overtake you. One thing is taking the race line, but it's totally a different thing if you block a car intentionally.

x---------------------------------x---------------------------------x---------------------------------x---------------------------------x

It's as easy for drifters who wish to drift on track to watch out for cars coming behind, as for racers to also have some respect towards these drifters.

Since Race License added, I have NEVER seen anyone driving "normally"/chilling on track, all of them were hotlapping/doing laps. So I don't see where that "chilling driving on track" argument comes from. If you go onto the race track then its to do laps, not to drive 60kmh like it was a city road.
Nothing and noone can't stop someone from doing laps/hotlap on the track, same goes for drifting. But when it becomes a problem, then there needs intervention to solve that problem.

The problem comes when some people who don't give a shit about their surroundings block/crash other people ruining their fun/gameplay, be it driving, drifting, racing or whatever.

I want to guess most of people here noted that both BL and WST tracks were dead when they got the Backroads update. Everyone stays on Industry Lane and Paddock Tunnel Way respectively and it was a miracle to see someone on the actual tracks. Therefor the Race License idea was suggested and approved.
Yes, a racetrack on a cruise server doesn't match that much, but that doesn't mean it can't be implemented on the server.

Again, rules reinforcement will be the best for us all. Forbidding it would be the worst case scenario.

RE: drift on track - Titan - 2018-01-28 03:07

(2018-01-27 14:05)MousemanLV Wrote:  The fact that you keep clinging on to, ''unless you got something more clever to say'' or, ''no hard feelings'' just makes me think you are trying too damn hard to impress someone. If you really, I mean REALLY hotlap till your brain doesn't function anymore, go and do it offline. If you are so concerned about setting a lap, why the hell would you do it on a online server that's mainly for cruising? What's the point? The fact that TC added the race track with the ability to set a time on a lapboard is nice, there's nothing wrong with that, but why remove / limit the ability to drift on the track freely when it was okay to do so in the first place? What's next, you will try to turn TC into a realistic cruise server? Cops n Robbers is fun, drifting is fun, racing is fun. Hotlapping though? Hotlapping is fine, but I'd rather see the race track being used so that people can have genuine fun. You can easily go to dedicated race servers and hotlap there. There's no need to introduce rules that will restrict certain players from doing what they loved to do in the first place.

You have to leave that to yourself.. I do not want to impress anyone. I do not need that,

think that's good that tc has opened something like that!

RE: drift on track - AOR Nova - 2018-01-28 04:59

(2018-01-27 19:06)Ghutra Wrote:  
(2018-01-27 14:37)Marty Wrote:  Come to think of it.

You won't become a roadblock if you race with a UF1/XFG/XRG unless you purposely f.e. turn into the other car when it's about to overtake you. One thing is taking the race line, but it's totally a different thing if you block a car intentionally.

x---------------------------------x---------------------------------x---------------------------------x---------------------------------x

It's as easy for drifters who wish to drift on track to watch out for cars coming behind, as for racers to also have some respect towards these drifters.

Since Race License added, I have NEVER seen anyone driving "normally"/chilling on track, all of them were hotlapping/doing laps. So I don't see where that "chilling driving on track" argument comes from. If you go onto the race track then its to do laps, not to drive 60kmh like it was a city road.
Nothing and noone can't stop someone from doing laps/hotlap on the track, same goes for drifting. But when it becomes a problem, then there needs intervention to solve that problem.

The problem comes when some people who don't give a shit about their surroundings block/crash other people ruining their fun/gameplay, be it driving, drifting, racing or whatever.

I want to guess most of people here noted that both BL and WST tracks were dead when they got the Backroads update. Everyone stays on Industry Lane and Paddock Tunnel Way respectively and it was a miracle to see someone on the actual tracks. Therefor the Race License idea was suggested and approved.
Yes, a racetrack on a cruise server doesn't match that much, but that doesn't mean it can't be implemented on the server.

Again, rules reinforcement will be the best for us all. Forbidding it would be the worst case scenario.

+1 this, enforce rules and only forbid/ban a certain action only if needed.

(2018-01-27 16:53)BP Wrote:  
Nova Wrote:Well, have a shot at visiting the threads in the official forum and you'll get this vibe all day

I would encourage and ask you and any others to not replicate the vibe here. The vibe on the LFS forum is not great in my opinion, so it'd be nice to keep things more civilised.

The LFS forum is great, we get things said and done. I feel the LFS forum vibe is fine.
No one implied that it would be uncivilised here on the TC forum either, it's just how people express their opinions and I think a forum should always welcome that.
I do think we should have the ability to freely express our opinion, no matter how strong, weird or valid it may be. But it should of course, be kept civilised like you said, and without arrowing someone or flaming.

RE: drift on track - MousemanLV - 2018-01-28 13:15

(2018-01-28 04:59)AOR Nova Wrote:  The LFS forum is great, we get things said and done.
Yeah, still waiting on that Scirocco.

RE: drift on track - AOR Nova - 2018-01-28 13:38

(2018-01-28 13:15)MousemanLV Wrote:  
(2018-01-28 04:59)AOR Nova Wrote:  The LFS forum is great, we get things said and done.
Yeah, still waiting on that Scirocco.

I said the LFS forum is great, not the hobo we call Scawen the developer Sad

RE: drift on track - Owl - 2018-01-28 14:30

Nova, Mouseman - Back on topic please.

RE: drift on track - Titan - 2018-02-10 22:10

and now?

RE: drift on track - Titan - 2018-06-22 09:46

there is now a decision for it?

new track and same game again....

RE: drift on track - BP - 2018-06-22 10:09

Added an internal poll and we'll get back to you asap.