[TC] Gaming Forums
StatOwls - [TC] Lookup using REST API - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Developer Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: StatOwls - [TC] Lookup using REST API (/showthread.php?tid=28583)

StatOwls - [TC] Lookup using REST API - Owl - 2018-02-10 20:42

[Image: WA5ZGLO.jpg]

Hello fellow users of [TC]!

Today I am announcing the latest project I have been working on as of lately. I would like to introduce to you all StatOwls.

This program is a follow up of my previous application "TCLookup". However, since [TC] had moved to [TC] World, that application was killed off and rendered useless as it used to retrieve the web pages of users' licenses from http://insim.city-driving.co.uk/.

Onto what this application can/is planned to be able to do. StatOwls can be of convenience to those users that commonly look up the statistics of the [TC] CityDriving Servers, as one of its current features is the ability for to look-up any user profile (thanks to the [TC] REST API) and have all the information available at the click of a button, as well as having the access to the CityDriving Statistics and having all of that data available too. One of the planned features is to have this application display all of this available data, not just in the Windows Form, but have it available as an InSim Application as well (this will come in handy when gumball comes around again and everyone can have a tracker on their screen showing relative distances etc).

Another feature that StatOwls will offer is the lookup of the [TC] Market and have all the available cars listed in a catalog. When the InSim variant of StatOwls is released, you will be able to purchase cars straight from the catalog whilst in-game at the click of a button!

This program would not have been possible with my lack of experience if it wasn't for [TC] releasing their outstanding API to us, so I would like to thank them for making this possible!

I hope that you will all enjoy this application and follow the development as I will be posting regular updates (believe it or not, more often than Scawen does) of where I currently am with StatOwls.

That's all for now!

~Owl

Current Status: In Development (PRE ALPHA)

Current Features:
  • User Lookup - Basic Information Displayed
  • Statistics Lookup - Basic Information Displayed

Planned Features
  • User Lookup - More In-Depth Information Displayed
  • Statistics Lookup - More In-Depth Information Displayed
  • AutoMarket Lookup - To be able to buy from Windows Form with confirmation as required in LFS and to be able to buy from the InSim app inside LFS
  • Gumball Tracker
  • COP Distance Warnings - <user>, you are <distance> away from the chase, please yield! etc
  • Ability to have your own binds
  • MED/RES/COP/TOW Ramp GUI
  • COP Roadblock GUI

Last Updated - 10/02/2018 - 20:44

Status Update - StatOwls - 10/02/2018 - 22:56 - Owl - 2018-02-10 22:56

Update:
  • Updated GUI - Added tabs for Stats Lookup
  • Improved Data Request Algorithm for quicker request and response times to the API.

Status Update - StatOwls - 11/02/2018 - 17:25 (Updated because of spelling mistakes) - Owl - 2018-02-11 17:22

Update:
  • Managed to retrieve the User Profile API in full and deserialize it.
  • The dates have now been translated from the Unix Epoch format to Standard format.
  • User Online box now uses conditional formatting instead of Yes/No
  • Radar, Locator and Winch boxes now use conditional formatting instead of True/False

I have a couple of screenshots. Yes, it does look very basic and yes, the nicknames need to be sorted out, but this program is in its very early stages!

Screenshots (Click to View)

RE: StatOwls - [TC] Lookup using REST API - Adorable - 2018-02-11 18:42

Wouldn't it be better if you build those in game? In a InSim interface?

RE: StatOwls - [TC] Lookup using REST API - Owl - 2018-02-11 19:11

That's the plan Ad, but just to build the code that manipulates the API, I am doing it in Windows Forms first, which is good for people who just want quick and easy access to certain data. Then once the forms are mostly done, will I then start working on the StatOwls InSim.

RE: StatOwls - [TC] Lookup using REST API - Tingle - 2018-02-12 01:12

This is a good way to learn about using APIs but for your program to be of any real use you need to start working on an InSim interface.

RE: StatOwls - [TC] Lookup using REST API - kxait - 2019-01-03 02:40

For future reference: it could be a much better idea to start the project with a website, not a WinForms app