[TC] Gaming Forums
Removing Blackwood from rotation - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Removing Blackwood from rotation (/showthread.php?tid=28753)

Pages: 1 2

Removing Blackwood from rotation - Thomas - 2018-03-04 11:00

Hello

This suggestion is just as the title suggests: Would it be possible to have Blackwood removed from the track rotation schedule?

Blackwood in it's current format is essentially just one road that people drive up and down constantly and others who mess around the Storage Yard. The aim for any suspect in a chase is to find the tiniest whole they can squeeze their car through and that the cops can't, which has made copping on this track a pain.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Foloride - 2018-03-04 11:10

Well, to be honest I agree with you, the track in this form is a pain in the arse for copping. I like the track itself, it's a good track and it really is a shame that the suspects can't go there. The whole cops and robbers thing is very restricted like this. So my suggestion would be not to remove completely from the rotation but either go back to the old layout (without the trackday feature) or skip Blackwood once or twice so it doesn't come that often on the server.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Adam - 2018-03-04 11:12

Well, cops have a good advantage on other tracks so it seems fair to have a track where the robber has a chance.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Dracula - 2018-03-04 11:18

I'd love to see the map go back to utilising the track as Foloride brought up. We could still have the other newer parts of the map open but maybe a little changed up to prevent it crowding up in the same spot constantly.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Adrian - 2018-03-04 11:21

I agree on either removing Blackwood from rotation or going back to old layout. It was just simple track with two offroad sections, but I enjoyed cruising on it much much more than on current, new Blackwood, which I find really boring.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Roba - 2018-03-04 11:29

The racetrack part would attract a lot more chases as well, at least for the drivers who like to drive fast. It would also be much more relaxing cop wise when you don't have to stress the suspect abusing every small gap in the layout Biggrin

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Owl - 2018-03-04 11:32

Has everyone forgotten what happened when trackday didn't exist on [TC]? Even then no one used the track. I'd say leave it as it is. I agree with Adam.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Adorable - 2018-03-04 11:48

Blackwood doesn't only offer copping, you can drive, you can drift, you can race or try to escape the cops, lastly you can be the COP.

-1 to scrapping it out of the track rotation, I'd say consider improving it by; making the road feel a little more open instead of killing the space with barriers, alternate the layout each time it's Blackwood, So once we use the race track and the rallycross section and once it's the access roads.

-> COPs have all forms of advantages, when it comes to infinite roadblocks, infinite backup and them being the ones exercising force and slowly immobilize the suspect's car; I'd say co operate and organise more with other COPs, you shouldn't be losing chases, statistically speaking there are some rocking 90% win rates so you must be doing something wrong.

-> It's not Blackwood really, it's the Devs sleeping and not releasing anything lately.

For a track that's been around probably since LFS's Alpha stages, I'm amazed that people still play it or the actual game itself.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - GT4tube - 2018-03-04 12:52

GoodWood!

But objects current is 1629/2100. We can extra objects!
We need adding extra objects:
+Drift Track Layout
+Drag Layout
+Not allowed drive as cop/chase Storage Yard.

And done. Dont be lazy, lets go work fix layout. xd
This like:
[Image: 5a9bf0c096107-Live_For_Speed_Screenshot_....37.54.png]

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Ras - 2018-03-04 13:29

I am able to enjoy Blackwood, but it can be hard sometimes still, so i wouldn't want it removed but rather improved.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Jacob - 2018-03-04 13:31

i realy dont like BL but i dont mind to have it one week on. Removing BL is not needed as you can just have fun there out of chasing imo.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - AOR Nova - 2018-03-04 13:51

-1 for this. Why remove something when when you can fix what's not working right? It's almost a brainfart - removing an entire layout from the rotation ; how is it beneficial? You're losing more than what it was before lol

I could try to make a proper road diversion along Industry Way (a permanant fixture) that will make traffic stop at a 3 way T junction along Lyon Road (?). That way, people can either turn left into the mini estate (50 kph) and utilise the road there,

Or, if they wish to U turn, they will have to bypass the huge factory road (the one with the major carpark) and the make a right, and then join the 4 way traffic junction.

Or, if they want to go to the yard, they can go by the industrial road beside the Yard (heading to start of rally), then make a right (where the Safezone beside the containers are).

Just a wild idea, should I go out of layout retirement do it? Won't be a temp fixture however. Probably a neatly done (with level kerbs, proper barricading) layout that will work for all.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - pandakid - 2018-03-04 14:06

I dont know this is a really stupid idea, but about we vote on everyone's favourite map, and then, every time it's Blackwood's turn on the rotation, one server be BL, and the other be the voted favourite? That way BL players get BL, and everyone else gets another week of their favourite? This doesn't have to be a permanent solution either, just until BL is a position where more people enjoy it.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Audiojack - 2018-03-04 14:38

I was just really bummed about the track not being considered a civil road any more, it gave a nice variety to cruising "around town" as you'd say and then going on the "highway" for a change.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Hakou - 2018-03-04 15:22

-1 no cuz we can wait one week easy

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - intruz666 - 2018-03-04 15:32

I agree with GT4tube in 100%!
Try do to somethink interesting
Drag and drift section would be great

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Tibe - 2018-03-04 17:37

I miss the old Blackwood with the 160kph highways, imo we should try to revert back to the old layout we had before the Blackwood update (when the whole lyt was on the racetrack). That was much more enjoyable than the current one, since you actually saw people and had people to drive with. Now if you go to the back streets and try to drive around there, you don't actually see anyone.
So I'm neutral on this one, either do a revamp or scrap it, your choice.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Gegg - 2018-03-04 17:48

Suggestion to make it more fun is that the trackday is always on server 2 but its every 2 times on server one and the other week its open road like in the old days

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Audiojack - 2018-03-04 18:00

(2018-03-04 17:37)Tibe Wrote:  I miss the old Blackwood with the 160kph highways, imo we should try to revert back to the old layout we had before the Blackwood update (when the whole lyt was on the racetrack). That was much more enjoyable than the current one, since you actually saw people and had people to drive with. Now if you go to the back streets and try to drive around there, you don't actually see anyone.
So I'm neutral on this one, either do a revamp or scrap it, your choice.

Personally, I'd try to do the opposite of what is going on now; make the old Blackwood the main area where people would drive, and the most cluttered built up slow area a sort of side thing. I'm not a map designer but it would certainly be possible to incentivize it with layout redesigns, speed limits and such... Maybe even one way streets?

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Alex. - 2018-03-04 18:22

I can't see any reason to remove Blackwood from rotation, The current obejcts is 1629/2100. Why not developing the layout such as, Converting traffic instead of Industry Lane and Set places for drift in Strong Yard. It would be better than it is.

(2018-03-04 11:00)Thomas Wrote:  The aim for any suspect in a chase is to find the tiniest whole they can squeeze their car through and that the cops can't, which has made copping on this track a pain.

It could be solved like many gaps has been blocked in Weston Park.