[TC] Gaming Forums
Removing Blackwood from rotation - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Removing Blackwood from rotation (/showthread.php?tid=28753)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Ghutra - 2018-03-04 20:22

I agree it could be improved, of course, but plain remove it is just nonsense. I find copping to be more enjoyable on Blackwood with it's tight gaps, at least in my experience when copping. I'd say its the only track where I normally cop with the RB4 (on others, even tho its rare, I only use the RB4 tank for RoadBlocks, or when there is someone going offroad nub mode)

Also, as Owl stated above, when trackday didn't exist, NO-ONE was driving on the track, they were all on IL just like now, same happened with Westhill's PTW. Altho I agree TrackDay shouldn't exist, even with or without it no-one drives on the track.

Blame people, not the track. It's not Blackwood's fault because people only drive in a straight line.

(2018-03-04 11:00)Thomas Wrote:  The aim for any suspect in a chase is to find the tiniest hole they can squeeze their car through and that the cops can't, which has made copping on this track a pain.
I only found 2 gaps on Factory Street where a UF1 and a MRT can fit and gain unfair advantage (the warehouses that have the staircases, on both ends). Other than that, all cars fit through the gaps on BL, unless there are other gaps I haven't drive on/spotted.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Getrag - 2018-03-04 20:51

Maybe we open the whole track for use and then one or two days in the week is the layout for trackday that way maybe the trackday would be populated too. Its a shame new westhill is such a big track and new blackwood is so tiny compared to it. If they were aiming for cruise use they really should have make it bigger like westhill or not crowd it with bunch of containers. We are going to have to suck it up because we arent going to see its update anytime soon or ever.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Barney - 2018-03-04 20:56

Although im not a great fan of the current situation, im against removing it completely. But im all up for changes such as:

-removing trackday(alternatively only every second time BL comes up(same for WE btw))
-few layout changes
-back to only having it every second rotation

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Titan - 2018-03-04 22:06

definitely not remove,
change the layout one by one, In any case, the first layout was better, but the track is also a lot of fun.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Bez - 2018-03-05 00:33

I've taken a bit of time to improve the current Blackwood layout:

Download

Fixed the Lights area. Removed parking areas that caused a lot of issues with chases (You can also see the blocked road ahead:
[Image: ZPs4Him.png]

Blocked Road area. This area when blocked sends traffic all around the map instead of up and down the same road:
[Image: tAun0lT.png]

Other end:
[Image: cTJP3j1.png]

A very basic roundabout that joins the Storage Area:
[Image: qLPBPZL.png]

We could make driveable roads coming off the roundabout exits and entrances. These would be made with barriers and lines.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - AOR Nova - 2018-03-05 02:01

@Bez
I think I tried that (splitting the road into two) before, and it didn't get a ton of welcome.

Roundabout idea is similar to mine but I took out two-way from the sides so that it will be less confusing.

RE: Removing Blackwood from rotation - Borja - 2018-03-05 07:35

I really like the idea of the RB, and all others Bez.

Removing completly no, but as have been mentioned, have one rotation yes, on rotation no. Just have it every 2 rotations