[TC] Gaming Forums
Sorry to... - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Sorry to... (/showthread.php?tid=28978)

Sorry to... - South - 2018-04-12 21:06

This post is about that post: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=28945

I want to explain all the story to all TC drivers.

First I want to say that, its not 3rd party programme. It was a glitch. I just read game software and change some values with using Notepad. (Actually it wasnt me. My friend do that with using teamviewer. But it is not important because it was my LFS). This changes delete CT slip problem and you can set between 00-250ms the gearshift debounce. (You can set between 20-250ms in normal LFS) So they are giving me a little advantage in events.(0.002 seconds per upshift). I was delete the old LFS and download a new LFS after this things are done.I want to open a new page to everyone and I want to say sorry to all Fragmaster family. I hope that you appreciate. Good game to everyone!

RE: Sorry to... - TAZxx - 2018-04-12 21:13

Glitch, Hack, Etc. It is still cheating, you had a clear advantage at all times. However I think this thread is pointless. Can an admin lock this before it gets out of hand?

RE: Sorry to... - Borja - 2018-04-12 21:18

Everyone makes mistakes, and the most important, it's to learn from them. I hope you did it! See you on roads!

RE: Sorry to... - Charlie - 2018-04-12 21:20

TAZxx Wrote:Glitch, Hack, Etc. It is still cheating

This.

RE: Sorry to... - Onur - 2018-04-12 21:33

Everybody deserves a chance for get out bad side. As borja said, he realized his mistake and wanted to explain himself. In my opinion it's brave move. He wanted to apology about his fault in front of community.

RE: Sorry to... - Ephwurd - 2018-04-12 21:40

He made mistake with using hack or what else but there is an important point.He saw his mistake and wanted to apologize all TC community.He took his punishment with kicked from team.Be forgiveful and do not judge him with this mistake.I congratulate you for your courage.Goodluck and have fun in future...

RE: Sorry to... - Pete - 2018-04-12 21:48

Actions speak louder than words I guess. Never use it again and prove you're still a great driver without these tools.

RE: Sorry to... - South - 2018-04-12 21:51

(2018-04-12 21:48)Pete Wrote:  Actions speak louder than words I guess. Never use it again and prove you're still a great driver without these tools.
I delete the old LFS and download new one.

RE: Sorry to... - Frozen - 2018-04-12 22:02

Admitting you're wrong is the first step to improvement, simply ensure it doesn't happen again. Smile

RE: Sorry to... - Pete - 2018-04-12 22:30

(2018-04-12 21:51)EE3 Wrote:  
(2018-04-12 21:48)Pete Wrote:  Actions speak louder than words I guess. Never use it again and prove you're still a great driver without these tools.
I delete the old LFS and download new one.

Yeah, I know, I'm just saying that apologising is only half the battle, you need to prove yourself on track Smile

RE: Sorry to... - Lewis2212 - 2018-04-12 22:30

As people have said above - Admitting you're wrong is the right thing to do and a step in the right direction. If anything, I respect you for that. It takes a lot to admit to your mistakes in these situations.

Make sure it doesn't happen again, prove you can race without it and redeem yourself!

RE: Sorry to... - AOR Nova - 2018-04-13 01:23

Good that you admit your wrongdoing, there's always space to do better and forget the past.

But remember, d'oh, like all us racers say - abusing a glitch or hack to make you faster doesn't actually make you a better driver. Spend the time actually practicing and you'll find out you can match or do better than that software thing you're using.
p.s
Plus if I'm not wrong, you can't blip the throttle through clutch when the glitch is activitated, correct?

RE: Sorry to... - Titan - 2018-04-13 02:37

It takes a bit of courage to admit it , but should not happen again.

RE: Sorry to... - Getrag - 2018-04-13 09:43

Its funny how a simple notepad made a big deal... He did cheat but he also explained everything and admitted while he could be hiding in his nest and deny everything. And im sure if most of people knew about this trick they woud use it for sure or atleast be tempted to use it. And probably half of forum will write on this thread because they all want to express opinion or say something bad to him. Looks like Tc has become complain server, users constantly reporting making a bid deal out of nothing. In my opinion this South s case should of stayed with fragmaster and not bring anything to here. You act like he doesnt know he did wrong you dont need to say it to him or accuse him on the server and threat him like cheat trash like ive seen a few days ago.

RE: Sorry to... - Turbo - 2018-04-15 23:36

In my opinion cheating is still cheating no matter how minor.

RE: Sorry to... - Roba - 2018-04-16 08:34

Well said, Getrag.

I'm very disappointed in South for doing something like this but I also feel that the matter is treated as a much bigger deal as I can personally see it.
An apology won't make everything right, but he's already been disqualified from the races and kicked from the team he loved. Banning him from everything and hating on him forever isn't the correct way to continue from this.

RE: Sorry to... - Owl - 2018-04-16 13:33

Slightly off topic,

Wtf is Gearshift Debounce? Never understood it.

RE: Sorry to... - Ghutra - 2018-04-16 15:11

(2018-04-16 13:33)Owl Wrote:  Slightly off topic,

Wtf is Gearshift Debounce? Never understood it.

Straight from LFSManual:
LFSManual Wrote:Gearshift debounce:
Sets the time in milliseconds that must elapse before another (sequential) gear change is accepted. On some wheels when they get old, the paddles start to sometimes report two very quick presses instead of one. This setting tries to cure the annoying behaviour by ignoring quick shift commands. If you suffer from these so called double shifts, increase this value - if on the other hand you seem to miss gear shifts when quickly shifting yourself, decrease it.

Back OT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agree with Roba and Getrag.

RE: Sorry to... - intruz666 - 2018-04-17 06:13

In my opionion cheating is cheating BUT he apologized, he knows he did wrong, he was punished in a way that surely hurt him, so why bother to make an even bigger war? I am sure that such great ideas will not come to his mind in the future. Let's honor that he confessed and apologized, but not do everythink to smash him
Cya!

+1 Getrag
+1 Roba