[TC] Gaming Forums
[OUTDATED] Skin Approval - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Skin Approvals (/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+----- Forum: Skin Approvals - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+----- Thread: [OUTDATED] Skin Approval (/showthread.php?tid=29)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Skin Approval - Sadie - 2013-10-18 23:02

Well.. This rule's:

Quote:4.4. Skins
Police must use a skin that easily identifies the car as a police car.
Skins must comply with the TC police skin regulations.
I will not say that is what people think is a cop car on first watch.

Quote:Main Livery should be based on at least one of a or b below:
4.4.2.a Traditional
It should have a solid base colour with large areas/panels of bodywork in a contrasting base colour and/or large stripes along the sides in contrasting/hi-vis colour(s).
Suitable base colours are dark colours such as Black, Navy Blue, Dark Green and very light colours such as White, Silver or pale chalk-pastel type colours. Colours such as Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple and Red are not reccommended as base colours as they have reduced contrast and can easily be mistaken for civillian/recovery vehicles. Yellow/Orange can be used for stripes if they contrast sufficiently with surrounding livery/base colour.
4.4.2.b Battenburg
If you wish to use a "Battenburg" style livery you must be aware of the following:
The colours of the battenburg itself must be Blue and Yellow. These colours are exclusively used by the Police around the world where battenburg liveries are deployed. Other colours/combinations are sometimes used by other emergency/non-emergency/recovery vehicles.
When using a battenburg livery, the base colour is less important than in 4.4.2.a, as the battenburg itself is usually sufficient for visibility.

RE: Skin Approval - Pipa - 2013-10-19 14:25

This thread is not meant for arguments about a specific skin. We have received your complaints about the skin and i have forwarded them to our leader. Elmo is just a little busy, so give him some time.

A Tow Skin: - Kyle - 2013-10-27 07:41

Hello,

Is this tow skin OK for use in TC?

[Image: 945dee396fbcafb4c8c33d01f972ef42.png]

RE: Skin Approval - Mr. NB - 2013-10-27 11:24

(2013-10-27 07:41)Jack Wrote:  Hello,

Is this tow skin OK for use in TC?

http://gyazo.com/945dee396fbcafb4c8c33d01f972ef42.png

I've merged your thread into this one. There's no need to create a new thread for every question you've.

Yes, that skin is fine.

RE: Skin Approval - Haribo - 2013-11-24 12:18

Allowed?

In Game:
[Image: FXO_HariboCOP_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

Real Hungary Police Car:
[Image: Skoda_Octavia_jrraut_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

RE: Skin Approval - Pipa - 2013-11-27 21:53

(2013-10-12 10:33)Maverick Wrote:  Hi,

I'd like to point out that I find those skins very confusing and by no way recognizable on the server. It reminds me rather of a racing skin (or gumball) than a proper police skin regarding high visibility. Please feel free to review this one.

We have taken our time and reviewed those skins again. We have come to the conclusion that you are indeed correct and those skins will not be allowed to be used as COP skins on the TC servers anymore.

Quite a shame as they looked outstanding, but they are just not visible enough and therefore breach rule: 4.4.1 Visibility.

RE: Skin Approval - Nomuken - 2013-11-28 01:33

(2013-10-12 10:33)Maverick Wrote:  
(2013-09-11 17:32)Pipa Wrote:  Usually Elmos topic, but guess i will have a go then.

(2013-08-22 06:18)Nomuken Wrote:  Blacktop's and mines new cop skin.
Allowed?Smile
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130822/aproved_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2520/003ulm.jpg

If you take the "Police Bast.ard" off the rear, then you are free to use it.

Hi,

I'd like to point out that I find those skins very confusing and by no way recognizable on the server. It reminds me rather of a racing skin (or gumball) than a proper police skin regarding high visibility. Please feel free to review this one.

Here are two screenshots:

You have eyes?you dont see the POLICE word?????
Made new cop skin for SO?

RE: Skin Approval - Connor - 2013-11-28 07:24

(2013-11-28 01:33)Nomuken Wrote:  You have eyes?you dont see the POLICE word?????
Made new cop skin for SO?

I think you are going to have to make a new cop skin for SO but be sure to make it clear Nomuken! Tongue

RE: Skin Approval - Lcee - 2013-11-28 11:53

Are you kidding me? First you guys approved the skins made by Blacktop and Nomuken and now suddenly because some complaints the skins are forbidden?

Don't say yes if you aren't sure about it. It is NOT right to say its allowed and a couple weeks later "oh no, we decided the skins can't be used anymore". *cough* BECAUSE OF A FEW COMPLAINTS *cough*

This is the first time the 'management' or whoever goes about this disappointed me.

PS the skins are FULL with "police" "911" or other related to police department stuff, open your eyes for everyone who thinks the skin is confusing.

Thanks for reading this.

RE: Skin Approval - Savy - 2013-11-28 12:25

Pipa said in his post that this is usually Elmo's area but he did his best to give you a reply since you didn't get one, so you would either be allowed to use the skins or not. Hes clearly had a chat with Elmo or another leader and they've decided that the skins aren't suitable, so complaining about it now wont change anything.

RE: Skin Approval - Pipa - 2013-11-28 12:45

I understand your frustration regarding this, so let me give you a bit of an insight.

When i first noticed the skin i was on ts with lamp and a few other TCs. We had a bit of debate on wether or not we should allow this skin or not. In the end the general consensus was that the skin should be allowed and nobody told him to take it off.

With that knowledge i felt it was only fair to confirm the usage of it on here.

However after we received quite a few reports about it, not only in this thread but aswell in the server, it was necessary to rethink that decision.

We like to listen to this community and although unfortunate for you guys, we determined they were right in this case.

RE: Skin Approval - Nomuken - 2013-11-28 14:54

"received quite a few reports"
I saw only 1

RE: Skin Approval - Josh - 2013-11-28 15:14

I would also like to point out the following: The above skin(s) in their current format cannot be used for cops or civilians.

As a cop skin: they are not clear enough - they are sometimes hard to identify as cop skins due to the tribal decals which make them look quite 'racey'.

As a civi skin: you can't use a skin that has POLICE, emergency lights and other police insignia plastered all over it.

RE: Skin Approval - Juntu - 2013-11-28 15:19

Such a shame.. The skin looks amazing..

RE: Skin Approval - Nomuken - 2013-11-28 15:23

the problem same the VCU skins...

RE: Skin Approval - Mr. NB - 2013-11-28 15:27

(2013-11-28 15:23)Nomuken Wrote:  the problem same the VCU skins...

The whole point of VCU skins is that they're hard to recognise.

RE: Skin Approval - Connor - 2013-11-28 15:49

(2013-11-28 15:19)Juntu Wrote:  Such a shame.. The skin looks amazing..

Its true the skin did look amazing. Maybe you could take the police stuff off it and turn it into a civi SO skin?

RE: Skin Approval - Nomuken - 2013-11-28 16:03

Yes Connor,but dont have cop skin...

RE: Skin Approval - Pipa - 2013-11-28 16:11

Alright we let this slide a bit, since we understand your frustration, but this thread is not meant for discussion.

RE: Skin Approval - Bez - 2013-11-28 16:15

So I'm in the process of making a skin and want to see if it would be ok before I continue with the hard work on the sides, since there's been a lot of skins declined.

[Image: 5vQVt.png]