[TC] Gaming Forums
South City Layout - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: South City Layout (/showthread.php?tid=29002)

South City Layout - Tommer - 2018-04-17 13:16

Hello!

Long time no see, been popping my nose into LFS over the last couple of weeks, naturally I had to tinker with the new objects in the layout editor and whoa a whole 2000+ objects to play with Smile)))

I've created a new Southcity layout. Some of it's features include;
  • Overpasses
  • A Tunnel
  • An Emergency HQ
  • Toll Booths
  • A Couple of Convoluted One way Systems
  • Single Carriageways
  • Dual Carriageways
  • Completely open, unprotected road
  • Protected road sections
  • A Stunt ramp
  • A traffic light intersection
  • Roundabouts
  • A One-way, Bi-Directional road protected by traffic lights

It's a real mixed bag!

I recently learnt how to spin up servers on Amazon Web Services, so I've stuck my layout on a server called Tommer's Server. I invite you to come give it a test drive here (Incase someone has changed the track, it's loaded on South City Classic X)

Some pictures

Feel free to save the layout from the server, use it, modify it, do as you wish, I only made it for fun Smile

~Tommer

RE: South City Layout - Pete - 2018-04-17 14:27

Damn, hi Tommer!

I'll jump on today or tomorrow to try it out Smile

RE: South City Layout - Carl - 2018-04-17 15:47

Looks like you've got some cool ideas here, tommer. =)

RE: South City Layout - intruz666 - 2018-04-17 19:30

This layout looks nice
+1

RE: South City Layout - Titan - 2018-04-17 20:58

hi tommer nice to see you ,

the first picture:

I think that it brings a very high accident risk, and it is too tight.

you did a really good job,

But do not think that it is for tc....

the layout of tc currently has too many barriers.. yours has more..

unfortunately not my taste ..sorry..

but still very chic

RE: South City Layout - Onur - 2018-04-17 21:45

+1 titan

RE: South City Layout - Huski - 2018-04-17 21:55

As Titan said, high accident chance which would cause some cases of useless crying and whining which might ultimately end in reports, be them valid or not.

From a layout point of view itself I really like it. Looks nice, clean.

RE: South City Layout - Adorable - 2018-04-17 22:04

38 players would not fit in Unsure

RE: South City Layout - Ghutra - 2018-04-18 00:04

The problem with TC layouts is that some have way too many barriers. It's way too noob-proof, and it takes away an idea of a more ""free"" layout, where you can actually feel there's space around you (except for Kyoto and Aston). But thanks to people who can't drive properly, we have these caged-like layouts...

Cons:
-1st picture: There will be a lot of crashes/cut offs ending in crashes with unnecessary crying
-4th picture: Not entirely sure if I agree or not with that RB there. A 50-50
-5th picture: Same as 1ยบ
-7th picture: There is a major problem with that. First of all it's not that well laid out wether if it's a one-way or a two-way, plus the barriers on the side restrict A LOT to it. Without the barriers on the side it will be better for traffic flow. Imagine the amount of Wrong Way and Overtaking crashes there will be.
-From a better view, seeing it closer:
Bridge Freeway should stay as it is now
High Street's 1 lane just to add a U-Turn there will make things worser.
Hill Crest Avenue-Castle Hill restricted to just a single lane two-way, the same as of Station Boulevard's situation. It's easy to flip your car there with that "curb" surrounding the barriers.
Highway 1 as a Single Lane Two-Way section is a plain bad idea.
There's little to no space to pull over when a cop responding to Backup or a chase is behind you.
I found myself going wrong way on some sections (and I look at road markings/signs), so imagine people who don't even look at markings/signs.

TL;DR: Too much barriers.

Don't get me wrong, aesthetically it looks awesome, very UK-like layout and I love it, but in practice it won't succeed :/

Great job tho! Surely took you some time to set it up.

RE: South City Layout - AOR Nova - 2018-04-18 01:08

Hey Tommer!

Jesus christ, that is one heck of a layout. Congrats mate!

I have to agree with Titan and the boys above however, sadly. Although I am also a supporter for ultra-realism in layouts (cite. if you took a look at my race circuit layout thread, you will see that I don't hold back in design on that aespect.) I approve of the with the gantries, small roads, walls ectara; but in TC, its sometimes a mess when things become over complex, especially with barriers. It's nice to look at and cruise if the situation is right (c. ETS), but for a noob-friendly server it may cause a bit of issue, even more when chases are mixed in.

It's a +1 for me on pure effort and the design (I crafted the current SO layout, and I am a Visual merchandiser myself :/ ).
Perhaps this layout may sit better in another cruise server like CLC where their Cops and Robbers theme is more relaxed and incorperated into general city roleplat a bit more. You can see it in their road designs and the more "free" designs.

There was a reason why the current SO layout may seem a little held back - there were more extravagant designs in the making, however most were not realistically doable in the server.

Cheers man

p.s
I did do something similar over at Blackwood, but I guess its not viable for the same reason as yours!

RE: South City Layout - Carl - 2018-04-18 11:08

(2018-04-17 13:16)Tommer Wrote:  I only made it for fun Smile
~Tommer

Remember guys he made it for fun, not with the intention of it being used for CityDriving. Tongue

RE: South City Layout - MrPixel - 2018-04-18 11:13

I personally like it! Smile

RE: South City Layout - Sadie - 2018-04-18 11:56

I really like it.

Best of all, the roundabout is back!

RE: South City Layout - Shino - 2018-04-18 13:59

Welcome back Tommerboy nice to see another old face still kicking Smile

Good work on the layout bud hope to see you ingame soon

RE: South City Layout - SIMOX - 2018-04-18 16:28

It's basically way too tight at traffic lights section and way too confusing for casual noob drivers lol. GJ on the tunnel and bridges though.

RE: South City Layout - Kyle - 2018-04-18 16:57

I like it Wink

RE: South City Layout - Adam - 2018-04-18 18:13

I prefer it over the one we currently have, be interesting to see how it works with a server though.