[TC] Gaming Forums
Cutting down on spam email? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Cutting down on spam email? (/showthread.php?tid=29856)

Cutting down on spam email? - Kyle - 2018-09-10 16:28

Moderator Message by: Kyle

I won't bump this thread, but in case anyone was wondering I made a Gmail account. One reason for Gmail is that I have an Android device (Google Pixel) so it integrates nicely with it.

Also, I use more Google services over Microsoft (e.g. I use Drive and not OneDrive)

This is probably down to personal preference but I hope this helps anyone - I'm gonna keep my Hotmail account for anything non-essential (e.g. stuff I will rarely use again / non-trusted sites). Thanks Smile

Hi all,
I've had my Outlook email address for years now but I kepe getting spam email constantly which, for some reason, Outlook isn't good at filtering. I'm not on about newsletters, but on about shit like this:

[Image: LejNz2i.png]

I don't want to start a new email address as I've had my Outlook for years and it would be a pain in the arse to set up all the websites I've used. Sad

Any ideas?

RE: Cutting down on spam email? - TAZxx - 2018-09-10 17:48

You can try adding yourself to spam prevention sites and stuff like that, however stuff like that is bulk sent I assume by programs to emails.

Also, the majority of the damage will have been done before now, through T&C's of places you've used your email address where it has been stated your email address and stuff like that can be sold on.

Your best bet would be to set up a new email address and change it on websites and stuff you frequently use and keep the old email as a backup and to get into sites you access rarely.

RE: Cutting down on spam email? - Bez - 2018-09-10 18:39

Live with it, or just create a new email. Outlook spam does a good job for me though.

RE: Cutting down on spam email? - Kyle - 2018-09-10 18:45

Just realised that Junk Email options are disabled

[Image: STnRZ0v.png]

Mellow I'll try enabling them and see what happens. I might even consider making a new email address, tbh. Thanks everyone Smile

RE: Cutting down on spam email? - BlackMagic - 2019-02-26 22:23

Only way i've found is not to sign up to useless crap online. as most will sell your info on for $$$

Administrator Message by: Carl

2.5. Do not post in threads which have had no new replies in the last 30 days.