[TC] Gaming Forums
PACT Driving Assistant - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: PACT Driving Assistant (/showthread.php?tid=30158)

Pages: 1 2

PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2018-11-08 14:38

Hey,
The PACT Driving Assistant was made to avoid collisions caused by not paying attention while cruising on TC...

What am I working on right now?
The lane departure warning will be supplemented with an adaptive cruise control later this year. That's what I am working on!

Current Version: 8.2
Download, including installation guide:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8cod6cxxdcpq660/PACT_Driving_Assistant_V8.2.rar/file

Videos/Explanations: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBbp3JqEGoq3iNrKcIAOuKw?view_as=subscriber

If you have questions, suggestions or trouble installing, hit me up on discord!
InGame #6244

Features:
Collision Warning: The program will warn you if there is an emerging danger of collision with a car in front. The hazard lights will be activated automatically, the brakes will be preconditioned for a full emergency stop. In case you do not react the car will autonomously apply full braking force in order to avoid a collision or mitigate the severity of an impact.

Blind Spot Warning: The program will display a little "!" on the right or left side of the screen if there is a car in your blind spot or approaching from behind with high relative speed. When using the indicator, the "!" gets bigger and red. In case you steer towards a vehicle in your blind spot, the big, red warning will be displayed as well. If a collision with a car in your blind spot is imminent because of your steering angle, an audible warning tone will be issued.

Hazard Light Assist: While performing a full emergency stop, for example, because of an obstacle in your driving path, the car will automatically flash the taillights while braking and activate the hazard lights when stationary to alert the following vehicles.

Rear-End Collision Prevention: In case a car is approaching from behind and a collision is very likely as the speed of the approaching car is very high, the tail and hazard lights will be activated.

Pull out Warning: When pulling onto another street the program will display ">>" or "<<" on the side of your screen in case a car is approaching. If you start to accelerate or if your car begins to roll forward (for example when stationary on a gradient), an audible warning tone will remind you to apply the brakes again.

Cop Mode: The program will not give an audible warning when playing as a cop. It will recognize your role play status via your name. Other warnings, the HUD, etc. will work as usual.

Cross Traffic Warning: Works Up to 110 kph. It will display a warning at the side of the screen if a car is approaching from the left or right side and if it is about to cross your driving path. If a collision is imminent a warning sound will be issued.

Head-Up Display: Basically what it sounds like. It shows the speed, collision warnings, and current RPM. The head-up display which can be turned on or off in the driver assistance menu.

PDC (Park Distance Control):
Displays the distance to the cars around and beeps, just like you'd expect a PDC to do!

Heavy Impact Detection: When an impact with high forces is detected, the car will automatically apply the brakes until the car is at a standstill to avoid secondary collisions, for example with traffic ahead after being rear-ended.

Gearbox: This is exactly what it sounds like. This gearbox comes with a comfort and a sport setting. Unlike Live for Speeds gearbox, the car will shift down like a “normal” car would in real life. When suddenly flooring the throttle, kick down mode will be engaged and the car immediately shifts down into the gear that can deliver the most power at the current speed. Currently only working with 6-speed-cars.

Emergency Stop Assist: If set, the car will try to detect an inattentive driver. If a dangerous situation occurs while the driver is not paying attention, for example when fallen asleep, the car will take over, try to stay within the current lane, and slowly bring the vehicle to a standstill. Below approx. 40 kph, following traffic, is warned via hazard lights. Audible warning tones will sound until the driver reacts again. The car will try to move into the outer lane or toward the outer side of the current lane when coming to a standstill. The driver can override the system at any time.

Lane Departure Warning: If a road with lane lines is detected (only Westhill and Blackwood, more tracks supported soon), the car will warn you if you are slowly drifting out of the lane. If you do not pay attention, the car will apply a corrective steering input. This system might also trigger the Emergency Stop Assist if you do not react.

Advanced Cop Aid System: If your roleplay status is detected as "Cop" and you join or start a chase, the PACT Driving Assistant will determine the target and display helpful information such as their speed below the HUD. The siren will be turned on and off automatically.

Later (V9+):
Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: If engaged, the car will maintain the set speed. If a car in front is detected, the car will automatically slow down accordingly and accelerate back up to the set speed as soon as possible.

Lane Keeping Assist: The lane-keeping assist can be activated when traveling below 100 kph and on roads with corners having a maximum angle of 25°. The car will try to travel in the middle of the detected lane. This, however, can only be considered an assistant. The car will require you to put your hands onto your controller after 10 seconds if it doesn't detect your presence. The driver remains in control of the vehicle at all times.

Oncoming Traffic Warning: This warning will be issued if the car detects that you are heading towards oncoming traffic on the same street, for example when not paying attention.

Traffic Jam Assist: When traveling behind another car at speed of up to 40 kph, the car will stay in its lane and keep a safe distance. No driver intervention is required. As soon as higher speed is reached, the system will prompt you to take over within 5 seconds. If you do not react, the car will come to a complete standstill in its lane.

Changelogs:
V8.1->V8.2:
-Mayor Bugfixes
-New Light Assist now with automatic indicator turnoff.
-New Advanced Cop Aid System.

V8->V8.1:
-Minor Bugfixes
-New Siren button when playing as a cop. No need for TC Lights anymore Smile.

V7.5->V8:
-New warning distances
-Overhauled cross-traffic warning
-Added Lane Departure Warning
-Added Emergency Stop Assist
-Some changes to wheel support

V7.2->V7.5:
-The preliminary warning will now precondition the brakes for a possible full emergency stop.
-The brakes can be applied autonomously, even when using a wheel as a controller.
-Warning distance when the car in front is braking is now much more accurate.

V7.0->V7.2:
-Visual warnings look much better now
-The warning distance is now even more math, but you gut much less unnecessary warnings
-You can actually start the program together with lfs, you don't have to wait until your on track anymore: The program will restart automatically if the connection to lfs is lost; problem solved Smile

V6.0->V7.0:
-Basically everything is a little better now.
-New warnings sounds, that aren't so annoying. (Old ones can still be used)
-New acute blind-spot warning, with a warning sound when you are steering towards a car in your blind spot and a collision is very likely.
-PDC is much better now.

V5.2->V6.0:
-Added a tutorial at first start.
-Literally completely overhauled the collision warning.
-Some settings are now customizable via set.txt file.

V5.0 -> V5.2:
-Fixed an issue with the collision warning in V5.0
-You can now activate and deactivate the assistance systems via an assistance menu.

V4.0 -> V5.0:
-The System needs fewer data to determine if warnings are needed now. It's much more stable.
-Many fixes concerning the collision and cross-traffic warning.
-Beta PDC (Park distance control)

V3.5 -> V4.0:
-Many bugfixes and a more accurate collision warning
-New auto-gearbox with two shifting modes!

V3.2 -> V3.5:
-Added a preliminary warning. This is helpful to optimize your reaction time.
-The program now works much better on low-end PC's, because it needs much less data than before.

V3.1 -> V3.2:
-New Cop Mode, the car will now try to determine whether you are a cop and not give you collision warnings as a cop. All other warnings work as usual.

V2.5 -> V3.1:
-The program is now a .exe, not a .py anymore!

V2.4 -> V2.5:
-Fixed an issue with the indicators, causing them to not turn off after the rear-end collision prevention was triggered.
-Minor changes to the warning distance.

V2.3 -> 2.4:
-Fixed issues with the indicators.
-Fixed issues with false warnings for cars on bridges.
-Improvements to the rear end thing were made.
-Added the cross-traffic warning.
-Minor improvements to the blind spot warning were made.

V2 -> V2.3:
-Added the Rear-End Collision Prevention
-The program now considers the heading for the collision warning which means you don't get false warnings for oncoming traffic now anymore.
-Many false warnings caused by considering the false car were being fixed now.

V1 -> V2:
-Added the Blind Spot Warning.
-The program now considers more than one car for the warning
-Mayor improvements too the Collision warning were made.
-Several new warning sounds were added.

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Huski - 2018-11-08 18:48

Could this not be compiled to .exe?

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2018-11-08 18:58

Well many things are possible... If I am not to lazy to do it is the other question XD

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Grizz - 2018-11-08 21:59

Good Job, that program is good for new COPS or NORMAL PLAYERS, nice program skills btw.

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Huski - 2018-11-08 23:29

(2018-11-08 18:58)Ingame Wrote:  Well many things are possible... If I am not to lazy to do it is the other question XD

pretty sure compiling in python isn't hard. But I know some people (like me) won't go and get python just for this.

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2018-11-10 08:09

(2018-11-08 23:29)Huski Wrote:  
(2018-11-08 18:58)Ingame Wrote:  Well many things are possible... If I am not to lazy to do it is the other question XD

pretty sure compiling in python isn't hard. But I know some people (like me) won't go and get python just for this.

Well i guess there will be an update one day where its an .exe but for now, while testing wehter others have many problems with it python seems to be enough... Although its not much work to just download python, once its set up you can just start the collision warning every single time just like a normal program Smile

(2018-11-08 21:59)mihawk Wrote:  Good Job, that program is good for new COPS or NORMAL PLAYERS, nice program skills btw.

Thank you very much! With the next update there will also be a "Cop" version, where the collision warning can be turned off, so that it doesnt get annoying in chase Smile

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2018-11-10 13:15

Hello guys!

Since I really try to listen to you when it comes to suggestions here is an update with .exe files... NO difficult installation needed anymore, only thing you still have to do is configure outgauge Smile!

Thanks to Huski for the suggestion. If you have any, let me know!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/21rbubyj8i8bqmj/Version_3.1.zip/file

Have fun with the update!

Spoiler alert:
With the next update there will be an option for cops to turn off the collision warning Smile!

Edit:
BTW GUYS, IGNORE THE VERSION IT SAYS WHEN STARTING, JUST ME NOT PAYING ATTENTION WHEN TESTING XD!

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2018-11-15 17:56

Hello!

It's me again with a new update.
I am proud to introduce "Cop Mode". The car will not give collision warnings to cops anymore. Before, it could get pretty annoying in chases. Make sure to check out our youtube channel to get the latest updates on the PACT Driving Assistant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grUDC0Sa7PU

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mreahvq70oyzb7/Version_3.2.rar/file

If you have suggestions or trouble installing, hit me up on discord!

Good Night everyone!

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ephwurd - 2018-11-15 19:58

Nice work, keep going on Smile

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - S L A V R - 2018-11-17 22:27

We need Cruise control orders that we hope to see soon with the release of the new update

https://d3vl3jxeh4ou3u.cloudfront.net/cruise%20controls.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJNCWKHG7HVI6CO4A&Expires=2081372999&Signature=QgXlpTDgG1SssW5blDmwe1ieQ1w%3D Special menu Left or right side with increase or minus in speed
As well as Pensher I am a publisher, God willing

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2018-12-08 18:13

The new Version is here! Check out the explanation Video on our yt channel for more details!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5Haz3kM-c

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gfUK6MIrgsBQY3GJ4BWDKnblRj5tS667

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2018-12-10 17:04

Quick little fix for the release from a few days ago is out now. You shouldnt have any problems now while starting Smile

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - bowler - 2018-12-10 18:58

GREAT WORK !!!!!!! nice to see your skills coming out here mate good luck on all future programs Smile

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ingame - 2019-04-14 12:43

Hey! New Version 5 is out now! I hope you all have a great Easter Time! It contains many bugfixes and some new features!
PDC (Park Distance Control is also included as a beta! Next update will improve it!)

Guide Video Link: https://youtu.be/G7xLSmdYQoQ
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kvo4j1dqj7ktxul/PACT_Driving_Assistant_V5.rar/file

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - GT4tube - 2019-04-15 15:32

Next Cruise speed limit mode! pls

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Rasmus - 2019-04-16 18:52

Should all the files be put into LFS Main directory cuz i cant make it work?

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Ras - 2019-04-16 20:04

How do you make the automatic gearbox work? What gear mode should it be in LFS? Missing a little details on how to use it Smile

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Rasmus - 2019-04-16 20:11

(2019-04-16 20:04)Ras Wrote:  How do you make the automatic gearbox work? What gear mode should it be in LFS? Missing a little details on how to use it Smile

Yeah i thought the same

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - Tingle - 2019-04-16 23:06

This is pretty cool...

RE: PACT Driving Assistant - bowler - 2019-04-17 07:03

TC RAS...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xLSmdYQoQ it explains how the gear feature works its pretty good im sure u will like it