[TC] Gaming Forums
PC running out of memory - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: PC running out of memory (/showthread.php?tid=30526)

Pages: 1 2

RE: PC running out of memory - Chuck - 2019-01-10 07:59

When its acting up again, try making a screenshot of the "Details" tab of the task manager. But be sure to add some more columns regarding the memory. (rightlick on the column header). Especially the "Commit Size" is important.

RE: PC running out of memory - Ras - 2019-01-11 16:28

(2019-01-10 07:59)Chuck Wrote:  When its acting up again, try making a screenshot of the "Details" tab of the task manager. But be sure to add some more columns regarding the memory. (rightlick on the column header). Especially the "Commit Size" is important.
[Image: rthwrrthjwtrjwj.png]

RE: PC running out of memory - Chuck - 2019-01-11 16:35

Is it really acting up right now? The commit size doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. The amount of bloatware running on your system, however, is quite terrifying.

RE: PC running out of memory - Adorable - 2019-01-11 18:28

You've got 2 antiviruses running simultaneously, Windows defender, avguard -> Avira (isn't Avira very old and built for Windows XP?) AFAIK, that cause some serious issues like high memory usage, crashes etc...

Have a read: https://www.quora.com/Does-having-2-antivirus-software-slow-my-system

You can try removing Avira, windows defender is good enough.

RE: PC running out of memory - Brendon - 2019-01-11 22:08

@Bez My PC idles at around 1,5 Gb. Max. used memory in my case which I actually checked was 80% of my RAM (around 3,2GB used) while playing GTA 5.. Also should keep in mind that I don't run anything in the background (except Discord) and I turned auto- start of every application off. Absolutely agree on DDR2 is shit W00t but damn this PC costs for me with all of it's components around 30€ atm, and yay I can run all PC games I ever wanted on it finally with some decent graphics, for everything other there is my PS4. lol May when I manage to get the motivation to get some money for a little bit better PC build, I will buy a new motherboard. Until then, this is absolutely fine. Smile But thanks for the tip buddy, will be the next thing to do on this thing then.. Thumbup

@Herjoe I thought you gimme some alcohol and not motherboard, see you soon Mad

I just tried to help, but seems like in my case it was my absolutely obsolete DDR2. Good luck

RE: PC running out of memory - kxait - 2019-01-12 16:32

(2019-01-11 16:28)Ras Wrote:  [img ]https://i.postimg.cc/K8qJvTfR/rthwrrthjwtrjwj.png[/img]
why do you have an instance of nodejs running?
you've got a shitton of trash running, like antiviruses and manufacturer bloatware, but that node exe is really suspicious to me, you sure it's not malware?

RE: PC running out of memory - Ras - 2019-02-01 22:54

So none of what was suggested was causing it.

TCLights is the cause of the mess i found out. As soon as i shut TCLights down it goes back to normal, so it wasn't actually LFS itself.

node.exe is related to Adobe according to Google. Nothing suspicious there.

I've always used Avira and no it's not an old program. I've always been happy with it. No Windows Defender running, it's all Avira.

RE: PC running out of memory - Chuck - 2019-02-02 07:14

Looks like Elmo produced a memory leak then....

RE: PC running out of memory - Adorable - 2019-02-02 10:57

The question would be why it's only happening in Ras's PC then.