[TC] Gaming Forums
Westhill Retro - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Westhill Retro (/showthread.php?tid=31270)

Pages: 1 2

Westhill Retro - Chuck - 2019-05-19 09:40

So many of you had the opportunity to test-drive TC's classic
version of Westhill.

[Image: 9lrO0mh.jpg]

We'd like to hear how you liked it and what you think how we should continue with this version.

Please also check out the poll.

RE: Westhill Retro - Barney - 2019-05-19 09:51

Kind of interesting, brings back some meories and some variety.
But in my opinion overall a bit boring to have it on permanent. i'd vote to only have it on every now and then for a day or two. Was kind of disappointed to have it on to the start of WE and the whole weekend.

RE: Westhill Retro - S L A V R - 2019-05-19 13:11

http://prntscr.com/nqiw0h http://prntscr.com/nqiwqg like this picture http://prntscr.com/nqiy1e

RE: Westhill Retro - Titan - 2019-05-19 13:23

what is with first map CAR Park ? this is retro Wink

RE: Westhill Retro - Sadie - 2019-05-19 15:32

https://imgur.com/a/Kce5B1S

Should be made more retro, good idea though. I like it.

RE: Westhill Retro - GT4tube - 2019-05-19 16:06

AT 5:02!

RE: Westhill Retro - Josh - 2019-05-20 20:34

Shame I missed it, I like the idea and having it an alternate rotation would be nice perhaps.

Bring back retro Montana I say.

RE: Westhill Retro - Joe - 2019-05-21 08:25

Retro SO - Sydney would be great.

RE: Westhill Retro - Dizzle - 2019-06-08 12:56

Just now voting since Ive just played retro today, its cool, but bored after 15 minutes.

RE: Westhill Retro - Bez - 2019-06-08 20:14

Tried today and I'm sad that the layout isn't actually retro. Weird triangle-bouts,
Cattle Market is messed up, the speed limits are off from the original and pits are two ways.

Nice try though. /MellowThumbup1

RE: Westhill Retro - Marty - 2019-06-08 21:31

(2019-06-08 20:14)Bez Wrote:  Tried today and I'm sad that the layout isn't actually retro. Weird triangle-bouts,
Cattle Market is messed up, the speed limits are off from the original and pits are two ways.

Well, you have to becasue otherwise the inside part of Westhill is not accessible anymore.

RE: Westhill Retro - Bez - 2019-06-09 00:04

(2019-06-08 21:31)Marty Wrote:  Well, you have to becasue otherwise the inside part of Westhill is not accessible anymore.

There was no inside track on the Retro Westhill.. That's the point.

RE: Westhill Retro - BP - 2019-06-09 08:15

(2019-06-08 20:14)Bez Wrote:  Tried today and I'm sad that the layout isn't actually retro. Weird triangle-bouts,

You may be interested in coming online and trying it again.

RE: Westhill Retro - THE WIZARD DK - 2019-06-09 09:36

heres a small suggestion to the second retro track. im thinking to use the back roads as pit stop places and/or HOME. this is only a lyt to show you what i mean by the changes made. one pit stop i just copied and placed from above. obviously that needs levelling out.
just made it fast to show my point with it. if using the back exits form main track for pits/HOME, there could be more objects in use on track for scenery is the thought behind. and also it would bring a little extra dust road and breaking of driving many hours to have these long exits to pits etc.

well its just an idea really. if you like any of it use as you like.
https://nofile.io/f/ArqWzDebX3q/WE1Y_TC+retro+2_w-Edit.lyt

EDIT: in general i like the idea of having different layouts on tracks.
it gives a slightly different feel and gives different kinds of action on server i think.
i also think some of those made people dont like so much should be implemented, so you,
as in real life not always drive on roads you "like" to drive on.
i think more stuff like cranes and road works would be great too see aswell.
all in all i think the whole thing is a good idea. brings good variation to tracks Smile

would like to see :
more bridges and/or tunnels.
more road construction machinery like cranes and half built houses.
arches across track(perhaps with TC writing on it)
close pass by´s,meaning poles or walls on places you normally wouldnt see them,maybe even getting really close to pass to the car.
better use of maps, like the suggestion here with pit stops/backroads.

RE: Westhill Retro - Bez - 2019-06-09 20:56

(2019-06-09 08:15)BP Wrote:  You may be interested in coming online and trying it again.

Edited my vote. The layout actually feels like Retro Westhill. Great job guys!

RE: Westhill Retro - Petsu - 2019-06-09 21:52

Yep, the edited version feels good. I miss old vincent way, plunge and balders mound tho Sad

RE: Westhill Retro - Chuck - 2019-06-10 04:59

The whole track is just a lot bigger than the old one, but ironically some roads have become more narrow now. But that is as close as it can get.

RE: Westhill Retro - Chuck - 2019-06-10 17:14

Updated road config according to the original map (shown above):
-Removed OOB roads
-Added "The Plunge" road section, between Northfields and Balders Mound
-Truck-Stop, Sand Pit and Cattle Market are 100kph now (was 80 before)
-added "Road no nowhere", covering the bridge

RE: Westhill Retro - Ghutra - 2019-06-10 17:42

What about having Westhill Retro on December and January, and the normal Westhill-Cruise the rest of the year?. Like a Xmas-New Year special kind of thing.

RE: Westhill Retro - Josh - 2019-06-10 17:48

A 10 month gap is too far stretched out, especially for those that may not be able to play over the Christmas period. People would have to wait a year for the Retro track to be playable if they missed it.

I think mixing it up with the other variations of Westhill is the best way to keep it fair.