[TC] Gaming Forums
[Code 1] Auto-banned for using VPN - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [Code 1] Auto-banned for using VPN (/showthread.php?tid=31872)

Auto-banned for using VPN - Underi - 2019-09-21 20:06

Tried to join today and it said server refused connection. Asked about it on discord and turns out it's a "code 1" which means account fraud due to moving countries. Haven't moved anywhere, but I use a VPN. Afaik the VPN is set to only connect to Finnish servers as I am from Finland too and this allows for the lowest ping. I don't know if the VPN f'ed up and connected somewhere else and if it did I don't know where, but my real IP is from Finland. If it means anything I tried connecting with both VPN and without VPN at around 22.45 UTC+3 to both servers, dunno if it gets logged. Please tell me the "other country" if you can. Ty!

P.S My oldest records from like 2012 and 2018 should be Finnish too.

RE: Auto-banned for using VPN - Gaz - 2019-09-21 20:20

Seems like our server decided you were in Eckerö in Åland.. Tongue

Maybe that's a problem with our IP lookup, but it might be useful for you to set Åland as your "holiday country" just in case it happens again.

I've unbanned you, but haven't unlocked the country just so it stays as Finland.

Maybe wait a few minutes for the system to catch up.

Your account has been unlocked and will be unbanned shortly.

Please respond to this thread in future cases of Code 1 bans or country changes rather than posting a new thread. This will help administrators swiftly deal with any further cases.

If you find yourself frequently travelling between two locations or are going on holiday, you can now enable Holiday Mode right from [TC] World. Holiday Mode will enable you to connect to our [TC] Gaming servers from another nominated country without getting a 'Code 1' ban.

Login to [TC] World > My Account to enable this feature!

NOTE: To login to [TC] World, you will need to use your LFS username and the password you set in-game, using the !password command.

RE: Auto-banned for using VPN - Underi - 2019-09-21 20:26

Alright thanks. It's weird though, Åland is commonly seen as a part of Finland, despite it being autonomous.