[TC] Gaming Forums
Lose money become rescue. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Lose money become rescue. (/showthread.php?tid=32111)

Lose money become rescue. - Grizz - 2019-11-29 20:35

A long time ago I realized something that bothers me a lot. When you are playing as CIVIL you lose money if you go above the speed limit. But one thing I don't find very interesting is that you lose money while playing as a ransom, even when in Call.

My idea is that you do not lose money while on SOS calls as redemption.
It is very basic, however, in my view very necessary.

RE: Lose money become rescue. - BP - 2019-11-29 20:58

This has been discussed at length in the past.

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=16424

I vote no because:

(2015-03-10 07:03)Chuck Wrote:  [...] you can already go 30% over the indicated limit without losing anything.
[...] you're allowed to rush, but not to race. And that's what I suspect is going to happen here.

(2015-09-19 01:09)Elmo Wrote:  MED/RES can speed without losing money up to ~30% over the speed limit.

The speed limits are generally calibrated so it's reasonably safe for a good driver to do up to 30% over, provided you have your wits about you.
MED/RES must drive with care and attention at all times and for the most part going over the 30% leeway is careless.

RE: Lose money become rescue. - Kikou - 2019-11-30 17:08

personally i say no

we can always send to respond at speed limit anyways (it not that easy to failed to respond anyways)

RE: Lose money become rescue. - Ghutra - 2019-11-30 22:23

I prefer as it is now, plus what BP quoted.

RE: Lose money become rescue. - Seven - 2019-11-30 23:17

-1 for the same reasons stated above. I play a lot of MED and I find that sticking to the 30% leeway not only prevents accidents (since when do you ever see an Ambulance IRL absolutely flying anyway), but also means if I do lose any money going over on the open empty roads is usually negated by the majority that donate anyway.

RE: Lose money become rescue. - Moonlight.Neko - 2019-12-01 03:05

Thumbdown

By law in most North American areas states that an emergency vehicle can go 20 over posted speed

In-game, 30% higher than posted is a great leeway. I usually stick about 20 over to play it safe.

For that, its a big fat Thumbdown from the Catto.

RE: Lose money become rescue. - Yukine - 2019-12-01 14:01

Not a lot of people can drive quickly. With the amount of new people trying themself at rescues roleplay roles.. I feel like it's the latest rampart before chaos.

Except for a few roads like Western Highway, you don't usually lose a lot of money.
Speeding or not is a choice, depending on the quality of your work you often get the same and/or more via donations.

-1 from me.