[TC] Gaming Forums
Suggestion: When user changes driver to [COP] keep wanted level. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Suggestion: When user changes driver to [COP] keep wanted level. (/showthread.php?tid=32325)

Suggestion: When user changes driver to [COP] keep wanted level. - Misterviin - 2020-02-04 20:52

Hello
So, today i had that idea that when user changes driver to [COP] and back to remove wanted level, I think wanted level should be kept instead, because i saw a player doing this just in front of me, i saw him wanted had no time to react, he changed user, boom wanted level gone. This shouldnt be abused is my opinion.

RE: Suggestion: When user changes driver to [COP] keep wanted level. - Marty - 2020-02-04 21:02

As far as I know a COP can never be chased, so I am not sure if that can be changed.
Dont think Insim can prohibit people changing names/roles while they are still wanted.
Did you report it to a TC member, if any were online?

RE: Suggestion: When user changes driver to [COP] keep wanted level. - Gaz - 2020-02-04 21:04

(2020-02-04 20:52)Misterviin Wrote:  [..] saw him wanted had no time to react, he changed user, boom wanted level gone. This shouldnt be abused is my opinion.

Just to clarify: doing such a thing is classed as InSim abuse (against rule 1.10) and is definitely not allowed and should absolutely be reported as Marty has already said.

It could be interesting to "pause" it while they are a [COP] and then reapply it if/when they change back, but the problem that would arise in my opinion is that after some time then the thing that they were originally wanted for would be completely irrelevant.

RE: Suggestion: When user changes driver to [COP] keep wanted level. - Misterviin - 2020-02-04 22:03

What about that: When wanted user changes to cop to avoid wanted level, a warning message would show on screen, that avoiding wanted level that way is not allowed, to discourage players from doing that.

RE: Suggestion: When user changes driver to [COP] keep wanted level. - Raphi - 2020-02-05 15:48

(2020-02-04 22:03)Misterviin Wrote:  What about that: When wanted user changes to cop to avoid wanted level, a warning message would show on screen, that avoiding wanted level that way is not allowed, to discourage players from doing that.

It will discourage nobody. It has been said enough that doing this kind of move to avoid being chased is not allowed, even prior to the new feature, when people were spec'ing as soon as they got lasered.
What we'd need is people respecting the rules, and if they don't, harser punishments...