[TC] Gaming Forums
DayZ - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: DayZ (/showthread.php?tid=3281)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: DayZ - Savy - 2012-12-02 16:18

Mikee is bored of crashing cars, hes now into taking down bridges

RE: DayZ - Jedi - 2012-12-02 16:34

LMAO Smile
Im on server now, even though ive played this map before its taking some getting used to, and no official uploaded map to check at the moment i think.

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-02 21:10

Yeah, not having a DayZDB map for second monitor reference could be a pain, how do we get onto Taviana btw? I'g guessing we can't connect directly through Commander?

RE: DayZ - Savy - 2012-12-02 22:31

Commander hasn't got the map yet, so you need to manually install the map then join the server.

RE: DayZ - Leon - 2012-12-03 23:26

I started out in the middle of nowhere dressed as a terrorist and had no idea what direction to travel in. After killing Mikee, I ran for what felt like half an eternity and finally came to a town and was joyful that my misery now had come to an end. Unfortunately, my joy was short lived as I learned that there was absolutely nothing of interest there, so I continued my journey. While I was running through the fields next to the tow, a Hilux pulled up on the road and observed me for a while as I gracefully danced through the grassy fields with my hatchet. Then the motherfucker started chasing me! I ran around trying to get away from the asshole, but an open field doesn't provide much cover and he eventually ran me over, leaving me with broken legs and a massive loss of blood. I crawled into the town nearby and found another guy and begged him to kill me, which he then did.

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-08 04:10

I'm pro with a AKS74 Kobra.

Mikee is a pro at dying, and blowing our valuable stuff up.

Cocopops is a *Removed* who hides stuff

Did I mention Mikee is awesome at dying? He's also very skilled in confusing props on the server with legitimate vehicles.

If you reverse a car into Leon it sends him flying a long way.

RE: DayZ - Nipper - 2012-12-08 16:06

Spawned in the ocean haha.

Once I got on land I just started wasting some ammo in zombies, had plenty though.

About an hour later I ended up taking refuge in a church to gun down all my pursuers I had collected along the way. (Click to View)

RE: DayZ - Sinoco - 2012-12-08 16:15

Quite an ironic picture to say the least lol. Hope you had fun atleast. Tongue

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-09 14:15

Awwwh, they're all praying...

Looking like you could use a bite to eat, plenty of fresh meat behind you!

RE: DayZ - Nipper - 2012-12-09 17:14

Yeah lol, need drink too soon from the looks of it, didn't even look in game. I wait til they start flashing before I use a consumable.

Didn't notice 8 hero kills either, I didn't even see another player? Did those stats carry over from chernarus too?

But in chernarus obviously there was no "debug" box anymore so.. oops?

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-09 18:00

Probably a glitch? 8 heroes killed but your humanity is 3k? Tongue

I usually just drink or eat whenever I find eat, needed or not, and keep a few in my pack.

RE: DayZ - railker - 2012-12-10 01:51

Saw this thread booming and had to check out this game. Think I'm gonna wait for the Standalone version, but have to say I really love the concept, pretty epic sounding game. We'll see if my patience holds out or I just go about and get the game to get my fix XD

RE: DayZ - Savy - 2012-12-10 01:56

Well the standalone isn't too far away but its a great game to play and even better when you've a group of people to play it with, nothing better than having wars with other teams on a server and setting up ambushes for each other Biggrin

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-10 02:06

Or killing Mikee in new and inventive ways

RE: DayZ - Sinoco - 2012-12-10 02:31

(2012-12-10 01:51)railker Wrote:  Saw this thread booming and had to check out this game. Think I'm gonna wait for the Standalone version, but have to say I really love the concept, pretty epic sounding game. We'll see if my patience holds out or I just go about and get the game to get my fix XD

Well, if you read the latest Dev report (November), it is a bit shaky. I would not wait, just get it. Arma 2 is an amazing game as well, that I honestly think anybody who enjoys any kind of shooting game can enjoy. I'm not really sure what they mean by this 2012/early 2013 release date, as they said that they are not working on features yet, just the architecture. Just get the game and join the gang. We have clans invading our server and mocking us at the same time (though we may have conquered them).

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-10 15:18

Although currently we don't because the server is a bit squiffy

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-10 15:48

But to add to what Cocopops said, get Arma 2 and download DayZ commander to get the mod, it is well worth it for the time being. Part of the game in it current form is the excitement of playing it like it is, not knowing what's abotu to happen and having to combat bugs and stuff.

The Dev blog looks awesome though, some of the changes and what they trying to do with it all makes it look like the standalone is just going to be a massive improved, more stable version of what we currently have. And all the talk about Steams co-operation, with VAC (a much more stable anti cheat engine than BattlEye) and the whole process of launching through Steam (and the fact that Steam makes it so muche asier and more effective to find friends playing the game and even talk through steam, and the access you can have to browsers ingame via Shift+Tab in Steam launched games). Really excited Smile

RE: DayZ - Nipper - 2012-12-10 15:49

Killing zombies is 95% of the fun for me, ammo is not nearly as rare as the dayz forums make it out to be, hell the entire game is a lot different to the way the dayz forums make it out to be lol.

So yeah, grab a gun, help put down this infected horde.

No fun sneaking around all the damn time.

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-10 15:53

Aye, it is usually possible to find ammo, or if not ammo, then another gun provided you're willing to take a couple of risks and check out some buildings.

Killing zombies is good fun, but the biggest thrill is taking out people when they try to ambush you, you just turn around a corner, find someone aiming a gun at you and just unleash bullets at them

RE: DayZ - Nipper - 2012-12-10 16:36

Oh aye, when I first started playing dayz player killing was very tense and fun, recently I've found myself not caring about other players, and a lot of the time I play I am just thinking to myself, I should suicide, cos the beginning is the challenge.

Once you're equipped, game over, essentially.
Once you have hunting gear, you can live in a forest til the end of dayz.

It certainly has lost it's spark for me though, roll on standalone, hopefully that is different enough to have that "new game" feel once more.