[TC] Gaming Forums
DayZ - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: DayZ (/showthread.php?tid=3281)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-10 16:48

One of the exciting things I saw about standalone was the way they're re-doing the game and particularly the behaviour of the AI's

" If this heavy optimization is as successful as it would rationally seem to be on paper, then we will be limited on player numbers not by performance, but map design."

That would make it MUCH more exciting, if you had 100 people running around in Cherno, chances are you're going to end up running into someone, making it much more exciting.

I personally don't hunt down other players on my own, but that's usually the main aim of being in a squad, to get better gear.

The game can be more exciting with better equipment as there is more potential to do things, and raids can be really run, as can gunfights, but I've been playing recently with an AKS74 Kobra and almost preferring it to having an M16A4 ACOG, with a DMR in my pack, because you feel like you don't have as much to lose and are thus willing to take more risks.

It's possible to survive forever provided you find enough rabbits and a near a water pump, with just a hatchet, hunting knife, matches and water bottle, but where is the fun in that Tongue Running into populated and potentially dangerous areas is one of the most exciting risks Laugh

RE: DayZ - Nipper - 2012-12-10 19:29

I don't know where they are yet in Taviana Sad

RE: DayZ - Street - 2012-12-11 00:49

Another player kill tonight, this one a bit of a *Removed* move, especially when I checked the corpse to find basically nothing of massive value to me. Came back in at the checkpoint, ran to Postoyna where I found a Datsun, drove that for about 30 seconds into Sabina where I promptly crashed into a barrier that turned out to be more solid than it looked, got out, heard gunshots from the south and the north, but was blocked in on the west side so started running north thinking "*Removed* it", saw some dude with aggro'd zombies getting chased into a shop (presumably the gunshots from the north came from him), but was fed up of leaving people be then coming back to have it bite me in the ass as I ran away from them, so (he was unaware of my presence), switched my Kobra to full and popped him from about 70m.

RE: DayZ - railker - 2012-12-11 01:53

I might go about and try getting Arma 2, then. The one thing that I like about DayZ is the sense of realism. Except for the zombies that can damn near teleport to you to attack you, it seems by videos. I'm fine with zombies running, but srsly ... they're ridiculous. A little. IDFK.

Even with bugs, I think I'm gonna have fun with it. Especially bombing around in a jeep or a heli. Nothing attracts attention like that. =P If I wanted to just shoot things, I'd go back to gathering player kills on SWAT4. Shooting someone from across a field when they have no idea where you are is fun because you can, and scary because someone else could be watching you from another hill at the same time. Just epic all around.

Isn't the average lifespan of a player somewhere around 4 hours?

RE: DayZ - Sinoco - 2012-12-11 02:15

An hour and 9 minutes. http://dayzmod.com Wink

Come join in on the fun... we are currently getting challenged by an opposing group on our server and we need more manpower! Biggrin

RE: DayZ - Savy - 2012-12-11 03:14

Well the zombies teleporting isn't too bad anymore, you'll get one teleporting ever now and again but apart from that they're pretty easy to kill once you learn their movement.

RE: DayZ - railker - 2012-12-11 04:22

(2012-12-11 02:15)Sinoco Wrote:  An hour and 9 minutes. http://dayzmod.com Wink

Come join in on the fun... we are currently getting challenged by an opposing group on our server and we need more manpower! Biggrin

Tried playing. Server lists are retarded and yours wasn't up, unless the number's changed since first 10 pages of this thread. Not sure if I can, anyway, my poor laptop's fan is screamin' like a jet engine and the graphics are sluggish and jumpy, can't hit shit with anything playing like that =(

RE: DayZ - Sinoco - 2012-12-11 12:16

(2012-12-11 04:22)railker Wrote:  
(2012-12-11 02:15)Sinoco Wrote:  An hour and 9 minutes. http://dayzmod.com Wink

Tried playing. Server lists are retarded and yours wasn't up, unless the number's changed since first 10 pages of this thread. Not sure if I can, anyway, my poor laptop's fan is screamin' like a jet engine and the graphics are sluggish and jumpy, can't hit *Removed* with anything playing like that =(

The numbers have changed; our IP is 37.130.229.228:3102, and we our a DayZ Taviana server. If you don't have DayZ Commander, you should probably get that as it makes it a lot easier. If you have Skype add me "sinocian", and I can help you get setup. There are a lot of graphics tweaks that you can find in this thread as well (or I can show you) that will help alot with the lag.

RE: DayZ - railker - 2012-12-12 01:15

Yeah, I saw that. Busy tonight, but I'll download DayZ Commander at least. Used the SixSomething program to install the mod and update -- saw the list of all the different areas like Taviana, do I have to install those separately? Sleep

Also, I'd love those guides on how to cut down on lag, might just squeeze me by. I dunno, though. DayZ 'Minimum' requirements and my computer's hardware don't quiiiite match up. My gaming computer was high up back in 2007. Processor and Graphics both might not be up to par.

Quote:Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM

My Computer:
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 9500M GS

Not sure how upgradeable this Asus G1Sn is, though. Or if it's worth it when I'm looking at doing a custom build something in the near future to up my gaming power.

RE: DayZ - Blade3562 - 2012-12-14 06:56

Every day getting closer to wanting to play, but I have no spending cash still doh lol

RE: DayZ - Jedi - 2012-12-14 12:13

Had a good laugh watching this one, ending is especially funny Tongue

RE: DayZ - Savy - 2012-12-14 16:11

Not too sure how many of you have seen this, but I only seen it for the first time yesterday and the ideas he says here for the standalone sounds amazing.

RE: DayZ - Blade3562 - 2012-12-14 20:36

I just like driving haha how hard is it to locate them?

RE: DayZ - railker - 2012-12-15 21:34

Want to learn to fly the Huey like this in-game, but can't figure out how to find it single-player style, and too impatient to find an airfield on an empty server =P plus still the problem with lagginess.

RE: DayZ - Jedi - 2012-12-19 23:41

Merry Christmas Smile
The 12 DayZ of Christmas sung by some of my favourite DayZ youtubers and streamers.

RE: DayZ - SLiiDE - 2012-12-21 20:09

(2012-12-15 21:34)railker Wrote:  Want to learn to fly the Huey like this in-game, but can't figure out how to find it single-player style, and too impatient to find an airfield on an empty server =P plus still the problem with lagginess.

Ive got a mission file that lets you start a server (With only you in it if you like) and spawns you at NWAF with most of the helicopters/planes in Arma2. If you want it drop me a PM

RE: DayZ - Johan. - 2012-12-21 21:04

There's also a training-ground thing within Arma itself where you are able to use every piece of equipment in the game.

RE: DayZ - railker - 2012-12-22 02:38

Yeah, found the Single Player mod. Love the Huey to death. XDDD

Also, with what you people know probably being more than what I know about tech ... is it possible that my framerate lag is caused not by my CPU (The "Activity" light isn't on all the time when I'm playing), but by the fact I'm on a laptop connected wirelessly to my internet? I don't have a cable to really test that theory reliably, would have to go buy one. Willing to try it if that could be a plausible cause that would solve my lag ... or is it a "nope, it's your CPU" sort of answer? Whatevs. Would really like to avoid buying a new computer.

RE: DayZ - Sinoco - 2012-12-22 02:58

(2012-12-22 02:38)railker Wrote:  Yeah, found the Single Player mod. Love the Huey to death. XDDD

Also, with what you people know probably being more than what I know about tech ... is it possible that my framerate lag is caused not by my CPU (The "Activity" light isn't on all the time when I'm playing), but by the fact I'm on a laptop connected wirelessly to my internet? I don't have a cable to really test that theory reliably, would have to go buy one. Willing to try it if that could be a plausible cause that would solve my lag ... or is it a "nope, it's your CPU" sort of answer? Whatevs. Would really like to avoid buying a new computer.

Have you looked through the thread at some of the Arma 2 performance fixes? Some of the tips really help, they're somewhere near the beginning of the thread.

And to our server. We have switched back to Chernarus. All players have been moved to a vehicle spawn and will have all of their old gear. All vehicle spawns are full because there are only 80 vehicle spawns but we have 150 vehicles on the server, so as soon as a vehicle is moved, one spawns in its place. We are 37.130.229.228:3102, and to the other guys who I have not talked to in ages... hello!

RE: DayZ - railker - 2012-12-22 18:15

I've got a nice setup on a Canadian Chernarus server. Just been hanging around Elektro gathering stuff. Not sure if I love or hate the M16xxM203.

And yus, checked out the performance fixes that I saw. TL;DR. Turned off special features and set 3D resolution to same as game resolution. The ping I get from the servers when I browse them on DayZCommander are between 6 and 50, usually around 12-15.