[TC] Gaming Forums
Background Driving Record - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Background Driving Record (/showthread.php?tid=32978)

Background Driving Record - Kikou - 2020-08-28 03:12

So in many countries, there is this system where the cop is able to check your past driving record (from your first ticket to the last) I was thinking if this system could be added into tc city driving?

How does it work?

If for example User A was pulled over by Cop A For Running a Red Light and was given a warning for the actions he did, it will be automatic be put into a "Driving Record" and will only accessible for only Cops. If User A was to get pulled over for the same offence again his previous record of Location, Time, Action and the officer who pulled the user over will be shown to the officer who initiates the chase.

RE: Background Driving Record - Titan - 2020-08-28 15:37

oh i think it's a very good idea .. this way repeat offenders can be better punished ..

I think I remember the tc had something where you could see it ..

you could see what you paid ..

now you can see every amount at tc world ..

In any case, the idea makes sense .. but think that it would be very expensive to realize this ...

the program should be on the side .. there are a lot of data that the program has to process

RE: Background Driving Record - Yukine - 2020-08-28 18:04

The first thing I had in mind is a 10~30 min list of previous offences appearing somewhere.

Here's a screenshot edit (special thanks to TDS for being the very very wanted suspect).

Edit:
The gameplay on the server is kinda versatile, you can be just out of an hour long pursuit and a couple of minutes later be in a traffic stop paying a 30e fine for careless driving.
I don't think a system that shows your offences in time (e.g. +1 day will be of any benefit).

RE: Background Driving Record - Kikou - 2020-08-29 03:54

Should I add a pole for it ? And see how does it goes ?

RE: Background Driving Record - BP - 2020-08-29 15:00

(2020-08-29 03:54)M1L0 Wrote:  Should I add a pole for it ? And see how does it goes ?

Adding a poll will never hurt.

RE: Background Driving Record - Kikou - 2020-08-29 17:28

poll added

RE: Background Driving Record - Kikou - 2020-08-30 22:38

(2020-08-28 18:04)Yukine Wrote:  The first thing I had in mind is a 10~30 min list of previous offences appearing somewhere.

Here's a screenshot edit (special thanks to TDS for being the very very wanted suspect).

Edit:
The gameplay on the server is kinda versatile, you can be just out of an hour long pursuit and a couple of minutes later be in a traffic stop paying a 30e fine for careless driving.
I don't think a system that shows your offences in time (e.g. +1 day will be of any benefit).

To be honest I really like your design of having the list where is showed that last 30 min of offence but, I was thinking of having the last 3-5 offence the user had done. and will only be reset every day ( UTC 00:00). Before that, I was thinking of having it reset every time the user join the server. but it can lead to in-sim misused and that is when I was thinking of having it being reset everyday instead

RE: Background Driving Record - Cam - 2020-09-13 16:34

If this were to be introduced, then I think further guidance would need to be added to the police guide, rules etc.

I say this because if there is background information available, then cops would have less of an excuse for choosing the inappropriate fine. This is because, by having this information available, there is less need for a cop to form a subjective judgement as to the circumstances of the offence - as the information (perhaps not all) is already there and confirmed by insim.

However, this would largely depend on the accuracy of the background information.

e.g. Committed an offence within the past hour v Committed an offence 2 minutes and 40 seconds ago.