[TC] Gaming Forums
X360 controller Z axis problem - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: X360 controller Z axis problem (/showthread.php?tid=33069)

X360 controller Z axis problem - Marty_Deslions - 2020-10-15 09:43

So have been playing LFS with an Xbox 360 controller for a while now, most of the time automatic tranny (dont hate). But if I were to drive fully manual, I would like to have LT as clutch, and RT as gas pedal. Unfortunately, this seems impossible with the default settings in LFS, since the Left and Right trigger are on the same axis.

Is there anyway to get around this? To have the LT be on a different axis than the RT?

(in beamng drive its not a problem, but this is lfs)

RE: X360 controller Z axis problem - A n a n s i - 2020-10-16 19:25

I believe LFS doesn't recognize the controller inputs by itself, only with an external program (such as InputMapper or DS4Windows)
I've had this problem for a while now, and the only "fix" was using the controller not by bluetooth, but connecting it to the PC with the provided cable (but the connection is horrible with my controller, an off-brand PS4 controller).
If someone has an actual fix, that'd be appreciated.

RE: X360 controller Z axis problem - Marty_Deslions - 2020-10-23 12:56

(2020-10-16 19:25)TheSevenOfClubs Wrote:  I believe LFS doesn't recognize the controller inputs by itself, only with an external program (such as InputMapper or DS4Windows)
I've had this problem for a while now, and the only "fix" was using the controller not by bluetooth, but connecting it to the PC with the provided cable (but the connection is horrible with my controller, an off-brand PS4 controller).
If someone has an actual fix, that'd be appreciated.

ah. thanks.

my x360 controller is cabled.