[TC] Gaming Forums
Heavy Roadblock - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Heavy Roadblock (/showthread.php?tid=33914)

Heavy Roadblock - SIMOX - 2021-09-06 15:50

So TOWs got a bridge thingy to play around with, so i was wondering why not something new for COPs?
Doing roadblocks is usually not worth it on most maps because of how wide the roads are and even then the placeable tyres don't stop the suspect at all if you block the one side with the car and the other with the roadblock.

Normal Roadblock:
[Image: zrnP8zc.gif]

Heavy Roadblock:
[Image: 9qwBzG5.gif]

You can see RB4 with a tank set being flipped. So it works pretty much against anything. Not always, chance is 50/50 or so when driving at high speed.

Original roadblock has 7 objects, the heavy one 14. 9 tyres and 5 fences placed at 45 degree angle as close to each other as possible. Width is similar but if suspect hits it high speed it usually spins them around or like in the example - flips them. You can still drive through it under 100km/h and it won't do much damage, but speeders will have to slow down or get in the wreck.

[Image: MBrbKT7.jpg]

Not advisable to hit it with lighter cars like RAC:

[Image: QhrNLWX.gif]

An example when it just spins you around:
[Image: At5qAW0.gif]

I think these roadblocks would be more powerful as you could block more road alone. So you would be more useful for stopping or at least slowing down those high speed suspects. Could be a buyable item just like a bridge.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Grizz - 2021-09-06 16:34

That's unnecessary imo since in roadblocks we already use our car together to the tires for blocking. More objects = more lag.

That's not a terrible idea, I just think isn't suitable for City Driving.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Clas - 2021-09-06 17:14

(2021-09-06 16:34)Grizzle Wrote:  That's unnecessary imo since in roadblocks we already use our car together to the tires for blocking. More objects = more lag.

That's not a terrible idea, I just think isn't suitable for City Driving.

I dont think you understand how you could use these. With these roadblocks you can set your car perpendicular to the road on one side, setup a roadblock using 4 or 6 and then move to the other side of the road. Effectively blocking the whole road with your car on one side and the roadblock on the other side. With the old tires-roadblock this was kinda useless as the suspect could just drive through the tires with almost no drop in speed.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - M6nsh - 2021-09-06 18:33

nice idea

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Misterviin - 2021-09-06 18:50

Idea is good, but i see a problem. It would cause big amount of damage to suspect's car and possibly flip it/send it oob. No from me.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Ephwurd - 2021-09-06 18:59

I like the base of idea, it may be more useful to have different variations. For example, light, medium and heavy roadblocks. Light roadblocks may be the roadblocks that we are using now. 9 tyres and 5 fence shape may be heavy one. Maybe a medium roadblock class would be good too. There should be some restrictions to usage of heavy one like once a hour or once a time in every four hour. There may be some damages to heavy roadblocks in every usage to avoid players excessive usage. The damage working principle might be like ramps for tow.

And one more thing, suspects should learn to not to going in full speed into roadblocks. We are trying to make realistic chases there, imagine that a suspect going full speed into roadblock, it would be like committing suicide.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Tommer - 2021-09-06 19:30

+1 from me.

I think most suspects are smart enough to recognise an object that can damage their car if they speed into it and slow it down and if not they'll only make that mistake once. The roadblock therefor achieves the intended purpose, forcing the suspect to slow down.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - LeCat - 2021-09-28 23:28

+1 from me!!

I could see this work as the current roadblock is only effective IF cop is standing with the roadblock and that could cause a lot of damage to the COP if the suspect don't slow down enough

RE: Heavy Roadblock - theguy - 2021-09-29 00:34

I definitely liked the idea. +1 for me.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Titan - 2021-09-29 06:13

good work simox ! +1

RE: Heavy Roadblock - bowler - 2021-09-29 18:28

yh big +1 and could help slow down and stop tank set when not enough cops online

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Barney - 2021-09-29 18:53

Normal roadblocks would actually be fine with tires plus car, if more cops start communicating properly and start helping fellow cops instead of just waiting for backup call. I‘ve had roadblockrequest ignored so often, but then cops just chasing other people or even asking for backupcall while it was not avaliable. Or then joining the chase stupid without roadblock making other cops lose the chase. Two cops and and a smart position of the roadblock work very well.

Would be nice to have this new roadblock after x amount of chase time(maybe 10 to 20-minuteish or so). But guess that then would only be possible for cops in joinmode. Or like an official !roadblockreq that cops have to respond to, to be able to place it. so its something special and can be dertermined when its availiable.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Hamster - 2021-09-29 18:55

+1 from me, but in my opinion it could be an option to buy for car.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - A n a n s i - 2021-09-29 22:16

+1 from me, it would be interesting to see how suspects would react to these new roadblocks instead of yeeting themselves into them.
*meysam roadblocking intensifies*

RE: Heavy Roadblock - GT4tube - 2021-09-30 14:21

+GG

DO APPROVE NOW!

(2021-09-29 18:53)Barney Wrote:  Would be nice to have this new roadblock after x amount of chase time(maybe 10 to 20-minuteish or so). But guess that then would only be possible for cops in joinmode. Or like an official !roadblockreq that cops have to respond to, to be able to place it. so its something special and can be dertermined when its availiable.

RE: Heavy Roadblock - Clas - 2021-10-02 08:03

GT4 is biased, he is just out to get better clips for next compilation