[TC] Gaming Forums
Something New You've Got... - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Something New You've Got... (/showthread.php?tid=34)

RE: Something New You've Got... - Blade3562 - 2013-02-01 18:36

I agree cola, we got the shaft here. I used to have like 2gbs in our old town here I'm lucky to get 20mb/s But you can watch the cable provider cap the download and upload speed. It will climb really high then get cut back.

RE: Something New You've Got... - Audiojack - 2013-02-01 20:35

A new windshield for the Accord as I planned.

[Image: Windshield-Replacement.jpg]*

*The windshield in the picture isn't related to this case

It was a really good deal, at the Honda dealership only the glass without installing would have cost over 450 euros.... This guy offered me it with install service for 230e, and he even offered to drive to my dad's workplace to do it (he has a van with all the equipment in there).

So he came and just as he took the glass out of the van, he noticed a small scratch somewhere on the glass. He told me about how it has a scratch on it and offered to do it with a discount if I accepted the use of a scratched glass. I looked at the windshield and didn't even see anything on it, so I accepted immediately of course..

..so he did the whole job for only 150 euros. With two men's work, the windshield itself, and the diesel for driving to the workplace, I wonder if they actually made any profit from it. But I don't really care anyway Laugh

Also, I still haven't noticed where the supposed scratch is Laugh

RE: Something New You've Got... - Cola - 2013-02-01 20:53

I got a free HP Elitebook 6930p from my dads work. Can you believe they were just going to throw it out? Ohmy
Got a docking station and two chargers to go with it as well!

Works perfectly, only thing is that it's really dirty, and that the keyboard needs one key. Need to have a look at the mechanism that holds the lid closed, as it wont close completely.

Otherwise, really nice laptop. 14'', Core 2 Duo, gonna throw in my SSD and it'll be running perfectly. Thumbup

[Image: k59e6ym.jpg]

RE: Something New You've Got... - Roba - 2013-02-02 00:08

Id trade that laptop with Altec Lansing MX6021.. The bass isn't working and we don't know why - But you can probably fix it anyway Tongue

RE: Something New You've Got... - Cola - 2013-02-02 07:21

Hehe, no deal. Tongue

This laptop if I can improve the condition, should sell for 1500-2000 DKK, while a brand new pair of MX6021's is 1500DKK. Wink

RE: Something New You've Got... - Blade3562 - 2013-02-02 07:31

Not trying to troll or anything but those elite books suck, that's the first work computer I have ever heard my dad complain about. It would do random stuff or go unresponsive. It was also heavier then his Dell. He got a new one the year and still liked the Dell more, he said the elite book doesn't seem to work well for business.

RE: Something New You've Got... - Cola - 2013-02-02 08:36

(2013-02-02 07:31)Blade3562 Wrote:  Not trying to troll or anything but those elite books suck, that's the first work computer I have ever heard my dad complain about. It would do random stuff or go unresponsive. It was also heavier then his Dell. He got a new one the year and still liked the Dell more, he said the elite book doesn't seem to work well for business.

You shouldn't talk down on something you obviously know absolutely nothing about. If it would go unresponsive, you should reinstall it. Either your dad or his company or whoever he got it from, has installed some crapware on it or just configured it horribly.

RE: Something New You've Got... - Roba - 2013-02-02 13:14

(2013-02-02 08:36)Cola Wrote:  
(2013-02-02 07:31)Blade3562 Wrote:  Not trying to troll or anything but those elite books suck, that's the first work computer I have ever heard my dad complain about. It would do random stuff or go unresponsive. It was also heavier then his Dell. He got a new one the year and still liked the Dell more, he said the elite book doesn't seem to work well for business.

You shouldn't talk down on something you obviously know absolutely nothing about. If it would go unresponsive, you should reinstall it. Either your dad or his company or whoever he got it from, has installed some crapware on it or just configured it horribly.

Agree with this, my cousins got 2 Elitebooks from their friend who worked for some company, guessed it, they were throwing them away. They work pretty well, they even said there was no problems on them either.

RE: Something New You've Got... - Audiojack - 2013-02-02 14:27

We have one Elitebook at our school too, and IMO it's a really good computer.

RE: Something New You've Got... - Roba - 2013-02-03 15:23

I'm an uncle now Thumbup

RE: Something New You've Got... - Audiojack - 2013-02-03 15:32

(2013-02-03 15:23)Roba Wrote:  I'm an uncle now Thumbup

Congrats Wink

RE: Something New You've Got... - Stephen - 2013-02-04 08:48

Bought this less than an hour ago, somewhat an impulse buy xD

[Image: trackir%205%20ultra.jpg]

RE: Something New You've Got... - Cola - 2013-02-04 08:56

Wtf is that? Tongue

RE: Something New You've Got... - Stephen - 2013-02-04 09:08

TrackIR 5, means you can do this:

RE: Something New You've Got... - Chuck - 2013-02-04 09:08

I was inclined the other day to get it, mainly for A-10 Warthog
http://store.steampowered.com/app/61010/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

RE: Something New You've Got... - KaraK - 2013-02-04 10:03

That looks amazing, but so damn expensive

RE: Something New You've Got... - Stephen - 2013-02-04 10:52

I bought one tonight for $200, not that expensive..

saw one for 1449 DKK which is roughly $253 AUD Unsure

edit: here is my video of the TrackIR in action, excuse my driving, still getting used to it + a bit of alcohol was somewhat responsible xD

RE: Something New You've Got... - ChrisM - 2013-02-09 04:57

3 more hours of ink on my back *Removed* yes. 2 more to finish it, hopefully. Biggrin

RE: Something New You've Got... - Ras - 2013-02-09 13:16

Picked this up at the local music store today

[Image: 25i273l.jpg]

RE: Something New You've Got... - Cola - 2013-02-09 13:43

Nice guitar, Ras. Smile
A friend of mine whom I went on 'efterskole' with, also had a Cort acoustic guitar. Was really nice. A western, right?