[TC] Gaming Forums
No Record Of Offence - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: No Record Of Offence (/showthread.php?tid=3408)

No Record Of Offence - Trance - 2012-06-07 13:55

so i clock a guy doing over 100 it clearly shows that i laser him.

but don't have time to chase him coz i'm stood still but he is flying.. so i put on my siren.. and go and fine the guy... he is coming out of pits.. i go to fine for speeding.. but it says there is no record of any offence.

so if i clock someone in future but don't have time to chase coz they r going so fast. if they make it to pit and pit.... they get away with the fine.. seems a lil unfair

RE: No Record Of Offence - BP - 2012-06-07 14:00

I think it's because the laser recording expires after one minute. It would be nice if it were to be increased to maybe one minute and thirty seconds or two minutes maximum. It can't be too long because then it would be unfair on the suspect because obviously it wouldn't be nice being fined ages after the incident.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Trance - 2012-06-07 14:37

it was 63 seconds after.. i thought it was maybe coz he pitted.. i mean like an actual pit.. shift + p.. not like a pit box pit

RE: No Record Of Offence - Roba - 2012-06-08 15:49

60 seconds is when the laser will disappear from the record.

It could be increased but atleast I'm fine with the current, haven't had problems with it.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Chuck - 2012-06-08 15:57

(2012-06-07 13:55)Trance Wrote:  so if i clock someone in future but don't have time to chase coz they r going so fast. if they make it to pit and pit.... they get away with the fine.. seems a lil unfair

You don't need to stop the car in 60 seconds, all you have to do is to start the chase. Once started, the time-out will stop and the value will remain in memory as long the chase goes. If you even have problems just to start the chase within 60 seconds, you should change your strategy or the suspect Wink

RE: No Record Of Offence - Josh - 2012-06-11 12:32

(2012-06-08 15:57)Chuck Wrote:  If you even have problems just to start the chase within 60 seconds, you should change your strategy or the suspect Wink

What if: You are parked up in a parking area and you !laser someone as they speed past you. Instead of trying to catch them up, which could take 60+ seconds in some cases, you wait for them to do a lap of the track and then stop them?

RE: No Record Of Offence - Chuck - 2012-06-11 12:57

Well, that's exactly the point. The chase should be started promptly after the offence has been witnessed, otherwise I assume you let him off, which means you're not going to pursue that offence any further in future. Otherwise it would mean you sit in some spot watching the traffic for offences, making tally-sheets and days after you're fining someone, for instance, ten times for dangerous driving, something he had committed days before. That's contra productive and cause nothing but arguments. I think 60 seconds is a good time to draw a line.

Edit. If there is a technical issue preventing you from starting a chase, we surely can find a way to improve that. For instance, locking the tracker for a few seconds, so that fast cars wont disappear too quickly. But you should still express your intent to pursue an offence promptly, and not after a lap or even longer.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Josh - 2012-06-11 13:07

I think the argument 'days after' is a bit too exaggerated. Fining someone a few minutes after the offence has been committed is quite reasonable, especially is it is a high speeding offence - where catching them up within 60 seconds isn't always possible.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Pipa - 2012-06-11 13:16

Stopping and waiting for the suspect to come around again kinda defeats the point though. I think 60 seconds is reasonable and i wouldn't want that higher.

If you have a fast stretch of road, get a second cop and position him further down and do some teamwork.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Josh - 2012-06-11 13:40

That's all well and good assuming you can do that at the time - even if you ask another cop to stop them, 60 seconds may not always be possible unless they are already in position.

If you are working on your own (as most cops do, most of the time) it seems a bit unfair that you should essentially be letting people get away simply because they are going 'too fast'.

We don't set time limits for !chase on other offences, so I don't see why speeding is different.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Chuck - 2012-06-11 14:00

(2012-06-11 13:40)Josh Wrote:  We don't set time limits for !chase on other offences, so I don't see why speeding is different.

I believe there exist an "imaginary" limit in people's heads based on common-sense, but the Insim system requires a written number. Not even the rules say a word on that. Theoretically, I could fine you for something you did last month.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Josh - 2012-06-11 14:07

Yes I understand and agree there needs to be some sort of limit on that basis. I just don't agree that, currently, we have a limit for speeding offences but nothing else.

As I said before, trying to catch someone speeding may take longer than trying to catch someone who has passed you on the wrong side, etc.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Roba - 2012-06-11 14:07

Well if you're scared you can't catch high speed cars on a straight, why couldn't you park up right before the turn, where they have to start braking or they crash, so you can clock them just before they brake, and you have much better chances to catch up, and if they run, you get much closer to him and he can't escape that easy..

I still don't see any reason for the timer to be taken off, I think it's a good idea and good time. I personally haven't had problems with it at all.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Chuck - 2012-06-11 14:25

I guess we're talking about "initiating a chase" and not securing the evidence. Also, the word "catching" is very ambiguous.

RE: No Record Of Offence - Josh - 2012-06-11 14:47

Yes sorry, when I say catching I mean initiating a !chase.