[TC] Gaming Forums
[ Car modification topic in LFS ] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] (/showthread.php?tid=34084)

[ Car modification topic in LFS ] - S L A V R - 2021-11-01 19:01

The topic concerns ideas for modifying or converting cars that will be published through Live for Speed

It's not about putting up the edit or allowing it to you what it is for what you will do when this thing is made available what ideas will you do for some fun

It's not about putting up the edit or letting you do it and breaking the rules, it's not like that but the point is when this thing is introduced, what ideas are you going to do to have some fun for example

[Image: xt.png]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: ffa.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot-4.jpg]

Forms are declared through, if available

[/align]

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - Kyle - 2021-11-02 09:33

Moved to LFS area.

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - Tommer - 2021-11-02 14:47

Mods in LFS working properly will be cool.

I wonder if we will be able to finally put some working light bars on our Police cars. I guess you could use the indicator lamps but it will look funny when you're making a turn.

It would be nice to have a greater variety of cars that we can use to cruise around in. Hey maybe someone could make some bigger vehicles such as a Van or a Coach for Roleplay.

A tow vehicle could be a ramp and I don't mean a lowered RAC and a RB4 with a jump set lol.

One of the mods on that page is a ball. I wonder if that is something you can 'drive' or an object you can 'place'? It would be cool to be able to make custom objects for the layout editor. A yield sign would be useful for [TC] or perhaps some better road markings.

One thing I'll say is that I think [TC] if they go to S3 for this is that [TC] should have it's own approved mod list, and adding vehicles only after checking they are balanced for the server, and also aren't a total lag machine. Up until now LFS has run on potato PC's, 3rd party modders are not going to pay attention to triangle count and memory usage unless you tell them their mod won't be allowed unless they fix it.

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - Ghutra - 2021-11-02 23:17

(2021-11-02 14:47)Tommer Wrote:  One of the mods on that page is a ball. I wonder if that is something you can 'drive' or an object you can 'place'? It would be cool to be able to make custom objects for the layout editor. A yield sign would be useful for [TC] or perhaps some better road markings.
The football is a car, so it needs a player (or players if you want to spawn multiples) for it to exist

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - Clas - 2021-11-05 15:54

(2021-11-02 14:47)Tommer Wrote:  Mods in LFS working properly will be cool.

I wonder if we will be able to finally put some working light bars on our Police cars. I guess you could use the indicator lamps but it will look funny when you're making a turn.

It would be nice to have a greater variety of cars that we can use to cruise around in. Hey maybe someone could make some bigger vehicles such as a Van or a Coach for Roleplay.

A tow vehicle could be a ramp and I don't mean a lowered RAC and a RB4 with a jump set lol.

One of the mods on that page is a ball. I wonder if that is something you can 'drive' or an object you can 'place'? It would be cool to be able to make custom objects for the layout editor. A yield sign would be useful for [TC] or perhaps some better road markings.

One thing I'll say is that I think [TC] if they go to S3 for this is that [TC] should have it's own approved mod list, and adding vehicles only after checking they are balanced for the server, and also aren't a total lag machine. Up until now LFS has run on potato PC's, 3rd party modders are not going to pay attention to triangle count and memory usage unless you tell them their mod won't be allowed unless they fix it.

TC should have special made mods for the TC servers. Things that would fit. Like police cars, tow, ambulance, rescue cars, more road cars. And in my opinon remove the current GTR cars.

Also Scawen says that there is a fundamental limit in LFS to ~65k tris. Which hopefully means that laggy mods wont be a thing. Also all mods needs to be approved by LFS moderators in the first place.

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - SIMOX - 2021-11-05 17:16

(2021-11-05 15:54)Clas Wrote:  TC should have special made mods for the TC servers. Things that would fit. Like police cars, tow, ambulance, rescue cars, more road cars. And in my opinon remove the current GTR cars.

All i want is a car mod that has XRR body, sort of widestyle, no wing, no aero, no diffuser, remove front splitter, but bigger engine than XRT and wider tyres. Sort of a match for FZ5.

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - Clas - 2021-11-05 20:12

(2021-11-05 17:16)SIMOX Wrote:  All i want is a car mod that has XRR body, sort of widestyle, no wing, no aero, no diffuser, remove front splitter, but bigger engine than XRT and wider tyres. Sort of a match for FZ5.

Intresting wish, but thats true. There aren't many cars that can compete with the FZ5.

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - Tommer - 2021-11-07 18:37

Wonder if something like the packer from SA would work in LFS

[Image: pZ2CMGZ.png]

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - S L A V R - 2021-11-29 23:40

[Image: 30IDTfS.gif]

how to fix steer wheels this solve the problem Just put the steering wheels Like this on any program 3d , 3d max or blender ....

[Image: Screenshot-5-1.jpg]

Whoever has a solution to some of the problems in LFS editor that

I hope anyone will participate in this thread

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - S L A V R - 2021-11-30 00:03

(2021-11-07 18:37)Tommer Wrote:  Wonder if something like the packer from SA would work in LFS

[Image: pZ2CMGZ.png]

The problem is that there is a copyright, so you cannot convert these cars or from any other game, so you need a car model from any site, for example sketchfab, you search for any model you want and make sure you can use it Or the car can be designed by blueprint

[Image: Screenshot-8.jpg]

[Image: VAZ-2101-Police-car.gif]

[Image: Screenshot-9.jpg]

Car size problem to solve the problem of using lfs cars by using

@ClasK_03 All LFS Cars <----

RE: [ Car modification topic in LFS ] - S L A V R - 2022-01-25 16:45

Solve the problem Invalid texture [texture name] - Colour type RGBA but A is not required

[Image: Screenshot-18.jpg]

https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/LFS_Editor_FAQ

his means that you have exported a texture that contains an alpha channel (32-bit) but you are trying to load it as a non-alpha texture (24-bit). If you do want to include an alpha channel, the texture name must end with the suffix _ALP.

24-bit (RGB) textures should be named like this: TextureName.png
32-bit (RGB+A) textures should be named like this: TextureName_ALP.png
NOTE: In the current public version of LFS, the alpha channel (just like the R, G, B channels, it is a number on each pixel from 0 to 255) is only used for transparency (actually 'opacity' - higher alpha means less transparent). In fact alpha channels can be used for various purposes, for example in the development version of LFS it can be used to specify the reflectivity of each point on a texture page.