[TC] Gaming Forums
Project Police Bimmer - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Project Police Bimmer (/showthread.php?tid=34220)

Pages: 1 2 3

Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-30 20:17

Since the Bav 325 allows derivatives, I thought I'd work on a Police version of the bimmer Smile

I managed to get the LFS editor to work, not sure what I want the performance to be, I kinda want it to compete with the FZ5 as a cop car,

So far it's heavier, the engine position means it'll be better for PIT maneuver. I've given the engine a bit more power but because of the weight the power-weight is a bit less than FZ, I think that's OK because the weight gives it certain advantages in a chase

The wheels I've made similar to FZ, but 17" instead of 18" diameter, reduces the weight a little and I don't think 18" is needed when the car is stuck to the floor with the additional weight anyway.

It has its own handling characteristics but it feels OK to drive

Just a video of me comparing it to FZ and throwing it around a few corners, it's not as nimble as the fz or quite as fast, but I think it is fun Smile

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 04:17

Modelled a nooby lightbar in Blender

[Image: fXjevgm.png]

[Image: TdOvdss.png]

Just have to figure out how to add to the car in lfs editor.. Smile

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 04:51

[Image: 7dcGhxd.png]

It was a way harder task to add an obj to the car without replacing the car than it had any right to be, and it lost its colors! Now I have to figure out how to edit them back in...

RE: Project Police Bimmer - S L A V R - 2021-12-31 06:43

This may help you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVGFlcUQeEo&t=2609s&ab_channel=BrettNewbury

https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/LFS_Editor_Guides

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 10:38

Figured out how to color them in, not yet figured out how to make them flash Smile

[Image: Knat2SY.png]

RE: Project Police Bimmer - TAZxx - 2021-12-31 11:31

As of right now, I think the only way is to the indicators including hazard lights, g key, and 3 key.

I don't know if Scawen plans to change this in the future.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 11:35

I'm currently trying to make them indicators Smile

Weird thing with the model is that the texture names are all like A3D972~7B519958

But when I reload the texture.. complains texture name can't contain ~
Wonder how it got ~ in the first place.. wonder if significant...

RE: Project Police Bimmer - TAZxx - 2021-12-31 11:38

Interesting...

Might be worth messaging Chuck or Elmo...

Good work so far... I definitely believe this should be on-par with the FZ5 and I'm excited to see it in action!

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 12:30

Smile

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 15:06

The model works but has 67443 triangles, whilst the upload limit is 65536... I wanted to add grill lights but I'm out of triangles...

Parts of the car are pretty triangle dense, it might be possible to collapse some of these without much of a noticeable difference in quality, trouble is I can't see any retopo tools within the editor.. will have to have a look

Another trouble I'm having is with the indicators, I had to do something pretty hacky to get blue lights on the lightbar, trouble is it's turned the cars indicators white

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 16:59

I didn't find a way to get the model out. Not wanting to be defeated I've taken to manually deleting chunks of triangles and filling them back in to bring the triangle count down...

Right now I'm at 67201 tris, so I'm like... a 10th of the way there, sore hand from all the clicking... not the most fun way to spend an evening.... Hopefully it'll be worth it

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2021-12-31 18:08

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2021-12-31 21:12

that looks awesome mate great work cant wait to see it with a police battenburg on it

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-02 14:34

I've made it skinnable and submitted it for review. I also since added some grill lights and side-front fender lights

If anyone wants to be making a skin in the meantime

Vehicle Mod
https://mega.nz/file/ls0iSLiC#I3_0WWTt4jUvilIsW69YlQnhWqh2f65Co2H9oFZRlg8
Skin Template
https://mega.nz/file/A1tC1bLA#rGP4UKE09QUxMVhMWAflWOWIgUcc-HRqx6VbVpsr8pw

I've not yet figured out how to make the paint tintable with a skin, or make configurations with no lightbar/amber lights. Another day Smile

[Image: F8LWYDB.jpg]

[Image: HiLWP2f.jpg]

[Image: KVBcjcU.jpg]

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2022-01-02 15:08

very nice

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Ras - 2022-01-02 15:50

Awesome, good work.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-03 13:14

Turns out that due to a bug on LFS website, my mod was saved but not submitted for review.

It's submitted now, hopefully it'll come available on the mods list soon

I'm still working on it, I may change the engine parameters a bit, I did some test laps vs the FZ5 and I think it needs a bit more power.

Tempted to also see if the car body mesh can be raised a bit by default, so that a similar ride height reduction/center of gravity to fz50 can be achieved without the wheels going through the wheel wells

Also todo:
- Make the skins tintable
- Make lightbar optional.
- Fix Minor skin issue at the corners of the car
- Rear license plate should be yellow

Nice to have in the future
- VCU Version
- Amber light option

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2022-01-03 13:51

well done mate cant wait to see it on the server and yh maybe power a bit less than the fz but awesome work nether the less maybe your next car can be a new volvo estate with lightbar Smile

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Misterviin - 2022-01-03 14:33

Cobra 11 intensifies

RE: Project Police Bimmer - GT4tube - 2022-01-04 10:00

awesome!

We need Share lightbar mod, Then we can add lightbar to any cars mods Smile