[TC] Gaming Forums
Project Police Bimmer - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Project Police Bimmer (/showthread.php?tid=34220)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-04 17:48

Wonder how long it takes these to get accepted. Mines been sat Pending Review for a while now Unsure

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Yukine - 2022-01-04 19:18

Nice work. Smile
I think you'll have to wait until the end of the week or early next week due to recent holidays.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-10 11:21

Looks like it got published this morning

It's a version from a week ago, I was waiting to see if it's published before I work on it more in case they turn around and say it's not allowed

Engine is not final performance likely to change probably this weekend when I next have some time to work on it.

People have been requesting engine configs in the comments to specific versions of BMW altho I was mostly just making with [TC] in mind than trying to make a specific car, but will see what I can do, maybe one of those has something that actually will compete with fz50 anyway.

Cyanide Christ also had some interior toys for the police version that might get added but one of them is too high triangles for the car

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2022-01-10 15:41

is it on the server now tommer?

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-10 16:00

No not yet, probably gotta ask Chuck. I've yet to do a police skin or figure out how to do a config without lightbar, so unless you've already made a skin it might not be very useful on [TC] anyway yet.. I'll get there, one problem at a time Smile

I did update it earlier with a new engine someone else made for it, it's got a turbo now supposedly based on a M340i, also fixed issue where it couldn't be tinted and fixed the number plate colors

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Ras - 2022-01-10 16:23

Really nice cop car....

But did you test it before releasing?
  • Inside engine sound is just as loud as outside and cant be turned down. It acts like a open top car.
  • The car cant brake with the default setup.
  • Tail lights are pretty dim.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-10 18:29

(2022-01-10 16:23)Ras Wrote:  Really nice cop car....

But did you test it before releasing?
  • Inside engine sound is just as loud as outside and cant be turned down. It acts like a open top car.
  • The car cant brake with the default setup.
  • Tail lights are pretty dim.

Please adjust your expectations. The way you talk to me is like you think I'm Scawen. I'm not Scawen, I'm Tommer. I'm some guy who barely just figured out how to put a lightbar on someone elses mod.

Do you really think I even figured out enough of the editor to know how to make inside/outside sounds different, change the default setup or figure out how to make the tail lights brighter than they are? Chill.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Ras - 2022-01-10 19:07

I'm just pointing out issues i found with it. If you release something, expect to get something back when it's not completed (WIP is fine, but so should feedback be). We are all new at the LFS Editor, it's totally fair. I'm loving the police spec on the BMW, so keep up the good work.

The reason i ask if you tested it first, is because i'd have thought some of those things are basic stuff. The original BMW had some of it working already i think. I have used the Editor some myself, but i guess i don't know how hard these things are to fix.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-10 19:34

Don't get me wrong, they're all things I'm working on, I hope to improve many aspects of it with time, it just came off like you thought I'd released my final thing with top quality control when really it is just a pet project I'm working on, half of the things in the editor are completely new to me

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-11 20:59

Just updated the mod
Added Amber Light Config
Added VCU Config (No lightbar)
Front plate gets side lights on VCU/Cop
Sounds inside car now different to outside

Note... Amber config has limitations actually it was really hard to get an amber config in at all, b/c of LFS limitations, the amber lights are not on the indicators but rather on normal lights and the white lamps are on the indicators.. Yes I know fz5 safety etc is not setup like that but the problem is unique to the shape of this car and the way LFS maps textures

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-12 11:27

Another update

Low profile rear/front windscreen blues for VCU
Blue lightbar config has some blues behind the rear headrests for better rear visibility

Fixed a missing triangle in the front windscreen

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2022-01-12 12:26

Using it right now mate absolute stunning addition to the bmw love it great work

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Ras - 2022-01-12 13:32

Appreciate the updates, it's coming along very nice! And special thanks for the VCU features.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-12 20:05

Begun work skinning it...

[Image: kvOJuzN.png]

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Marty - 2022-01-13 00:03

Looking great, will start up Photoshop myself as well. Stunning mod!

Edit: If it's not too much of a hassle, I was wondering whether a Taxi sign could be added to the roof as a config to be used?

RE: Project Police Bimmer - GT4tube - 2022-01-13 11:26

Pro gg

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-14 21:57

Current skin progress

[Image: t0gi9iN.png]

[Image: FCvRgmJ.png]

I will see about making a taxi config yes

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2022-01-15 09:51

absolutely stunning work that tommer looks amazing and good detail

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-16 10:48

Updated it this morning with a new cam timing to get some more power out of it as I felt it was not able to keep up with FZ5 before, going to try it on the server today, it definitely feels more nippy from a quick drive Smile

Upon Request

Lightbar obj

Actually there's a few files

Rear windscreen lamp is what it sounds like

Quad is literally two triangles in the shape of a rectangle.. Good for behind the grille lights where you don't wanna spend lots of triangles and people won't see up close

Lightbar.obj is the lightbar

Note that these won't just work, you have to do the mappings yourself. You'll need to edit the texture of the headlamps that come with your car to have a blue blob somewhere on the texture to use for the lamps, and a mapping that uses that blob, with the correct name check the lfs editor guide for the indicator names

https://mega.nz/file/ggcGiTKS#ZCCRSepEpVQWSSeFVoxy3oA1fjC0JEv9PHsCGcJ0SjU

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-16 14:01

Did somebody say

[Image: ykHAtPq.png]

...Taxi?

Note: I had to get rid of the amber config as there's a configuration limit... Nobody seemed to be using it anyway, figured Taxi would be the more popular choice Smile