[TC] Gaming Forums
Project Police Bimmer - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Project Police Bimmer (/showthread.php?tid=34220)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-17 17:32

I kinda wanna do a better engine sound but I have no idea where to even begin

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2022-01-17 18:32

(2022-01-17 17:32)Tommer Wrote:  I kinda wanna do a better engine sound but I have no idea where to even begin
mate ive got a very nice engine sound if you wanna hear and try it

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Marty - 2022-01-18 12:58

Awesome Tommer!!!!!
Thx for adding the taxi sign on top! Biggrin

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Ehet - 2022-01-18 18:32

Since your mod is a 335i, you might also want to adjust the rear bumper and the exhausts

[Image: 30970.jpg]

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Moonlight.Neko - 2022-01-19 02:39

Can you make an estate model? For Med/Res? This is an amazing mod. Wish I knew how to model. Lol.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Marty - 2022-01-20 19:17

Did the model get removed from the list? I can't find your mod anymore. Sad

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-21 14:19

Not sure what's happened, it was showing up in my Saved list instead of Published...

All the other bav cars got removed too including the one mine is based off.

I went on LFS site and the mod was set to saved instead of Published. I clicked Publish and it's back

But I'm not sure it'll stay published... Seeing as all the other bav cars taken down too suspect it is not a glitch.. Will wait to see if there's a problem I guess

RE: Project Police Bimmer - bowler - 2022-01-21 14:41

still cant see it in the list of mods do we have to ask chuck to put back in?

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-21 15:00

Here's the situation

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1984807#post1984807

Relevant Section-

Kid222
Quote:To explain thoroughly:

While doing research on the model sites, the open3dmodels terms of service state that "...all the resources on Open3dModel are only use for your personal project or educational purposes.", which unfortunately is not acceptable for use in LFS. Personal project is being read as non-public, to learn and tweak the model for your own use.

Retrospectively all other open3dmodel mods have been unpublished as well.

Apologies for your work going to waste. If you manage to find other source, you can try uploading the mod again for review.

Me
Quote:I won't be seeking out another source.

Just to make it clear, this is a big problem. If LFS Mods will be spending their time AFTER a mod is approved retrospectively finding reasons to remove that mod then you can count me out of making mods.

Maybe you think this is an OK way to run things, but I personally will not accept it, I won't be messing about with mods any more in LFS. Cheers.

What a waste of time. Who wants to make mods for LFS if after they've approved your mod and tell you it's all legally OK they then spend the next weeks finding excuses to remove your mod whilst you put your time and care into it. Count me out.

I'll leave it at that. [/quote]

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Adam - 2022-01-21 15:38

(2022-01-21 15:00)Tommer Wrote:  Here's the situation

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1984807#post1984807

Relevant Section-

Kid222
Quote:To explain thoroughly:

While doing research on the model sites, the open3dmodels terms of service state that "...all the resources on Open3dModel are only use for your personal project or educational purposes.", which unfortunately is not acceptable for use in LFS. Personal project is being read as non-public, to learn and tweak the model for your own use.

Retrospectively all other open3dmodel mods have been unpublished as well.

Apologies for your work going to waste. If you manage to find other source, you can try uploading the mod again for review.

Me
Quote:I won't be seeking out another source.

Just to make it clear, this is a big problem. If LFS Mods will be spending their time AFTER a mod is approved retrospectively finding reasons to remove that mod then you can count me out of making mods.

Maybe you think this is an OK way to run things, but I personally will not accept it, I won't be messing about with mods any more in LFS. Cheers.

What a waste of time. Who wants to make mods for LFS if after they've approved your mod and tell you it's all legally OK they then spend the next weeks finding excuses to remove your mod whilst you put your time and care into it. Count me out.

I'll leave it at that.

You make LFS liable for any copyright infringement you make in your mods. If you upload a mod that uses a model made by someone else, and it doesn't comply with the license, then it's LFS that gets in trouble for it, not you. It's your own fault that you didn't follow the LFS modding rules by getting the right license for your model.

What you can do is contact the creator of the model and get the correct permissions from the person who made it, then you are okay and submitting that permission along with the mod, it won't get removed. Zdenek is only doing his job by removing your mod.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - BP - 2022-01-21 15:48

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1984828#post1984828

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Tommer - 2022-01-21 16:08

Yeah alright I get it I sound like an upset girlfriend.

Maybe it's because I put some passion into that. IDK. It does upset me.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Ras - 2022-01-21 16:55

It's understandable to be upset about this. You would have thought it was fine when they approved the original mod, and also yours. Who would have thought they were so careless during the approval process.

I hope maybe you could get permission to use the model somehow, if it's possible to get in contact with the owner of the 3D model, but i have no clue how easy that would even be.

It sucks. It was one of the better mods available.

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Rasmus - 2022-01-21 18:07

Sad this mod made me want to buy S3

RE: Project Police Bimmer - Marty - 2022-01-21 18:42

Well, since the copyright doesn't lay with you, they're right. It's careless however that the mod got accepted by LFS moderation without checking where the copyright lay and whether the creator actually gave permission. I understand that you went on to adjust the original Bavaria mod, since it already was accepted and you got permission to adjust from the uploader. Sucks though, appreciate the hard work you put into it.