[TC] Gaming Forums
Keeping right - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Keeping right (/showthread.php?tid=3427)

Keeping right - Tommer - 2012-06-09 19:50

I had a discussion with someone in the server today. From what I gathered, they had crashed someone whilst driving on the wrong-side, and yes apologized, however this is the thing;

The person who was driving on the wrong side, was driving with his map off, and his car draw distance set to 50m. He had no idea what was coming before he wrong sided.

He claims that this is OK because he claims he was not 'purposely endangering' people so it complies with the rules, and he argues that nowhere on the rules does it say you are required to check the road ahead is clear before wrong-siding.

My suggestion is a small update to the rules to say something along the lines of 'You MUST check and know the road is clear ahead before wrongsiding' - I know this sounds like common sense, but apparently this guy thinks that because common sense isn't in the rules he doesn't have to use it.. Which is wrong.

Well, let me know what you think.

RE: Keeping right - ChrisM - 2012-06-09 19:53

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1738&highlight=their+line

Post #3

RE: Keeping right - Crille - 2012-06-09 20:50

1.3. Drive on the correct side of the road.

Driving on the wrong side is tolerated for short periods of time and as long nobody else gets disturbed or endangered. Crashes due to this will be treated as ramming.

RE: Keeping right - Tommer - 2012-06-09 20:53

I could have quoted the rules if I wanted to >_> . The point is, it doesn't actually ask you to check the road ahead, and apparently people are using this as an excuse.

RE: Keeping right - Adampower - 2012-06-09 21:10

Goes under rule 1.2 do not cause accidents w/e

The most important rule ofcourse is the

'Common sense' rule, everything can't be accounted its impossible

RE: Keeping right - James - 2012-06-10 13:55

It is their own fault for not having the map enabled. It is also their own fault if they get banned for being ignorant.

Thats that, right ?

RE: Keeping right - Chuck - 2012-06-10 14:11

Rule 1.3 is stated very clearly and unambiguously. It does not say you have to check the road explicitly cause it's entirely up to you how to make sure not to violate that rule. Whether you use your eyes and the map (like the majority) or use some magic skill or a guide-dog.

The rules does also not mention "purposely endangering" because its completely irrelevant how someone violated the rule, whether it was deliberately or negligently or, like in this particular case, even grossly negligent.

If some person has apparent problems following a simple rule we surely find some appropriate measures to educate them Wink

RE: Keeping right - Stevo - 2012-06-10 14:22

If he starts being a *Removed* about it get an admin to ban his ass for trying to be clever. It's what usually happens anyway.

RE: Keeping right - Bez - 2012-06-10 21:03

I drive with no map because its much more realistic. In the sense you have to stop at junctions, look both ways and think and look before overtaking. I only wrong side if i can see ahead.. and i have 250m multiplayer car draw so i can see a far as the game lets me. I don't wrong side on corners cause that would be unsafe with no map? Duh. Common sense. You wouldn't overtake on a blind bend in real life? So why do it in a game that's trying to re-crate that real life feeling? Confused