[TC] Gaming Forums
Drivers License for BUS - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Drivers License for BUS (/showthread.php?tid=34335)

Drivers License for BUS - Marty_Deslions - 2022-01-25 19:46

With the current situation, anyone can just take a bus, and go "bussing" around. This is something that can be improved in my opinion. Some people don't seem to pay enough attention to the dimensions of the bus, creating a mess.

There is a license system for "classic" jobs like tow and cop, with a manual and a test that you have to take. For taxi, there also is a license that you just have to purchase, and then you're good to go.

My suggestion is to implent a license for driving the bus. So not only for doing bus jobs, but for driving a bus in general. So if you don't have a bus license, you won't be able to leave the pit with a bus.

I think it would be an improvement to make people realize about driving the bus. Busses are usually longer and wider than cars. You need to watch your mirrors when maneuvering. You also usually sit in front of the front wheels, for example. Also, when making tight turns, the back end tends to go the opposite way. Busses are usually alot heavier than cars, making them alot more powerful in terms of crashing. Like they say: With great power comes great responsibility.

You can either choose for a simple license system that you just have to purchase (like taxi), where it just gives a small textbox telling the player to take notice of the size/weight/position/etc of the bus.
Or, you can choose for a more comprehensive license system, where the player have to do a test on TC world, like with RACE/TOW/MEDRES/COP.

[Image: 61f053039b82f-bus_lfs.png]

RE: Drivers License for BUS - Gaz - 2022-01-25 21:10

Even just a purchasable license without a test (like the taxi one) would be a good addition imo. At least then it can be revoked if people are using it inappropriately.

I'm not really sure what you could even make a test about without making it practical training, however maybe just a few pointers that you have to read through and "agree" that you've read them (similar to race test, I guess) would be helpful - just things like tail-swing, turning radius, being expected to drive sensibly/professionally etc and/or a short guide about how the system works. Smile

I would personally also quite like, if such a thing is implemented, that the bus becomes free to use for those who have purchased a license. It seems a bit weird to be paying to drive a bus - I wonder which company irl charges their drivers to drive their buses. Tongue

Good suggestion, +1.

RE: Drivers License for BUS - Marty_Deslions - 2022-01-25 23:13

(2022-01-25 21:10)Gaz Wrote:  ...

I would personally also quite like, if such a thing is implemented, that the bus becomes free to use for those who have purchased a license. It seems a bit weird to be paying to drive a bus - I wonder which company irl charges their drivers to drive their buses. Tongue

Good point you got there. But then people could also just drive around for "free" when they have the license. So maybe having the busses still buyable would be better. Also, the income goes directly to you, not some big bus company. So maybe it could be considered like freelancer busdriver.

RE: Drivers License for BUS - Ras - 2022-01-26 08:41

I've always said there needs to be a licence to drive buses. Maybe even at the same level as the cop licence with practical training available. A bus is a very big and heavy vehicle that can cause problems if you don't know what you are doing. Also it might reduce the amount of buses on the road. Right now quite a lot of people do the bus routes, and i feel like the focus should be a little more on the civilian, cop and other jobs side of things.

RE: Drivers License for BUS - bowler - 2022-01-26 09:16

got my vote there are way to many people who just drive the bus to cause havoc and push there way into traffic not adhering to any road laws this would be a great addition and also add more of a rp feel

RE: Drivers License for BUS - AnansiMaxine - 2022-01-26 11:34

(2022-01-25 21:10)Gaz Wrote:  Even just a purchasable license without a test (like the taxi one) would be a good addition imo. At least then it can be revoked if people are using it inappropriately.

I'm not really sure what you could even make a test about without making it practical training, however maybe just a few pointers that you have to read through and "agree" that you've read them (similar to race test, I guess) would be helpful - just things like tail-swing, turning radius, being expected to drive sensibly/professionally etc and/or a short guide about how the system works. Smile

Good suggestion, +1.

bus basic training soon, so ppl can do a sharp turn without htiting the wall hh

RE: Drivers License for BUS - Felipe Jardim - 2022-01-26 16:26

(2022-01-25 21:10)Gaz Wrote:  I'm not really sure what you could even make a test about without making it practical training, however maybe just a few pointers that you have to read through and "agree" that you've read them (similar to race test, I guess) would be helpful - just things like tail-swing, turning radius, being expected to drive sensibly/professionally etc and/or a short guide about how the system works. Smile

Top view and other detailed images of buses going around intersections and roundabouts and most importantly SHARING THE BUS STOP with other buses, with captions explaining the physics, turning radius, tail track, etc as you click "agree" so there is no "surprises" later on like the good old classic "sorry didn't know" excuse i deal with on and off LFS

+1 from me