[TC] Gaming Forums
Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Mod renting and purchasing management change needed (/showthread.php?tid=34526)

Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - Vilix - 2022-03-25 13:09

Hello, I've spoken to a couple people about this topic and decided to make a suggestion here.
Before I start, I want to thank Chuck and the rest of the TC group for quickly implementing new updates when the recent modding update was released. However, I think there's possibility and need for change.

My main concern is that it's clear that currently there has been a loss of motivation to keep implementing new mods and also actually making them purchasable. The dependence on a singular person to consistently update and implement mods into the server is unrealistic (as seen by recent activity), and this is inconveniencing the community as renting over time can be costly, let alone also not having any income while driving adds extra damages to our wallets. To my understanding, adding mods to the list is not the issue, but making them purchasable is, as you have to add a lot of variables like durability, earnings, price etc.

As I am not a coding or dev. expert I cannot give a concrete suggestion on how to approach this, however I do think it would be nice if there was at least a temporary solution to this issue. For instance, giving rentable cars income or letting more staff members take on the responsibility of implementing cars into the car dealer. I'm sure there are many who would agree that this is a needed change.

I hope this at the very least sparks some conversation between the TC team in the hopes something can be done. Either way, any feedback or updates on the progression of fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - Hamster - 2022-03-25 13:32

Yes, it would be a good idea to add someone else who can add cars to the car dealer, the cars, most people want to have (look polls). Same for example map corrections, (look Westhill Retro, Westhill Trackday, Blackwood Trackday versions ready for buses etc. - these maps are still not ready).
If Chuck has been inactive for a while, someone else should replace him.

RE: Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - Adam - 2022-03-25 15:50

(2022-03-25 13:32)Hamster Wrote:  If Chuck has been inactive for a while, someone else should replace him.

who do you propose Laugh Laugh

RE: Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - Petsu - 2022-03-25 15:55

(2022-03-25 15:50)Adam Wrote:  
(2022-03-25 13:32)Hamster Wrote:  If Chuck has been inactive for a while, someone else should replace him.

who do you propose Laugh Laugh

tc-g nick

RE: Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - fWANKy - 2022-03-25 17:03

There are coders in the community who im sure can help chuck with the coding responsibilities

RE: Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - Felipe Jardim - 2022-03-26 03:53

Maybe we could have a community review sub forum similar to the mod review system on the LFS forums, where a proposed car would be presented, price, earning metrics and durability are established and people vote on it, or discuss changes to make it better fit the server gameplay.

As far as renting goes, make all STDRENT cars/trucks/bikes +1 vehicles until they get added to dealer. Cars already in dealer retain their regular rental rates.

RE: Mod renting and purchasing management change needed - Titan - 2022-03-29 04:39

jardim has delivered a good approach .. the slow cars first with +1

the other thing is.. i don't think the community should discuss that with durability and the other things..

the tc team might find a member who supports chuck in this matter