[TC] Gaming Forums
[TC] BeamNG.drive / BeamMP server - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: [TC] BeamNG.drive / BeamMP server (/showthread.php?tid=34636)

[TC] BeamNG.drive / BeamMP server - Marty_Deslions - 2022-05-11 19:22

So I got this idea for TC to host a BeamMP server. BeamMP is a multiplayer application for a game called "BeamNG.drive". This is basicly the most realistic driving/car physics simulator out there (I challenge anyone to name a better car sim than BeamNG). I think it would be nice for the TC gamers to also meet in BeamNG.

For those unfamiliar with BeamNG.drive, google it.
Or watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btnT7kKx8RI

RE: [TC] BeamNG.drive / BeamMP server - megatronus8010 - 2022-05-12 02:43

Great Idea. I love the game but not sure if it would be worthwhile to host a specific server for TC as I dont know many people who play both the games.

AFAIK there isn't a way to achieve LFS like insim functionality in BEAM but it would be really cool if it was possible. I am pretty sure Chuck has already taken a look at it.

RE: [TC] BeamNG.drive / BeamMP server - Tommer - 2022-05-18 10:37

Cops and Robbers style gameplay on BeamNG I imagine would be pretty fun

In recent history I have seen sim racers on YouTube mentioning that the driving model/physics engine has been improved to the point it's gotten as good as some popular racing and rally simulators, so I think it would be unwise to dismiss BeamNG as just a crash simulator any more.

The large maps with road networks like the Italian map would be pretty sweet for chases and cruising.

With that said I wonder if it should be the [TC] team specifically that brings Cops and Robbers/Cruising to BeamNG as it might divide the community somewhat. Not to mention that any time developing things to work on BeamNG is time not spent developing stuff on LFS. It might be better if someone other than [TC] took on such a task and ran it as it's own community instead